I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

NoKUNGFUforYU

What next for custom blu ray? Suggestions please

Once Crystal Hunt is done, I'm gonna finish Hitman in the Hand of Buddha and also going to work on the Robert Ginty action flick Vietnam, Texas which is not a Hong Kong film at all. It is going to be the first restored release ever of the film. I also intend on restoring The Dragon, The Hero, which will be a massive project like Hit-man in the Hand of Buddha (whole movie will be reconstructed in it's entirety). 

Any chance you could do a HD re-master for the entire G-MEN 75 series for us @NoKUNGFUforYU. There's only about 10hrs worth of epsiodes to work on, so only a small job, lol.

This is the best I've seen the series look, but I'm not sure if its an Official or fan-made Custom job?.

12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Any chance you could do a HD re-master for the entire G-MEN 75 series for us @NoKUNGFUforYU. There's only about 10hrs worth of epsiodes to work on, so only a small job, lol.

This is the best I've seen the series look, but I'm not sure if its an Official or fan-made Custom job?.

I was literally gonna ask if someone had this on dvd or blu ray lol. I saw Bolo jr shared this and the quality is amazing. Id love to see the episode with Ko Fei too.

1 minute ago, Ah_Tao said:

I was literally gonna ask if someone had this on dvd or blu ray lol. I saw Bolo jr shared this and the quality is amazing. Id love to see the episode with Ko Fei too.

Yeah its been posted by a Japanese fan, who's put a few clips online. Last week I got the MillCreek bootleg set in the post, and the quality a lot better than I expected. Just not quite upto the standard of PQ shown in that clip.

17 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

The DVD is $250 USD which has 5 discs. Too rich for my blood, and I don't have Japanese translation contacts at this point.

I could have bought every copy of the MillCreek release for that price. Im a fan, but I'd a want a copy signed by the cast for that price. Whle the PQ is supeior, its not enough of an improvement to warrant that kind of price.

To be honest I’m would be super interested in an HD version of some Netflix originals like “the night comes for us.” I’m able to get it on DVD but not HD quality. 

Edited by KCN9NE

On 5/20/2019 at 1:03 PM, DragonClaws said:

Yeah its been posted by a Japanese fan, who's put a few clips online. Last week I got the MillCreek bootleg set in the post, and the quality a lot better than I expected. Just not quite upto the standard of PQ shown in that clip.

Thanks to @DragonClaws suggestion, I also purchased this Mill Creek set and the picture quality is quite good. I was also expecting a pixelated mess with a lot of compression artifacts considering there is 8 or 9 eps crammed into one disc but was pleasantly surprised how watchable & decent it is and the subs are good quality too. The picture quality to me is the same as the German dvd of Fight Dragon! that was put out by SchröderMedia for their Asia Line release (Die Todesfaust der Killerkralle). That disc costs as much as this entire set and it only was a heavily edited compilation of the first 3 or 4 eps. So this set is a bargain in comparison. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing this set, I would say go for it.

I'd like to see a reconstruction of the original cinema release of Game of Death. I have a VHS rip if anybody wants to use it as a reference.

How about The Loot AKA The Bloody Tattoo or a competent playing Rivals of Silver Fox in HD. Just a couple Id really like to have lol. 

I think someone is working on the Loot, right? I will see if HD has come out of the others.

So many versions of Game of Death out there, it's crazy. I imagine you can find a blu ray of the CInema version, but someone tell me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I imagine you can find a blu ray of the CInema version

I'm referring to the first release of the film that contains the Ji Han Jae fight in the middle. It's only available on VHS but a HD version can be reconstructed with just a few snippets to add from my tape. I know it's the original version since I have some reviews from 1978. The scene with Casanova Wong is also slightly shorter in the original cut and the transition works better.

Edited by BillyLo

I saw Game Of Death at the Scala cinema, Liverpool in 1978 (i was 14) and the Ji Han Jae fight was at the climax of the movie.

2 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I think someone is working on the Loot, right? I will see if HD has come out of the others.

So many versions of Game of Death out there, it's crazy. I imagine you can find a blu ray of the CInema version, but someone tell me if I am wrong.

Is @TheKungFuRobber working on The Loot?

I saw Game of Death when it came out in the USA, all Bruce fights were at the end, period. Are you thinking of Tower of Death? And I saw it like 3 or 4 times in the theater.

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Is it physical blu rays that you want to do ?

There are a lot of old wuxia movies that I would be interested in !!

Working on Black Panther and then Great Highwaymen. I will need donations for Great Highwaymen, we will have to send it to a 3rd party and have it translated, no subs for my friend to translate, etc. Going to cost us about $100+ USD.

No, the Hong Kong theatrical release is different from the international version. When it was first screened in Hong Kong, the Ji Han Jae fight was definitely in the middle of the film. 

Is7KqfT.jpg

It also contains the alternative happy ending with Billy Lo leaving on the boat. This is the original Hong Kong version, not the so-called "Hong Kong version" available from Shout Factory, which is actually the Singapore version. The Singapore print replaced the original Hong Kong version in the 90s and unfortunately this has disappeared. I have a Hong Kong VHS, which contains the exact version that was first shown on the cinemas. A HD version can be reconstructed with a few snippets of SD footage. I'd be really happy to help out if anybody is interested.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, Yihetuan said:

Is @TheKungFuRobber working on The Loot?

I am working on Hitman in the Hand of Buddha and some Cathay Movies right now, but it may be in the pipeline.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:32 PM, BillyLo said:

No, the Hong Kong theatrical release is different from the international version. When it was first screened in Hong Kong, the Ji Han Jae fight was definitely in the middle of the film. 

Is7KqfT.jpg

It also contains the alternative happy ending with Billy Lo leaving on the boat. This is the original Hong Kong version, not the so-called "Hong Kong version" available from Shout Factory, which is actually the Singapore version. The Singapore print replaced the original Hong Kong version in the 90s and unfortunately this has disappeared. I have a Hong Kong VHS, which contains the exact version that was first shown on the cinemas. A HD version can be reconstructed with a few snippets of SD footage. I'd be really happy to help out if anybody is interested.

Yeah but what use is the original Hong Kong version? I think almost all prints of the Hong Kong version after the premiere cut were re-edited and removed that scene from the middle of the film because it was silly. Japanese theatrical cut is much better, and seems to have much better colours than the horrible Fortune Star prints anyway. Game of Death was actually made on quite a large budget for a Hong Kong film, and the Robert Clouse filmed scenes were notably of better quality than the other stuff edited in from outtakes of other Bruce Lee movies. It was also one of the first Hong Kong films to use sync sound for the most part, with dialogue being spoken in English and non-English speaking cast redubbed accordingly. In any case, this is close to the original idea that Bruce Lee had for Game of Death to be filmed in English. Game of Death II on the other hand, was filmed in Cantonese and did much better in the Oriental markets than Game of Death 1. To be honest, Game of Death II is a much better film anyway, it plays out as a Hong Kong action movie rather than a cringe fest of Dean Jagger's poor acting skills and Bruce Lee's actual corpse being shown on screen.