I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

Re-Birth of The Dragon: Post Millennium Bruceploitation Actor's

On 6/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, DragonClaws said:

Can anyone I-D the actor, who appear's  as Chen Zhen in this latest 2019 version of Fist of Fury(1972)?. This looks closer to Jet Li's  Fist of Legend, than the origianl film. Maybe its the attire of the hero?. Not thats a major problem. Thanks to CityonFire.Com, for hte heads up on this one.

To answer my own question, the actors is  Li Hao.

20190610_063712-1024x682.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

You forgotten Dragon Chen (real name is Chen Tien-Xing) 

He made some films. 

The first one, "Jeet Kune Do" (2010), is a really good Bruceploitation film. Chen plays the son of a kung fu master (Bruce Leong, The Dragon lives again). His father tried to teach him, since he was a child, the family style, called Chen Fist Style. But Chen is obsessed with Bruce Lee and Jeet Kune Do. He even imitates Lee. Chen travels to an city because he wants to participate on an upcoming "Jeet Kune Do" Tournament. Because of that, he gets in an argue with his father before and his father gets sick. In the city he meets people, who made him think about, if he always want to be shadow of Bruce Lee. He even meet an old student of Lee, who show him, the true meaning of Jeet Kune Do. The Tournament itself is Bruceploitation. One of Chen's opponents is a rich guy, who also immitates Bruce Lee. The other opponents are immitate Dan Inosanto, Ji Han Jae and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. It's crazy, but great entertainment. 

The next film he made, "Nunchucks", seems to be lost or was never released. There is only a trailer available on YouTube. 

Then he made the film "Kung Fu Fighter" which had little Bruce Lee in it. Chen plays a guy, who first is poor, than becomes a famous superstar, gets aroogant and forgets his longtime girlfriend. Later he looses everything and starts to understand, that fame isn't everything. During the hole film Bruce Lee is mentioned. "I want to be as famous as Bruce Lee" "You're the next Bruce Lee" and Chen has Bruce Lee posters at the wall of his apartment. 

In his fourth film "Ultimate Hero", Chen finally throws "the Bruce Lee thing" away and made a film in his own right. 

4 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

You forgotten Dragon Chen (real name is Chen Tien-Xing) 

Thanks for pointing this out to me @DT-Nice1988, I will now add him to the list in my first post.

4 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

The next film he made, "Nunchucks", seems to be lost or was never released. There is only a trailer available on YouTube.  

Wasn't there a really poor quality bootleg of this going around?, where the image was heavily pixalated?.

Edited by DragonClaws

I wonder if they got the Estate's consent to use BL image in this movie?. Just don't see it getting the same kind of attention, a certain Hollywood movie has done recently.

47 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I wonder if they got the Estate's consent to use BL image in this movie?. Just don't see it getting the same kind of attention, a certain Hollywood movie has done recently.

Probably not enough press attention, for it to be worth playing a victim narrative against.

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon

1 hour ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Probably not enough press attention, for it to be worth playing a victim narrative against.

I agree, his image is still heavily featured in low budget Asian cinema. Did the BL Estate ever comment on how he was portrayed in the Ip Man movies?.

A still from some un-made Godfrey Ho/Dr Z Game of Death/Ninja cross-over?, on a more serious note can anyone I-D the actor and movie?.

fakebrucelee1_f.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws