I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
One Armed Boxer

Parasite (2019) Bong Joon-ho and Song Kang-ho reunite!

Bong Joon-ho returns to the big screen after his venture into Netflix movie making with 'Okja', and deservedly walks away with the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, the first Korean movie to ever do so.  Check out my review over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/parasite-2019-review-bong-joon-ho-korean/

Parasite.jpg

On 7/15/2019 at 5:03 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Bong Joon-ho returns to the big screen after his venture into Netflix movie making with 'Okja', and deservedly walks away with the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, the first Korean movie to ever do so.

This one is definitely on my movies to see on the big screen and to get on physical media.

For the big screen, we in the USA will have to wait until October - release date so it can be eligible/in contention for award season. 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:03 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Bong Joon-ho returns to the big screen after his venture into Netflix movie making with 'Okja', and deservedly walks away with the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, the first Korean movie to ever do so.  Check out my review over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/parasite-2019-review-bong-joon-ho-korean/

@One Armed Boxer you weren't kidding... your review is spot on, and the film definitely deserves the rating you gave it. In fact, originally I only looked at the rating you gave it because a new Bong Joon-ho film doesn't come along every day, and I wanted to go into the film blindly so I could be totally surprised (you're very considerate about not spoiling movies, but I wanted zero info on the story this time). I'm so glad I did it this way. Going in, I wasn't even aware of the film's genre, and I was taken on a fascinating and unpredictable journey with the characters. The direction, cast, story, music... everything is of the highest caliber.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:52 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Go see this in the biggest screen possible. Yeah I know it's out in the torrents but I'd rather experience this in the biggest screen possible. The cinematography is freaking gorgeous, my god BONG!!! 

I agree completely with @OpiumKungFuCracker. To anyone interested in the film, do yourself a favor- see it in the theater! Director Bong Joon-ho has created another cinematic work of art with this film. The cinematography is breath-taking- the colors, compositions and locations are so striking, with each lush visual truly an integral part of the storytelling. So experiencing it in the largest format possible is highly recommended.

Of all the Asian countries, my wife's preferred film viewing is of South Korea's output. But I was still taken aback when she brought up PARASITE to me, and asked if we were going to go and see it. Usually I am the one telling her about what's coming out and asking her if she'd watch films with me. But she had seen commercials for it, and was intrigued. I think it's pretty cool that a Korean film is getting mainstream exposure like this, no doubt due in large part to its winning the Palm d'Or at Cannes Film Festival. My son went to see it before we had the chance, and he said it was a packed theater and that the audience response was terrific.

It's dark, deep, laugh-out-loud funny, thought-provoking, and horrifying. 10/10

8 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@One Armed Boxer you weren't kidding... your review is spot on, and the film definitely deserves the rating you gave it. In fact, originally I only looked at the rating you gave it because a new Bong Joon-ho film doesn't come along every day, and I wanted to go into the film blindly so I could be totally surprised (you're very considerate about not spoiling movies, but I wanted zero info on the story this time). I'm so glad I did it this way. Going in, I wasn't even aware of the film's genre, and I was taken on a fascinating and unpredictable journey with the characters. The direction, cast, story, music... everything is of the highest caliber.

I agree completely with @OpiumKungFuCracker. To anyone interested in the film, do yourself a favor- see it in the theater! Director Bong Joon-ho has created another cinematic work of art with this film. The cinematography is breath-taking- the colors, compositions and locations are so striking, with each lush visual truly an integral part of the storytelling. So experiencing it in the largest format possible is highly recommended.

Of all the Asian countries, my wife's preferred film viewing is of South Korea's output. But I was still taken aback when she brought up PARASITE to me, and asked if we were going to go and see it. Usually I am the one telling her about what's coming out and asking her if she'd watch films with me. But she had seen commercials for it, and was intrigued. I think it's pretty cool that a Korean film is getting mainstream exposure like this, no doubt due in large part to its winning the Palm d'Or at Cannes Film Festival. My son went to see it before we had the chance, and he said it was a packed theater and that the audience response was terrific.

It's dark, deep, laugh-out-loud funny, thought-provoking, and horrifying. 10/10

Hell Yes!! My sentiments exactly. Loved it! 

2 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

Going to see this the first day it shows here in town on Friday!

Great! It's so sumptuously filmed- you will love seeing it in the theater. Even if the story sucked (which it most certainly does not) I would probably still have been mesmerized by the look.

Please share your thoughts about it here after you see it (don't forget to use the "no spoilers" feature (just highlight any spoilers in your text, then click the eye icon above, right between the emoji tool and the image tool, and it will hide it unless people choose to click on it 😀👍)!