Sign in to follow this  
Koravec

Bruce Lee-esque fashion elsewhere

Its pretty obvious that Bruce Lee is an icon. A common bridge between the serious martial flick fan and common citizen. Among his most iconic attributes on screen was his yellow tracksuit worn in Game of Death. 

Ill be focusing on similarities and derivatives to his iconic yellow jumpsuit worn in G.O.D. by others outside of film.

Atlanta based rapper, Kyng, in a yellow tracksuit.

One half of rap duo, Rae Sremmurd, wears yellow tracksuit onstage. Was shocked reading all the youtube comments for this video of people calling it the "Kill Bill" outfit, dont kids know Bruce Lee these days?!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You'll find some similar related posts in this thread @Koravec, in regards to the G.O.D suit inspired fashion's. Along with some random BL fashion links.

Bear in mind, some of the links for older post's, may no longer work.

01c4782028557969140f7f18184f87d5.jpg

dynasty_summer_2018_ariela-11_e_1024x.jp

dynasty_summer_2018_ariela-10_e_c5b707fd

Edited by DragonClaws

@DragonClaws Yeah, Ive definitely seen some good Lee inspired fashion in your thread! Thought about posting all this in your Finding The Dragon in Unexpected places thread, but figured Id just toss this out there by itself instead of crowding it up.

Btw, Im sure if the first picture with the blue background is more amzing or terrible, Lol great find!

Ill also abstain from posting all the other models wearing lee inspired tracksuits as we could have an entire swimsuit edition portfolio of just that lol (which could be a neat idea for a calendar🤔

Edited by Koravec

2 hours ago, Koravec said:

Btw, Im sure if the first picture with the blue background is more amzing or terrible, Lol great find!

Yeah, its very random, the model looks like she just walked off a 1970's Sci-Fi movie set.

2 hours ago, Koravec said:

@DragonClaws Yeah, Ive definitely seen some good Lee inspired fashion in your thread! Thought about posting all this in your Finding The Dragon in Unexpected places thread, but figured Id just toss this out there by itself instead of crowding it up.

There's also all the BL immItation fashion, were they reproduce the stuff he wore in real life, or movie roles.

What I Wore Today: Game Of Death by Sara Tirona

Link- https://www.fashioneggplant.com/2012/02/what-i-wore-today-game-of-death.html

See the uncanny resemblance? Always been a fan of the dragon but this was not done on purpose. LOL

I just liked the black and yellow, black and yellow (lss yet?) combination of this top so I snagged it up. I knew it looked familiar...

DSC_6510.JPG

Edited by DragonClaws