I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Graysman

THE MYSTERY OF CHESSBOXING 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION BLU RAY

DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF THE MYSTERY OF CHESSBOXING 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION BLU RAY FOR SALE PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE AND ARE WILLING TO SELL THANKS

CHESSBOXINGBLURAY.jpg

1 hour ago, Ah_Tao said:

Is this supposed to be a late April Fool's joke?

Guessing this is a fan edition?, or have I just woke up in an alternative universe. Where The Mystery of Chess Boxing is out on Blu-Ray?.

This is my favorite:

Special Effects have been added for every Critical Strike inflicted on the characters in the movie in the form of sparks and shockwaves (and one case of a lightning strike)

Industrial Light & Magic, is George Lucas moving into the world of Kung Fu movie custom project's?. Maybe thats the real reason he sold Star Wars off to Disney?.

Edited by DragonClaws

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Industrial Light & Magic, is George Lucas moving into the world of Kung Fu movie custom project's?. Maybe thats the real reason he sold Star Wars off to Disney?.

Well I don't care how Lucas re-edited it. I still say Ah Pao punched first.

Yeah I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw "AWESOME EPIC SAM SEED!" with a giant face of Yuen Siu Tien

Me too ... until I found that website. Someone put lots of effort into creating these chessboxing fandom websites, I guess only true aficionados do that. I had a good laugh reading the specifications. Thanks @Graysman for that :) Let's hope there will really be a good bluray edition one fine day. 

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang

On 4/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, Graysman said:

Does anyone have a good Chinese custom of this? Widescreen preferably 

I struggled to find a decent version with Chinese audio, avistaz has a copy with a decent quality but not a full dvd, it's encoded, unfortunately in divx. FLK and FarEastFlix sells custom DVD as far as I know, but I don't want to deal with those guys, but if you're really interested you can try with them.

22 hours ago, Rodolphe Dux said:

I struggled to find a decent version with Chinese audio, avistaz has a copy with a decent quality but not a full dvd, it's encoded, unfortunately in divx. FLK and FarEastFlix sells custom DVD as far as I know, but I don't want to deal with those guys, but if you're really interested you can try with them.

Thanks Rodolphe.unfortunately I can't access avistaz as their not taking registrations is there any chance you can get it and upload it to me my friend either PM me it or upload it here and as you say I wouldn't want to use FLK and FareastFlix thanks in advance 

Haha, almost got me there again.

When I saw the advertisement for this 20th anniversary bluray copy, I knew something was little fishy. Maybe it was Simon Yuen's smiling face on the cover. LOL

Anyway, I find it strange that HK video label Universe released several Joseph Kuo films on DVD in the past but have yet to release a few others such as Mystery of Chessboxing and Born Invincible

Dang, too good to be true.  Li I-Min, Jack Long Sai Ga and Mark Long Kwan Yu are great in this film, much like how they were in "Seven Grandmasters."