I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Untitled Saw Reboot/Sequel (2020) - Chris Rock, Samuel L. Jackson, Max Minghella, Marisol Nichols

First, Jordan Peele told us to Get Out. Then Danny McBride co-wrote the successful Halloween "re-quel", now Chris Rock is giving horror a shot as he is set to produce a spin-off of the Saw franchise with franchise helmer Darren Lynn Bousman directing.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/chris-rock-to-reboot-saw-franchise-with-lionsgate-twisted-pictures-1202616185/

Edited by AlbertV

Production has begun on the new Saw film, which is described as a minor reboot. Chris Rock is playing a detective investigating a series of grisly murders. Samuel L. Jackson is playing Rock's father in the film (no joke!). Max Minghella is playing Rock's partner while Marisol Nichols plays Rock's supervisor. Rock is serving not just the star, but as executive producer alongside franchise creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell, and is given the story credit for the film while the writers of the last installment, Jigsaw, wrote the script. The film is coming out on October 23, 2020.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/08/no-joke-samuel-l-jackson-to-play-chris-rocks-dad-in-saw-reboot/

I have an unwarranted faith in Chris Rock. I don't know why but I kind of respect his intelligence and hope he can bring something new to the table. With that said, this is Saw. It's not exactly a franchise known for its intricate plot details and smart character development.

9 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I have an unwarranted faith in Chris Rock. I don't know why but I kind of respect his intelligence and hope he can bring something new to the table. With that said, this is Saw. It's not exactly a franchise known for its intricate plot details and smart character development.

Maybe he'll be subjected to punishment like Cary Elwes' character in the original. That would make a hell of a change in Rock's forte.

I wish Tobin Bell does not join the cast. He was important character in Saws and would like to see him in future again at Saw but too many flashbacks/tapes with him really after he kicked the bucket. Time to give him at least a break from concept.

Too bad Saw-final chapter had quite unfinished ending and jigsaw could too benefit from direct sequel, skeptical  if "new" storyline is again introduced. If yes hopefully they put all junk into box then and no unfinished things  when end credits start to roll.