I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

legendarycurry

Way of the Dragon coming to Swedish cinemas

The only film Bruce Lee ever directed is coming to Swedish cinemas on April second. Martial arts classics on the big screen is unusual in Sweden so this is exciting news. If you live in Sweden go out and see it to show Sweden's largest (and only) cinema chain you want more of this stuff.

That's great news, brother!

I often hear from friends around the world that they are envious when I post about seeing stuff, and they are bummed that this doesn't happen in their countries. There's a lot of the USA that has the same problem though. Seems like most special screenings take place on either the East or West coasts. I'm lucky to be close to both New York City and Philadelphia where a good amount of cool Asian Cinema classics get shown.

Well, please let us know how the turn-out is for the show, and I hope you really enjoy seeing it in the theater. 😀

@KUNG FU BOB Does that area ever get showings of new films being released in China? Eish there was more of an outlet for that over here in America, its getting a little better, but we still barely get any new Jackie Chan releases for instance. I would have loved to see The Knight of Shadows Between Yin and Yang on the big screen for instance.

15 hours ago, Koravec said:

@KUNG FU BOB Does that area ever get showings of new films being released in China? Eish there was more of an outlet for that over here in America, its getting a little better, but we still barely get any new Jackie Chan releases for instance. I would have loved to see The Knight of Shadows Between Yin and Yang on the big screen for instance.

Not so much in Philly (that I'm aware of), but some newer films do get shown in NYC. I rarely go there for premiere's (or anything) though. Depending on traffic, it's anywhere from an hour and a half to a three hour drive. Plus there are a lot of costly tolls and then paying for parking. Between all that and gas it can wind up costing nearly $100 bucks just to go there to see a movie! So typically, I only go for very special events (like meeting Jimmy Wang Yu) or if I'm going to the New York Asian Film Festival and spending the whole day there seeing multiple films.

Thanks to Well Go USA a decent amount of Asian cinema gets limited theatrical screenings, sometimes in my area. But between having a very busy and knowing that I'm going to be purchasing those titles just a few weeks later on Blu-ray, I don't go that frequently. It's really bumming me out though that FURIE is playing today at a theater about 30 minutes away, but I have too much work to do to go. TRIPLE THREAT is playing on March 19th for (from what I understand) one night only, but they haven't announced the theaters that will be screening it yet. I hope something here in PA that I can get to.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:38 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's great news, brother!

I often hear from friends around the world that they are envious when I post about seeing stuff, and they are bummed that this doesn't happen in their countries. There's a lot of the USA that has the same problem though. Seems like most special screenings take place on either the East or West coasts. I'm lucky to be close to both New York City and Philadelphia where a good amount of cool Asian Cinema classics get shown.

Well, please let us know how the turn-out is for the show, and I hope you really enjoy seeing it in the theater. 😀

I'll definitely post an update when I go see it! :)