Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Thor: Love and Thunder (2021) - Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson

It looks like Marvel is going ahead with a fourth Thor film as it has been announced that Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi has signed a deal to both write and direct the new film, which Chris Hemsworth has said he would be open to return. Under the circumstances, it's safe to say he will return. The only issue now is that Thor 4 will definitely put the live-action adaptation of Akira on the back burner. Waititi was in the midst of testing Asian actors for the roles in Akira but there are concerns with the script, which put Akira on the shelf for now. Warners are still hopeful that Waititi will commit to Akira after Thor 4.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-direct-thor-4-1224464

Edited by AlbertV

Akira the Live-Action version, has been put hold far too many times. There's no shortage of Marvel movies, it's Thor that should be put on hold.

count me in, I thought the first 2 Thor movies were average at best, but by the time Ragnarok rolled in, and later Infinity War, I really like Thor now

Considering how bad about every movie based on japanese anime&videogame made in hollywood have been so far, Thor 4 feels much safer bet for a good movie to be made.

Edited by Tex Killer

I literally just watched Alita and ... I'm so sad there is no actual ending. They planned for a sequel that's probably never coming.

Screw you Hollywood!