Sign in to follow this  
NoKUNGFUforYU

Great Highwaymen Cathay 1970 go fund me.

I need to do a group pre-order/go fund me on this movie, the Great Highwayman. We are having a professional group translate the movie. It is one of the last Cathay films. Not the greatest quality, but very rare, and one of the few starring roles of Kam Shan, who moved unto Golden Harvest and was in Big Boss, Fist of Fury and Two Wondrous Tigers, among others.

The commercials will be cut and we will do what we can, but this is the only print publicly available. We are going to try to do an upscale as well with what we have. So, we need $15 each. We will include electronic transfer and downloadable artwork. Shipping will be extra if you want a DVD9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oL_qog3UWI

I have enough now to get started. CHL my translator wants to be clear, the firm that he uses will send him the characters of the dialogue, then he will do his translation, so it is sort of a semi pro translation. If more people want to donate, we will get started on The Bloody Claw, or Iron Bones or Forbidden Killing, but it will all go to a good cause.

Just finished watching it with English subs. Lots of empty hand fights, and what is a little weird is that they are of a much better quality then From the Highway. Also, lots of Tiger Claw and Pincer Fist in some of the fights and the hook sword technique is really good. I feel bad that this is the only recording, but it completely watchable. 

I have a feeling that they were trying to catch up with the Bruce Lee/David Chiang/Ti Lung films that had a lot of empty hand fighting as well, as the main character never draws his sword, and neither does the main villain.

Chen Hung Lieh did an awesome job on this, so all thanks to him, I just sourced the film, so all hail Chen!

Edited by NoKUNGFUforYU