I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

NoKUNGFUforYU

Asian DVD Club is no more...

similar site ? not really… in term of 70s kung fu of course.

most other asian related site are for the recent stuff such as anime and other crap.

31 minutes ago, kevenzz said:

similar site ? not really… in term of 70s kung fu of course.

most other asian related site are for the recent stuff such as anime and other crap.

Not much use to me then.  Most other sites I've come across are invite only so I've got no chance of getting on them as they seem tighter than a ducks arse.

Now we are in June and still no update, still the same page (info) that was put up months ago? Does anybody have better news?

Bless

You won't find customs on Avitaz. Just mainstream releases, etc. You wouldn't find, say, Tough Duel or A Gathering of Heroes, but you can find 10 versions of Meals on Wheels, etc. But Avistaz is good for Japanese remasters. I always check in, that is where I found Maki and the Bodyguard for my customs.

4 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

You won't find customs on Avitaz. Just mainstream releases, etc. You wouldn't find, say, Tough Duel or A Gathering of Heroes, but you can find 10 versions of Meals on Wheels, etc. But Avistaz is good for Japanese remasters. I always check in, that is where I found Maki and the Bodyguard for my customs.

Not just mainstream to be fair, but only official releases, which includes many movies already, perhaps not in the best version but one can find many old school titles. They don’t allow bootleg in the rules, and I get their arguments regarding that rule.

Edited by Rodolphe Dux

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

There are none of the crazy good Wuxia from Taiwan, - all the Ku Lung stuff. ADC was great for that, everything was there, all the fantastic Jamal projects and every one else's great work. That's what I miss the most. I grabbed most of them, but I loved going back to check for more

and having all the info at your fingertips. I use Hong Kong Cinema now to at least have a checklist.

I still hold out hope until the end.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:15 AM, Rodolphe Dux said:

Avistaz registration is open this week for whom seeking refuge after ADC shutdown.

I'm so glad I saw this, anything to fill the void! Thank you!

AsianCinema.me is the spot now, but it appears to be very anime and new release heavy at this point. It just started though, so hopefully more old school customs get uploaded over time.

Official statement from the ADC staff on their IRC channel:

ADC is officially dead. We would like to thank everyone who helped make ADC the great community it was. Please use this channel to discuss alternative options. Best wishes -ADC staff

Had a feeling that was the case. Anyway, RIP ADC... My time there won't be forgotten. 

I was wondering if someone could send me an invite to asiancinema.me. I have some rare films I would like to upload on that site

it sucks that asiandvdclub is officially dead.

avistaz and asiancinema are mainly for the recent stuff… even cinemageddon has more old school kung fu than those sites but the problem with kung fu releases on CG is nobody is seeding them.

3 hours ago, kevenzz said:

it sucks that asiandvdclub is officially dead.

avistaz and asiancinema are mainly for the recent stuff… even cinemageddon has more old school kung fu than those sites but the problem with kung fu releases on CG is nobody is seeding them.

I've spent a bit more time on the irc chat and the statement was from one of the moderators, not from the owner. No one has heard from the owner since April 1. So "official" means one of the moderators deemed it official, so I believe there is still hope.

Meanwhile there are some people working on a new version of the site ADC 3.0.

For now I think for Martial Arts films the best place is CG. Asiancinema.me runs a Google script on the main sign-in page, so Google will know when you use the site. I would not recommend it, it is not the same as ADC or CG.

CG torrents are dead because most martial arts fans got them from ADC. It was a better site all around. Now if there is no ADC and everyone goes to CG it should liven up.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:56 PM, bigrogie said:

Latest news I found:

<animay> Official Update: KAKERU made his offer and SysOp did not reply. I believe SysOp has closed down ADC. Do not be too harsh with his actions. I personally believe he gave us two extra years to torrent together before shutting ADC down. Thanks to Senior Moderator Mastameta for running the Invite Program and for fixing some security problems as best he could. Thanks to miamaria for getting <animay> the TotW back up and running weekly. Thanks also to the other Torrent Moderators who, like myself, tried to make sure the uploads conformed to current ADC standards and policies. And finally, thanks to all our members who were with us over the years. I am calling this update official in that I believe SysOp has shut down ADC and he may very well not make an official announcement himself.

I don't understand this behaviour, I know people lose interest in stuff, real life gets in the way & they don't have the time anymore etc. Seen it happen on a few sites, why can't they pass the site on to someone who is willing to pick things up? Just very selfish & sad . 

This was just posted 10 minutes ago by the board owner of asiancinema.me:

Hi all, I will be opening AsianCinema.me for registration in 1-2 hours and it will stay open for 1 day to allow those who haven't joined us yet to register without having to fill out the application. Pass the word around so everyone who was a member of ADC doesn't miss this news. This will probably be the last open-registration we will have for a while.

1 hour ago, panku said:

This was just posted 10 minutes ago by the board owner of asiancinema.me:

Hi all, I will be opening AsianCinema.me for registration in 1-2 hours and it will stay open for 1 day to allow those who haven't joined us yet to register without having to fill out the application. Pass the word around so everyone who was a member of ADC doesn't miss this news. This will probably be the last open-registration we will have for a while.

Thanks for the heads up. :bs_thumbsup:

On 7/8/2019 at 2:34 AM, De Ming Li said:

Asiancinema.me is certainly no ADC, it's (so far) just a bit too Japanese centric for me

It's heavy Japanese/Korean centric for new movie/tv releases ATM due to the internal team proximity to those countries. They are recruiting for sources in China/HK/Taiwan/JP currently.  Many of the site users are heavily into anime for some reason, but we hope to balance the user base out with live action fans eventually.

As for oldschool content. When ADC went down, a treasure trove of oldschool wuxia/kungfu releases were lost forever. We would appreciate anyone that managed to hold onto some of that content and uploading it to ACM. 

Contact the mods on the ACM Discord or IRC if you are an ADC refugee, wish to join, or upload content/customs.

https://discord.gg/3SmB5K8

Channel: #AsianCinema
Key: NONE
Network: irc.rizon.net

Edited by Caisab

It's definitely Korean and Anime heavy right now, hopefully it can broaden out a bit as more people upload. I've always maintained that ADC wasn't really about downloading new releases as soon as possible and screwing over companies that were putting out good product. It was more of an Asian film archive... almost every release (especially kung fu) from the past could be found on there as well as the custom projects. That was the beauty of it... it was a super-niche site whose users were dedicated to the genre, not a general release torrent site. 

I also am of the belief that its not dead, the moderators just can't get a hold of the owner and finally gave up.