Sign in to follow this  
rdenn

Meeting the old school stars in Hong Kong

Meeting Tsiu Siu Ming , Mung Hoi, Yukio Someno, kicker Jason Ng, Bruce Le, Chiang To, Bruce Fontaine, Kirk Wong, & director Lee Chiu of Two on the Road and Ways of Kung Fu at the Hong Kong Filmart event with Toby Russell, having dinner with Joseph Lai and Joseph Kuo, and meeting Cliff Lok at his kung fu school. Amazing trip.

image.png

null

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@rdenn these photos are fantastic! So happy that you got to have such a cool experience.

But we want to hear details, stories, etc. What's this all about? How'd it happen? Who said what? Give us the deets please, brother.

46 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@rdenn these photos are fantastic! So happy that you got to have such a cool experience.

But we want to hear details, stories, etc. What's this all about? How'd it happen? Who said what? Give us the deets please, brother.

hong kong filmart is an event which happens every year in hk since 1997 i think, where companies &  distributors meet every year to do business, and actors appear at the event as well  toby russell was there with this IFD  stall so i went with him  all the cast from ipman was there we even saw louis koo walk past our stall but he had security , but the old school stars  who might come just walk about casually.

Tsiu siu ming had his own stall there so  i just come up to him started talking and took some pictures,  bruce le and chiang to where in the coffee shop at the event and we just went up to him  and said we were fans chaing to loved it and asked his family and freinds to take pics it was great  everyone else we met just happen to go to the stall or just walk past just a case of being lucky, we met cliff lok at his kung fu school and that was great cliff is such a nice man and was telling his about this internal kung fu six direction boxing which is from the military he even did some forms and did some moves on my mate  heavy stuff, joseph lai was really cool and we were invited to dinner with him and joseph kuo, also met mike abbott and he told us some great stories about making ifd movies  , cant believe i met alll those people from the genre in 1 week

How lucky you are !!

And how lucky we (or maybe it's just me ?) are to finally see who is behind " rdenn " !!

Very nice pictures, thank you very much for sharing.

Just a little question : I'm not very familiar with all the stars you show, so, could you name them in your pictures if you have a little while, please ?

On 3/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, rdenn said:

Chiang To

Fantastic picture's and story @rdenn.

Chiang To looks really well, looks ike he's just stpped off the set of one of his 80's movies.

Edited by DragonClaws

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Did many of them speak good English?

tsiu siu ming  chaing to and joseph lai  spoke reallly good english bruce le didnt really speak at all , everyone else spoke little bits of english.

15 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Fnataistic picture/s and story @rdenn.

Chiang To looks really well, looks ike he's just stpped off the set of one of his 80's movies.

just looked the same really he loved the fact he had fans out there, we actually missed a few people at the filmart event, tung wai  and chan wai man were there but we did not  see them, bruce fontaine got a pic with chan wai man there,

Edited by rdenn

3 minutes ago, rdenn said:

just looked the same really he loved the fact he had fans out there, we actually missed a few people at the filmart event, tung wai  and chan wai man were there but we did not  see them, bruce fontaine got a pic with chan wai man there,

You can see he looks genuinly pleased, in the picture of you two together.

With such a big convention and so much going off, guess you cant meet everyone in a singleday/weekend.

filmed this at cliff loks kung fu school in hong kong, (youtube shut my old channel down so i am back up as rdenn4)

Edited by rdenn

Really great, great stories! Happy for you, lucky man! I only saw Jackie Chan,  Sammo and Mina Godenzi, so I can imagine how excited you were seeing all the greats

(And, as someone mentioned above, it was great to see who rdeen is :)

Loved your old youtube channels, man, I remember how pissed off I was when they were shut down. I think I even got a few movies from your collection through a mutual friend)

Again, thanks for sharing this!

On 4/6/2019 at 6:18 PM, rdenn said:

filmed this at cliff loks kung fu school in hong kong, (youtube shut my old channel down so i am back up as rdenn4)

Great video @rdenn, thanks for sharing it here.