I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
shaolin swords

Golden Swords Music Thread

I can hear a heavy early Wu (or Killarmy, specifically) influence in your rhyme style, but personally? I don't care for the off-beat flow. It sounds too rushed. Like your trying to get your words out too quickly. I had the same problem when I used to rap.
Lyrically, again, reminiscent of the Wu Tang of yesteryear. Not too shabby. And the production is pretty nice, despite the intro being a smidgen too long.

@Drunken Monk thanks for the feedback I get that all the time about the wu and killarmy but that's how I write and how I rhyme but I do think my rhymes are unique in there own right because as like killarmy and the wu they had a street and crime element my style does not its conscious but also lyrically rugged with out talking about drugs and guns murder etc.......and as far as me rhyming to fast I been rhyming like that since day one but to me like for real most of the peoples that are conscious in hip hop now and days get compared to the wu I know a whole bunch of cats that always get that also and that are really dope so its all about how your going to take them comments to me al just keep on doing what am doing peace bro

Edited by shaolin swords

Ive listened to a bit of your stuff too. I find your delivery very similar to Ghostfacekillah's. Getting out all the syllables on beat does seem tricky, especially rapping in triplets or faster in general. I noticed the cadence does feel a bit off beat as Drunken Monk suggested. I thought the intro was great btw, the movie and vocal sample. I like listening to your stuff once a blue moon.

Pretty cool stuff @shaolin swords. I like that your lyrics are about stuff from Chinese culture and/or Asian cinema rather than the usual gangsta elements (drugs, guns and biatches) that seem so overly used in rap music and really make me cringe.

@Drunken Monk mentionned similarities to Wu-Tang Clan's stuff, perhaps I really should consider giving them a try someday.

10 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

@Drunken Monk mentionned similarities to Wu-Tang Clan's stuff, perhaps I really should consider giving them a try someday.

Everyone should give Wu Tang a go. You'll hear your fair share of "bitches and guns" talk but a lot of their lyrics are more metaphorical and are I say deep? I recommend GZA's Liquid Swords album if you want some lyrics to think about.

@Secret Executioner thanks for the listen and checking out if you listen closely to my lyrics you will hear me talk about how they sold the culture out and how hip hop is being destroyed by commercial gangsters and that water down pop club shit but in all reality if some one was really living that life doing crimes and selling drugs and all that they know where that life leads to a jail cell or a graveyard and should speak about that instead of glorifying drugs guns and murder because that destroyes that why I keep the thug element out of my music

check out my new ep if you did not already its more about life the government and my views on life I think you will like it https://shaolindisciple.bandcamp.com/album/all-men-are-brothers-ep

35 minutes ago, shaolin swords said:

how hip hop is being destroyed by commercial gangsters and that water down pop club shit but in all reality if some one was really living that life doing crimes and selling drugs and all that they know where that life leads to a jail cell or a graveyard and should speak about that instead of glorifying drugs guns and murder because that destroyes

I'm surprised people are still praising that life style instead of reflecting on its nefarious consequences - do they think people such as 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. are inspirational martyrs ? IIRC, they had gang ties and paid the ultimate price for it.

@Koravec well I signed up on distrokid you upload your music and art work on there and they do the rest they put it on about every digital store so it should be on there you just got to look the golden swords-all men are brothers ep plus I got a track with bronze Nazareth on there also you can check out peace