I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

NoKUNGFUforYU

Asian DVD Club is no more...

On 7/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, panku said:

Asiancinema.me runs a Google script on the main sign-in page, so Google will know when you use the site. I would not recommend it, it is not the same as ADC or CG.

Can you explain this a bit more please? Anything a user can do to combat this and do VPNs make any difference?

On 7/17/2019 at 2:08 PM, AlexanderFu said:

The effin idiots booted me already - because I didn't download anything...it's BARELY a month.

I go to the iirc. and of course you have to get the smartass -'nothing can be done, friendly advice, read the rules...' usual bullshit.

They can fuck off....I just wanted to find friends from ADC anyway, didn't see anyone there, nor even a thread about the place.

There always has to be a fe D bags somewhere in the mix, where ever you go.

Nothing they have that I need anyway, hell they're missing many Dubs, and independent wuxia....ADC killed that place when it was up and running.

I am kind of curious what your intentions are. Constructive criticism asking for improvement, or not wanting to visit anymore is perfectly fine. Spreading false information is not. We have looked into your claims and there is no record of any conversation on the ADC or ACM IRC, even the ACM discord. 

Nearly all private trackers have a pruning system for new accounts that go unused to prevent lurking, trading, selling or general abuse. Yours was not among any pruned accounts. Your account was never disabled and is still active with 23 downloads. Regarding "ADC friends", there is a mega thread titled "AsianDVDClub (ADC)" on the ACM forums with ADC refugees participating in discussions.

EDIT: I was incorrect, AlexanderFu's post was regarding Avistaz not ACM.

Edited by Caisab

On 7/18/2019 at 12:01 PM, Gaijin84 said:

Can you explain this a bit more please? Anything a user can do to combat this and do VPNs make any difference?

The google script is for CAPCHA to prevent abuse, It doesn't collect any data. The CAPCHA is not triggered until multiple failed login attempts have been made.

4 hours ago, Caisab said:

I am kind of curious what your intentions are. Constructive criticism asking for improvement, or not wanting to visit anymore is perfectly fine. Spreading false information is not. We have looked into your claims and there is no record of any conversation on the ADC or ACM IRC, even the ACM discord. 

Nearly all private trackers have a pruning system for new accounts that go unused to prevent lurking, trading, selling or general abuse. Yours was not among any pruned accounts. Your account was never disabled and is still active with 23 downloads. Regarding "ADC friends", there is a mega thread titled "AsianDVDClub (ADC)" on the ACM forums with ADC refugees participating in discussions.

That post was about avistaz just to be clear.

I edited the post to be clearer in my animus.

Edited by AlexanderFu

31 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

That post was about avistaz just to be clear.

I edited the post to be clearer in my animus.

My apologies, I thought you were talking about your experiences with ACM.

35 minutes ago, Caisab said:

My apologies, I thought you were talking about your experiences with ACM.

My fault, I quoted the post I was replying to but I didn't get the post previous in the conversation.

Everything is great over there. Did you get rid of the categories for country?

I liked being able to look at Taiwan, Hongkong, China....etc separately. It helped me to look at what is new for each country.

It will take a lot of getting used to the board type and layout, and I really hope the 60's '70's '80's Wuxia starts showing up.

I'll do my part. Does anyone know what kind of board ADC was, like vbulletin, or whatever it was? 

I'd appreciate knowing.

Thank you again, caisab, I think ACM is a place of great promise. Congratulations.

Edited by AlexanderFu

24 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

My fault, I quoted the post I was replying to but I didn't get the post previous in the conversation.

Everything is great over there. Did you get rid of the categories for country?

I liked being able to look at Taiwan, Hongkong, China....etc separately. It helped me to look at what is new for each country.

It will take a lot of getting used to the board type and layout, and I really hope the 60's '70's '80's Wuxia starts showing up.

I'll do my part. Does anyone know what kind of board ADC was, like vbulletin, or whatever it was? 

I'd appreciate knowing.

Thank you again, caisab, I think ACM is a place of great promise. Congratulations.

We had a custom fork that included language and country categories, but had to remove it due to issues it was causing with other parts of the site. Our goal is to bring it back eventually as the site is constantly in development.

I used to have over a 100 Wuxia/ OG KF flicks on burnt dvd's mostly acquired from ADC, but lost them during a move. My balls ache knowing that some of that stuff is unrecoverable. We tried reaching some of the archivist of ADC that literally downloaded the entire site, but most have moved on or are too tired to repost everything. Hopefully over time some material will find its way back.

Edited by Caisab

1 minute ago, Caisab said:

We had a custom fork that included language and country categories, but had to remove it due to issues it was causing with other parts of the site. Our goal is to bring it back eventually as the site is constantly in development.

I used to have over a 100 Wuxia/ OG KF flicks on burnt dvd's mostly acquired from ADC, but lost them during a move. My balls ache knowing that some of that stuff is unrecoverable. We tried reaching some of the archivist of ADC that literally downloaded the entire site, but most have moved on or are too tired to repost everything. 

I'm trying to put 1 up right now. If it works out, I'll try to share the old rare stuff I have, hopefully people will remember who uploaded it at ADC so they can get the credit. I'll try to finish this 1st one now.

9 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

I'm trying to put 1 up right now. If it works out, I'll try to share the old rare stuff I have, hopefully people will remember who uploaded it at ADC so they can get the credit. I'll try to finish this 1st one now.

Looking forward to it. TY

Edited by Caisab

15 minutes ago, Caisab said:

Looking forward to it. TY

Thanks. I'm currently trying to figure out how to edit and put the info in I missed, name/year, etc....

Working on it now.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, Caisab said:

As for oldschool content. When ADC went down, a treasure trove of oldschool wuxia/kungfu releases were lost forever. We would appreciate anyone that managed to hold onto some of that content and uploading it to ACM. 

I have a buddy with 9TB of stuff from ADC, I'll check with him and see if he's willing to share. 😉

4 hours ago, SMK said:

I have a buddy with 9TB of stuff from ADC, I'll check with him and see if he's willing to share. 😉

TalkativeMarvelousIsabellineshrike-max-1

Edited by Caisab

Can i get one invite for this asian tracker!

I am member from ADC siljo!

I have all HKL DVD collection and 5 TB ADC MOVIES on my COMP?

Please guy's someone send me that invite for asiancinema!

On 10/5/2019 at 4:22 PM, pendrekman said:

New Asian tracker is open  

www.asiancinema.me

something like Asian DvD Club

Link doesn't work for me.

"Error 526

Invalid SSL certificate"

On 10/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, Markgway said:

Link doesn't work for me.

"Error 526

Invalid SSL certificate"

OK. Now I can reach the site. But when I try to register is says 'invalid invite key' or something? Anyone?