TheKungFuRobber

Asian Movie Customs from TheKungFuRobber Films for sale

I'm rolling out a catalogue of some of my projects, all digital copies, for trade on here. Anyone interested in taking up any offers, DM me and we can negotiate.

THE SHANGHAI KILLERS (1971) DVD - 2:35.1 Anamorphic Progressive Version, Dual Language English Dubbed or Mandarin. Includes open matte version as extra, Includes cover. - $12

SNAKE FIST FIGHTER (1979) DVD -2.35:1 PAL Remastered Anamorphic ENGLISH DUBBED AND MANDARIN WITH ENGLISH SUBS, 1971 RARESCOPE VERSION ON DISC 2, Includes Cover - $8

THE HOT, COOL AND THE VICIOUS (1976) DVD - Remastered 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Progressive Encode in Mandarin with English Subtitles, and English Dubbed, Includes Cover - $10

THE DUEL OF NINJA HALL (AKA Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger; 1981) DVD - Remastered 1.78:1 Anamorphic Version, English Dubbed only. 80 minute Hong Kong edit of original Korean movie, Includes Cover - $4

LITTLE KICKBOXER (1992) DVD - Extremely rare. Remastered 1.33:1 Open-matte version, English and German dubbed only. Filmark English Language edit. **No cover included** - $6

NINJA TERMINATOR (1985) DVD - 1.77:1 Anamorphic Progressive Version, Original English language, English subtitles. Includes trailer and DVD cover. - $6

PANTYHOSE HERO (1990) DVD - 1.66:1 Anamorphic NTSC Version, Cantonese language with hardcoded English and Chinese subtitles. ***No Cover included*** - $4

FIST OF FURT PART II (1977) MP4 DIGITAL COPY -  2.35:1 Progressive 1080P Upscale. Colour Corrected. English dubbed only. - $4 ***No Cover Included***

FIVE FINGERS OF STEEL (1980) MPEG2 DIGITAL COPY - 1.77:1 480P Progressive Version. Colour Corrected English dubbed only.  - $4 ***No Cover Included***

At the moment, unfortunately I don't have the space of facilities to burn physical copies of films and print out the covers at the moment, so for now I am offering digital copies. Hopefully this will change soon.

I've lost a fair few of my projects in my great hard disk failure a couple years back, namely Snake in the Eagle's Shadow II, Incredible Kung Fu Mission and the covers for Little Kickboxer, and never got them back from ADC. Here's hoping someone has them somewhere. 😕

The old subbed version is on there, but the new version with HD is better. I was thinking of subbing it, but too many projects already, getting overwhelmed...

this might sound mad but because there's no subs on the good version i'd sooner not have the mandarin on there as it's quite frustrating to have the audio but not the subs. I'm not criticising, i don't mind dubs but given the choice i usually go for original language.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:04 PM, odioustrident said:

I think I have Snake in Eagle's Shadow II and Incredible Kung Fu Mission customs somewhere. I can get them to you eventually.

Thanks. Would appreciate it. Can get you a couple movies as an exchange. I want to redo the covers for SITES 2 and Incredible Mission again as I'm not too happy with them.  I also want to redo the Mandarin dub for IKFM as a longer version has surfaced recently.

Edited by TheKungFuRobber

Really loved the remaster of Hot,Cool,Vicious but the subs were a problem in that they stayed on screen until another line of dialogue comes in- so for example during the end fight the last spoken dialogue subs stay on screen for around 4 minutes?

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Really loved the remaster of Hot,Cool,Vicious but the subs were a problem in that they stayed on screen until another line of dialogue comes in- so for example during the end fight the last spoken dialogue subs stay on screen for around 4 minutes?

That's odd. I never had that problem before with that DVD. Maybe I'll reauthor it. What did you use to play it?

Edited by TheKungFuRobber

I watched it on my Panasonic blu ray player.this happens throughout the movie,the last spoken dialogue stay on until more dialogue is spoken .

Checked the disc again on my Sony 4k player, the sub issue is still there, quite frustrating. i'll stick with the english dub. If you can sort the subs out this will be the definitive version of this classic.

Personally I like DVD 9s. Or just using an mp4 file. I know people want Blu-Ray so I'm going to invest in the technology but there seems to be a lot more stuff that comes up as compared to just offering a straight DVD. I realize some people like hard copies so it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Personally I like DVD 9s. Or just using an mp4 file. I know people want Blu-Ray so I'm going to invest in the technology but there seems to be a lot more stuff that comes up as compared to just offering a straight DVD. I realize some people like hard copies so it is what it is.

Hot The Cool & Vicious is a DVD-9. I use a program called convertxtohd to convert stuff to blu ray.

Edited by saltysam

I checked the disc off Hot,Cool & Vicious in my PC, playing the disc through MPC media player. The subs played on the PC are fine, they go off screen like they should. So this is clearly a standalone player issue, i've tested in my Panasonic blu ray player & Sony 4k UHD one and the issue is there on both. One of the weirdest issues i've ever come across. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

23 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I checked the disc off Hot,Cool & Vicious in my PC, playing the disc through MPC media player. The subs played on the PC are fine, they go off screen like they should. So this is clearly a standalone player issue, i've tested in my Panasonic blu ray player & Sony 4k UHD one and the issue is there on both. One of the weirdest issues i've ever come across. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

It's strange. My DVD player is just a basic Region Free Sony Upscaling player. It cost about $40 and seems to do a great job at upscaling movies, and has options to zoom in on non anamorphic movies. It is by far the best player I've owned. 

i imagine this issue will occur on any standalone player regardless of the quality. I've got another Sony 4k player and an oppo, i'll try it on those. But if there's the same issue on those two then it's clearly a standalone player issue.

35 minutes ago, saltysam said:

i imagine this issue will occur on any standalone player regardless of the quality. I've got another Sony 4k player and an oppo, i'll try it on those. But if there's the same issue on those two then it's clearly a standalone player issue.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on as I'd like to get this but not if there's a problem with the subs when played on a standalone blu ray player.

6 hours ago, saltysam said:

I have the exact same disc players as you (Sony UHD + Oppo) but unfortunately I ran out of blank discs. I'll burn a copy once I get some media and will post my results about the subtitle issue. I also have no issue with the subs playing on my PC.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:32 PM, fabhui said:

I'll be interested to hear how you get on as I'd like to get this but not if there's a problem with the subs when played on a standalone blu ray player.

An update, i finally got a chance to test this disc on my oppo and my other Sony 4k player. Unfortunately with the same results, the subs stay on screen once dialogue has occurred until there's more dialogue-so for example for the 4 minutes between dialogue during the end fight the subs stay on for the duration, incredibly annoying.

So to sum up- Dual Layer DVD tested on 4 players, 2 sony 4K UHD, 1 panasonic blu ray and 1 oppo blu ray- all with the same subtitle issue. Playing the disc on PC through mpc player- subs work as normal. So for fans wanting to watch in mandarin with subs then you need to be prepared to watch through a pc- of course if you are english dub all the way then there's no issue, it'll play great on your standalone. It's a real shame as this would have been the near definitive release of this classic. 😑

Still waiting on my 8.5gb dual layer to arrive but sounds like it's going to be moot for me to try since I have the exact same players as you.

11 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Shit. Going to redo Hot Cool and Vicious. Anyone who purchased a copy from me, PM me and I'll give a full refund for it. Very sorry

not after a refund, it's still the best version of the movie i've seen, i can live with the english dub. But would be happy, when you redo it to send me the replacement file. 😀