I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
DragonClaws

Online (adverts)

Anyone else get annoyed by not only adverts onine, in particualr on YouTube, by getting the same advert multiple times?. I wont name the product, but I've seen the same advert today, on every video I clicked on. Anyone else feel we get the same advert, pushed into our faces, to the points it brain washing?. I know they made it illegal, for advertisers's, to plug a product a certain amount of times on T.V, with a certain amount of time. Ill watch an hour long show, and you get seven advertisement breaks, all for the exact same product. I've stopped watching some shows, just becuase they cram so many adverts, into such a short space.

While incredibly annoying, some commercials can be quite entertaining at times, particularly around the holidays. That being said, Im not on the worst terms with commercials atm having had the winter themes in them recently.

What does drive me nuts is the volume at which ads are played (so much louder than the content Im accessing!) And also, a huge pet peeve of mine has been the musically and tictoc app advertisements... to name names lol. There will always be those that are even a cut above the rest in irritability for me. Such as the same annoying/cringey Cocacola (fan of the brand too) theatre adverts before every film starts.

Youtube is the very reason I started using an ad blocker. Video adverts online are just too much personally. I think the catalyst for me was in 2011 (IIRC) when I went out of my way to watch an advert/trailer for a video game and I was forced to watch another VG advert first. I had seen video adverts on otherbefore then but guess what? I just stopped using those sites. I think I personally find anything other than static banners around the edge excessive. 

17 hours ago, Koravec said:

While incredibly annoying, some commercials can be quite entertaining at times, particularly around the holidays.

They employ a lot of very talented, artistic/creative people.

17 hours ago, Koravec said:

What does drive me nuts is the volume at which ads are played (so much louder than the content Im accessing!)

This started in the U.K in the late 90's on T.V, at least thats when I recall it coming in. A way to grab your attention, if your not looking at the T.V.

Appreciate the feedbac @TibetanWhiteCrane, @Silver and Gold Dragon and @Koravec.