I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

The NWA Ten Pounds of Gold, series, has certianly inspired a lot of other similar Wrestling themed YouTube shows/short's.

Edited by DragonClaws

I'm getting annoyed with WWE. First, Becky Lynch apologizes for her actions last week and even Ronda Rousey is excited as hell that she would take on Lynch at 'Mania, but nooooo...Vince McMahon ruined it all and once again, someone got the title handed to her....oh but not before suspending Lynch for 60 days, which would make it end 5 days after WrestleMania...yes you guessed it. Charlotte Flair is taking on Rousey at 'Mania...I hope this is just a storyline that will make Lynch have to do the unthinkable. 

I have to say, I would absolutely love to see Becky Lynch do what John Cena did back in 2010 when he was "fired" during the Nexus era. All she has to do is buy a ticket and Bam! 

If you missed it, another wrestling legend has passed away. Pedro Morales died at the age of 76 from complications of Parkinson's Disease.

This Sunday will mark the inaugural WWE Women's Tag Team Championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Could it be that Dave Bautista may be going A...E...W? This photo may say "anything is possible"

Paige reacts to herself winning her first main event match with WWE, when she defeated AJ Lee for the Divas Championship. Thanks to The Rock for posting this on his YouTube Channel

Edited by AlbertV

John Cena will host Nickelodeon's game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?.

Jimmy Uso was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice in Pittsburgh, PA. His wife and fellow WWE superstar, Naomi, was driving when they were pulled over for driving drunk the wrong way on a one-way. Uso got out of the car, took his shirt and jacket off and eventually was tazed.

ROH Bound by Honor results:

• Jay Briscoe defeated Rhett Titus
  • Shinobi Shadow Squad defeated Dalton Castle & the Boys
  • Zack Sabre Jr. submitted Colt Cabana
  • Kenny King defeated Willie Mack, Silas Young and Marty Scurll in a fatal four-way
  • Jeff Cobb retained the ROH TV title against Rocky Romero
  • Mayu Iwatani defeated Kelly Klein to win the WOH World Championship
  • Lifeblood defeated The Bouncers & Coast to Coast in an eight-man tag
  • PCO defeated Mark Briscoe
  • The Kingdom defeated Rush, Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham

NJPW New Beginning in Osaka results:

• TenCozy & Jushin Thunder Liger won via DQ over Takashi Iizuka, Minoru Suzuki & Taka Michinoku
  • Evil & Sanada defeated Shota Umino & Ayato Yoshida
  • Bushi, Tetsuya Naito & Shingo Takagi defeated Taichi, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
  • Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Yoshi-hashi & Tomoaki Honma
  • GOD defeated Most Violent Players
  • Taiji Ishimori retained the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title over Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Kazuchika Okada defeated Bad Luck Fale
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi's reign as IWGP Heavyweight Champion was cut short by "Switchblade" Jay White.

Kota Ibushi also appeared to thank the fans for their support while recovering from injuries and said he will return for the New Japan Cup.

WWE announcer Corey Graves is in hot water after his wife revealed though instagram that he has been cheating on her with WWE star Carmella.

WWE announced its latest group of Performance Center trainees:

• Former Impact and PWG star Trevor Lee
  • Former ROH/NJPW star ACH
  • 2017 and 2018 Mae Young Classic competitor Rachel Ellering
  • Former WOH talent and 2018 Mae Young Classic competitor Karen Q
  • Former Impact and NWA talent Samuel Shaw
  • Australian wrestler and PWG regular Jonah Rock
  • Australian wrestler Elliot Sexton, who tagged with Jonah Rock on NJPW's 2018 Australia tour
  • Canadian tag team Team 3.0 (Scott Parker & Shane Matthews)
  • Monster Factory wrestling school graduate Nick Comoroto
  • Former college football players Omari Palmer and Ricardo Miller, who were invited after trying out last summer

PJ Black did an interview recently.

Hiromu Takahashi gave an update on his recovery.

And who is the mystery opponent for Cody Rhodes?

k1p1x4bznng21.jpg

WWE Elimination Chamber Results:

• Buddy Murphy defended his Cruiserweight title against Akira Tozawa
  • The Boss n' Hug Connection (Sasha Banks and Bayley) are the 1st Women's Tag Team Champions as they defeated Tamina and Nia Jax, Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose, The Iiconics (Peyton Royce and Billie Kay), and Carmella and Naomi in an Elimination Chamber match.
  • The Usos are the new Smackdown Tag Team Champions, defeating The Miz and Shane McMahon
  • Finn Balor is the new Intercontinental Champion, defeating Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush in a Handicap match for the title.
  • Ronda Rousey decimated Ruby Riott to defend the Raw Women's Championship. Post-match had Becky Lynch attacking both Rousey and Charlotte Flair with crutches.
  • Baron Corbin got some help from his buddies Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre to beat Braun Strowman in a No-DQ match.
  • "The New" Daniel Bryan successfully defended his WWE Heavyweight Title against AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, and Kofi Kingston in an Elimination Chamber match.

Congratulations goes out to Mike Mizanin and his wife Maryse. The couple announced last night that Maryse is pregnant with their second child. The couple have a daughter, Monroe Sky.

Eddie Edwards signed a new deal to continue his career with Impact Wrestling. However, Joe Hendry is gone from the company.

Corey Graves is getting some heat from fans and his wife over an alleged affair he has with Carmella. One who is going nuts over it is Enzo Amore, who trolled Graves on Twitter. One Reddit user responded with a few names that have said to have cheated on the road and Kevin Owens' name came up, prompting Owens' wife to respond, denying the claims and telling the user "he don't know [censored].

Former WWE star and commentator JBL is opening a new sports facility in Malawi.

Ken Anderson is taking full responsibility for why he opted not to return to WWE nearly a decade after leaving the company. He told the Pancakes podcast:
“I don’t really know. I think part of it had to do with my attitude, probably. I was very – I was like bitter for a couple of years after I left WWE, and said some things I probably shouldn’t have said. In hindsight, I can say if I could point to any one reason, I would point to myself.”

The entire Kofi versus Daniel Bryan segment of last night's Elimination Chamber was the most tense I've ever been during a wrestling match. I was gunning for Kingston HARD.

Ricochet, Lacey Evans, and Aleister Black made their main roster debut last night on RAW. Ricochet teamed up with Finn Balor to defeat Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush in a tag team match.

Lacey Evans is, for now, looking to be a possible valet of Otis and Tucker, aka Heavy Machinery

Aleister Black unleashed his martial arts skills, notably his Black Mass kick against Elias in his debut. Seriously, WWE Films should make a martial arts movie with this guy!

Congrats to Degeneration-X. They are the 1st inductees of the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame and yes, that does include the name many have wanted since her tragic passing: Chyna. I just thought about this...Billy Gunn is now working for All Elite Wrestling...will that be an issue?

I guess they are making Dean Ambrose back to lunatic funny man as seen last night. On the upside, he didn't complete job as he did win his match last week.

Shane Helms and Joseph Park backstage on RAW. The two now are agents and producers for the company.

More backstage drama and it was revealed that Corey Graves and Carmella are in fact a real-life couple. It has been revealed that Graves and his wife of 11 years, are near finalizing their divorce and they have been separated for six months, which was when Graves and Carmella started dating.

Triple H is excited that DX will be in the Hall of Fame and that Chyna is included. He also said that Chyna should be in the HOF as an individual, he told ESPN:

“Look, people believe what they want to believe. When I said a few years ago on the Austin podcast, or show, or whatever you want to call it, there’s complexities around it.  But absolutely, definitely deserves to be in there. It’d be tough to pick a female that was more impactful on the business. She did something that was completely so out of left field that it wasn’t even being considered when we first brought it up for her to come in. It wasn’t even a consideration… it wasn’t an easy thing, and against all odds she did all of that. She earned everybody’s trust. She won over the fans. She won over the boys. She did all of it.  From that standpoint, absolutely 100 percent deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and should probably be more than once — as a group, but individually as well. There’s more complexity to that than meets the eye, but here we are. I’m just happy that it’s here. I’m happy for her family, the people that she was close to, that hopefully this is super meaningful to them. I know it would be to her. It’s a great thing — very deserving.”

Edited by AlbertV

3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Triple H is excited that DX will be in the Hall of Fame and that Chyna is included. He also said that Chyna should be in the HOF as an individual, he told ESPN:

Anyone think its abig odd, for Triple H to induct himself into his own Hall of Fame?. The British Bulldogs should have gone in before those clowns, with the exception of Chyna. Who was probably more popular than the whole DX group combind, during her peak year's, around the time of the Playboy photo-shoot.

Authentic is the new hardcore, more from NWA.

Miss NWA?, Kamille Brikhouse, keep's an eye on the Champions back, when it's needed.

The Miz apologized to Shane McMahon and is asking to join him again for a rematch against The Usos for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles

Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa, Ricochet, and Lacey Evans appeared at last night's SmackDown

Looks like WWE is beginning to push Kofi Kingston as he is the #1 Contender for the WWE Heavyweight Title. He will face Daniel Bryan at WWE Fastlane.

Tye Dillinger is asking for his release from WWE. He sent out an official statement on his Twitter.

Jan LaQue, the mother of the late Chyna, is excited that her daughter has finally made it to the WWE Hall of Fame.

“I am absolutely thrilled. And so is my husband. We have been invited to the ceremony and will be so proud to be there and celebrate this awesome occasion. She certainly earned this, to say the least.”

It was said that had The Elite (Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, and Cody) had signed with WWE, they would have debuted at this year's WrestleMania. Omega was offered a lucrative contract and the Young Bucks' contract had a clause that would allow them to leave within three months had they felt unhappy with the direction there. It doesn't matter as of course, All Elite Wrestling is in full swing.

Get up-dated on the latest events/action, from IMPACT Wrestling, in this condensed high-lights video.

Defiant Wrestling, is showing no signs of slowing down.

Catch brand-new episodes of Defiant Wrestling's Loaded every Sunday for FREE on YouTube at 8pm GMT.

The big event, only get's closer and closer to happening, the countdown to AEW's - Double or Nothing continues.

As of Friday, it has been made official:

• Tye Dillinger (Ronnie Arneill) has been granted his release from WWE.
  • Hideo Itami (Kenta Kobayashi) has been granted his release from WWE and will be reverting back to the name KENTA.
  • TJP (T.J. Perkins) has also been released from WWE and it is said he actually was fired for having a bad attitude.

Bruce Prichard is back with WWE in a more creative role while Arn Anderson has been fired from the company after a major backstage incident with Vince McMahon.

Tammy Sytch formerly known as Sunny once again can't escape from the law. She was arrested in New Jersey for possibly failing a drug test or being a no-show, which violates her probation.

Steve Corino is now a producer for WWE.Prior to his new role, he was a coach for WWE NXT.

Josh Alexander, the current Destiny Wrestling Champion, has signed a three-year deal with Impact Wrestling.

Congratulations to Roman Reigns. He has announced last night that his leukemia is in remission and he returned with a major impact last night on Raw

It may look like there might be another match at WrestleMania with a certain "animal" returning if this proves anything. Could it be Batista vs. Triple H?

It has been long rumored, but after last night, will there now be a Triple Threat Match for the Raw Women's Championship between Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair?

Ricochet and Aleister Black took on RAW Tag Team Champs The Revival

ROH/NJPW Honor Rising Results

Night One:

• Marty Scurll defeated Ren Narita
  • Zack Sabre Jr. submitted Shota Umino
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & Jonathan Gresham defeated Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles
  • David Finlay, Toa Henare, Juice Robinson & Tomoaki Honma defeated G.O.D. & the Briscoe Bros.
  • Most Violent Players & Ryusuke Taguchi retained the Never Trios titles against Delirious, Colt Cabana & Cheeseburger
  • Will Ospreay retained the Never Openweight title against Dalton Castle
  • Jeff Cobb retained the ROH TV title against Hirooki Goto
  • Jay Lethal, Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated The Kingdom

Night Two:

• Toa Henare & Jonathan Gresham defeated Zack Sabre Jr. & Taka Michinoku
  • Marty Scurll submitted Robbie Eagles
  • Toru Yano & Colt Cabana defeated Delirious & Cheeseburger
  • Will Ospreay & Hirooki Goto defeated Jeff Cobb & Dalton Castle
  • Tetsuya Naito & Shingo Takagi defeated Matt Taven & Vinny Marseglia
  • Jay Lethal retained the ROH World Championship against TK O'Ryan
  • G.O.D. captured the IWGP Heavyweight titles from Evil & Sanada
  • The Briscoes retained the ROH tag titles against Juice Robinson & David Finlay. During this match, David Finlay dislocated his shoulder. He is currently having it examined.

Mr. McMahon has become the sworn enemy of the WWE Universe now...why? Because he dissed Kofi Kingston last night by denying him of his title shot against Daniel Bryan at WWE FastLane and gave it to the returning Kevin Owens. First Becky Lynch, now Kofi Kingston...I smell mutiny. Ronda Rousey pretty much threatened to drop the belt if Lynch doesn't get reinstated for WrestleMania (long rumor this will be a triple threat match)...wonder what's gonna happen with Kingston and Owens?

Charlotte Flair being the arrogant one thinks she's gonna get crowned Raw's Women Champion on Monday. I have a hunch this is when the bomb will drop and announce it will be the Triple Threat Match at 'Mania.

Speaking of Women's titles, Mandy Rose will face Asuka at WWE FastLane for the SmackDown Women's Title

Ricochet and Aleister Black took on Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura. That Black Mass kick could have decapitated Nakamura LOL!

The Hardy Boyz have returned together! Matt's contract was almost up but it looks like he got over his injury and has signed a new deal!

The Honky Tonk Man is the next to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

Kevin Owens used the Stone Cold Stunner in his match on Tuesday's SmackDown and Stone Cold Steve Austin gave his seal of approval.

Major news involving All Elite Wrestling's Double or Nothing. They are making the event sensory inclusive for those who have Autism. That means a lot to those, especially as someone who knows about the spectrum first hand. :)

DPP_0560-M.jpg

Indie wrestling star LuFisto (real name: Genevieve Goulet) announced that she is planning to retire from wrestling sooner than she had hoped:

In the past years, the same knee felt weird and sometimes weak but nothing alarming. I ignored aches and pains… Such behavior comes with being a professional wrestler from my generation.
Yes, it makes me sound old (well, I just turned 39) but back in my days, when you were injured, you didn’t talk about it. Being the only girl around and wrestling the boys, it was even worst. I just couldn’t mention anything about being in pain. If I did, you can be sure I would hear things such as “just a girl; she don’t belong; look at this weak moron or what a pussy!”
So, when I hurt my knee back in 2002, I got it cleaned up and went back in the ring only 2 months after the surgery. I had no time to wait a year to reconstruct everything. I couldn’t say I was hurt and I wanted to prove wrong everyone who doubted me and laughed at me for wanting to be an equal to my male colleagues. Courageous or stupid? Today, I would say the latter. Different times, I guess.
I’m not bitter. I’m heartbroken.
Heartbroken that I didn’t prove wrong all those people who were telling me that I was wasting my time, that I was a loser, that I wouldn’t go anywhere… Today, I feel like they’ve won. I’m grateful for every single opportunity and for all the promoters who let me step into their ring. However, I have that emptiness that there is something missing because I didn’t reach my goal of joining one of the major promotions. No matter how hard I try, it just won’t go away.

Bubba Ray thinks the recent actions from Mr. McMahon involving both Becky Lynch and Kofi Kingston are all going to part of a storyline possibly that will break the McMahon bond.

“Hunter and Stephanie gave the WWE Universe Becky Lynch back and Vince took it away. Last night, Shane and Steph gave Kofi Kingston [a title shot] and Vince took it away. The path for Kofi is through Shane and Stephanie and that could lead to a whole hullabaloo within the McMahon family.”