I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

XFL Returns in February 2020

Vince McMahon is bringing back the XFL in February 2020 and today, the eight teams have been announced.

unnamed.png

Putting a team in St. Louis is a smart move. However, New York and Los Angeles are beyond capacity in regards to football teams. The Houston logo is the nicest of them all.

The Dallas logo reminds me of a masked Tex Mex from Bravestarr. Just put a bandana over his mouth and he can be the Renegades mascot LOL

texhex.jpg

On 8/26/2019 at 6:22 AM, HyperDrive said:

Putting a team in St. Louis is a smart move.

I agree, I still have a hard time considering the Rams a L.A. team even though they moved a couple of years ago already (2016 IIRC). To think at some points they used to have several major league teams, with two in the same league until the 1950s... WTH happened ? 

Somehow I got used to the Chargers returning to L.A. more easily (sorry San Diego people and Chargers fans, I know this move was quite a big deal for you).

On 8/26/2019 at 6:22 AM, HyperDrive said:

However, New York and Los Angeles are beyond capacity in regards to football teams.

Amen to that. Such a comment actually goes for pretty much any major league sport actually, each city has more teams in one major league (especially if you count the Brooklyn Nets as a NYC team and the Anaheim Angels and Anaheim Ducks as L.A.) than some states or Canadian provinces have in the whole big 4 (NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB)... I know they are big cities and all, but there isn't this kind of overload with other big cities like Detroit, Houston or even San Francisco.

And ironically, we're talking New York while the "New York" Jets and the "New York" Giants are - from what I understand - actually based in New Jersey, leaving the Buffalo Bills the only NFL team actually based in the state of NY.

18 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

I agree, I still have a hard time considering the Rams a L.A. team even though they moved a couple of years ago already (2016 IIRC). To think at some points they used to have several major league teams, with two in the same league until the 1950s... WTH happened ? 

The river commerce that it was built upon declined throughout the last century.

18 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Amen to that. Such a comment actually goes for pretty much any major league sport actually, each city has more teams in one major league (especially if you count the Brooklyn Nets as a NYC team and the Anaheim Angels and Anaheim Ducks as L.A.) than some states or Canadian provinces have in the whole big 4 (NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB)... I know they are big cities and all, but there isn't this kind of overload with other big cities like Detroit, Houston or even San Francisco.

And ironically, we're talking New York while the "New York" Jets and the "New York" Giants are - from what I understand - actually based in New Jersey, leaving the Buffalo Bills the only NFL team actually based in the state of NY.

Los Angeles and NYC also have two MLS teams each with the LA Galaxy out in the suburbs and the NY Redbulls in Jersey. It is total overload. Houston is an interesting exception since it is the biggest city in Texas and one of the fastest growing in the nation.

Tbh, Canadian provinces don't need the NFL since they have the CFL. The only other major league beside the NHL to have multiple teams up there is MLS.