Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Iko Uwais (Appreciation Thread)

Recommended Posts

e5c1dce7f87241f61a459d694aab28d1.jpg

Born Uwais Qorny on February 12, 1983, Iko Uwais has made a name for himself since his debut film, 2009's Merantau. The Indonesian-born Silat stylist began his training from his grandfather, H. Achmad Bunawar. He was discovered by Gareth Evans in 2007 while he was making a documentary about the martial art of Silat. Evans cast Uwais in his debut film Merentau and from there, the duo had a successful collaboration not only with that but the even more successful Raid films.

Uwais has also had his share of films in Hollywood, including a cameo appearance in both Man of Tai Chi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens; and co-starring roles in Mile 22 and Beyond Skyline. Uwais also had major roles in his native Indonesia with director Timo Tjahjanto with both Headshot and The Night Comes for Us, the latter as the main antagonist. He will next be seen in Triple Threat with an ensemble cast of action stars as well as the action-comedy Stuber with Kumail Nanjiani and Dave Bautista.

Tribute video I made

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

People keep pestering me on Youtube, to make an Iko tribute...Maybe once Triple Threat finally gets released. :bs_thinking:

I say go for it! You are the king of tribute videos IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I say go for it! You are the king of tribute videos IMO.

Very kind of you to say Albert. :BL-Thanks:
I just have trouble motivating myself to do them these days...Old age I think. :tongueout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Very kind of you to say Albert. :BL-Thanks:
I just have trouble motivating myself to do them these days...Old age I think. :tongueout

LOL and to think, I've done two so far (three if you count my Capoeira video) and it was both you and my son (who subscribes to you as well) that inspired me to give mine a shot to try out creating my tribute videos.

I can't wait for Triple Threat for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

LOL and to think, I've done two so far (three if you count my Capoeira video) and it was both you and my son (who subscribes to you as well) that inspired me to give mine a shot to try out creating my tribute videos.

I can't wait for Triple Threat for sure!

They can be fun to do, but also quite addictive & time consuming...Don't say I didn't warn you. :tongueout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

They can be fun to do, but also quite addictive & time consuming...Don't say I didn't warn you. :tongueout

Oh I know! This particular video, the Iko Uwais one, took me a total of 5 hours to complete from cutting clips to checking to make sure the timing was right to adding the music. But it was worth it! :) I am going to work on my next tribute this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, kingofkungfu2002 said:

People keep pestering me on Youtube, to make an Iko tribute...Maybe once Triple Threat finally gets released. :bs_thinking:

Merantau, The Raid, The Raid 2, Headshot, The Night Comes For Us, Mile 22, Man of Tai Chi, Beyond Skyline, and whatever little bit of whatever Star Wars movie he was in...Shoot, that ought to be enough to get you good and started for now.:clappinghands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Roel Reine, Kathryn Winnick and Iko Uwais, during filming of the up-coming Wu Assassin's series.

 

MV5BNTRkZTJkMjMtOGRlMi00OWZlLWI4MTctMjU1

 

MV5BM2JlNDlkNjgtMDc3YS00ZmUwLWEzYmMtMTU5

Edited by DragonClaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×