I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
galvatron1976

Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed in abdomen at promotional event in China

Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed in abdomen at promotional event in China

HONG KONG (ANN): Hong Kong actor Simon Yam was stabbed in the abdomen on Saturday (July 20) during a promotional event in the southern Chinese city of Zhongshan, local news outlets reported.

Yam, 64, was speaking on stage as a guest at the event when a man suddenly charged towards him, according to videos of the incident circulating online.

h

From clips uploaded shortly after the incident, the man can be seen taking a weapon out of his pocket before aiming it towards Yam.

He then lashes out at Yam repeatedly as the actor frantically tries to move away while clutching his abdomen.

A photo shared online shows the attacker being subdued by security officers.

According to the Sina Entertainment portal, a spokesman for the actor said that he remained conscious after the incident. He was taken to hospital and his wound has also been treated. 

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2019/07/20/hong-kong-actor-simon-yam-stabbed-in-abdomen-at-promotional-event-in-china/

crazy, good to hear he is healing up, Simon is very lucky , serious security issues here, how did he get in an event like that with a knife

Fucking bastard, Yam is one of my favourite actors so praying that he is alright at the moment. 

Edited by De Ming Li

"Simon Yam Gets Discharged From Hospital 4 Days After Attack" - http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/simon-yam-gets-discharged-from-hospital.html - "After undergoing two operations and with no life threatening complications, Simon Yam was able to go home on July 24.  His right arm was all bandaged up as he stepped out of the hospital.  He then thanked everyone waiting outside for their concerns.  His wife, Sophia Kao, said that these past few days were both long and tough for them, but they have remained optimistic because Simon Yam has assured that everything was going to be okay.  Sophia also thanked the medical staff for taking care of her husband as well as the media and Simon's talent agency.  She then assured the public that Simon Yam will be able to come back soon."

Edited by whitesnake

On 7/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, JackieChan said:

Lord, I'm Schizophrenic myself but I won't stabbed Simon Yam! What a weird idea. Happy that it was barely nothing and he's well. And I hop that Mrs K. will be released decently soon and not on streaming closed platform. The movie deserves Blu!