Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

Natalya and Lacey Evans will make history. They will be allowed to go to Saudi Arabia to compete against each other at Crown Jewel in the first ever Women's Match in the country.

Asuka and Kairi Sane have turned against the legendary Paige...with Asuka pulling a Great Muta/Tajiri

Sin Cara has some backup to combat Andrade and Zelina Vega...enter Carolina, even though Andrade got away with the victory. Carolina is Chilean wrestler Catalina Garcia under the mask. 

CG_PC.png

James E.Cornette & Joe Galli show the world how to present a real Televised/Streamed Wrestling show.

Is Cult leader turned Wrestler Jocephus getting crazier by the episode?.

Austin Idol's excellent skit's/advert's remind me of the fake T.V advert's, featured in the original Robocop movie.

Edited by DragonClaws

NJPW Power Struggle Results:

• Volador Jr., Titan, TJP & Clark Connors defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuya Uemura.
  • El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori defeated Robbie Eagles & Rocky Romero.
  • Evil, Sanada & Shingo Takagi defeated Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kazuchika Okada & Yoshi-hashi.
  • Tetsuya Naito defeated Taichi.
  • Roppongi3K defeated El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru to win the Super Jr. Tag League.
  • Kenta defeated Tomohiro Ishii to retain the Never Openweight title.
  • Will Ospreay defeated Bushi to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title.
  • Jay White defeated Hirooki Goto to retain the IWGP Intercontinental title.

There were a couple of surprises.Chris Jericho beat up a bunch of Hiroshi Tanahashi fans and challenged him to a match.

Then, Hiromu Takahashi made a surprise return to challenge Will Ospreay.

Scarlett Bordeaux has officially signed with WWE. She will be heading to Orlando this week to train at the Performance Center along with Shotzi Blackheart, Samantha De Martin, and Stephon Smith.

Renee Young respondedon the SI Media Podcast about what it's like at home with her husband Jon Moxley now that he's at All Elite Wrestling

“It’s not weird at all. As soon as we’re both home and have a glass of wine, he has his Jack & Diet Coke and we just talk about wrestling. We talk about what my day is like, what his day is like. It’s an interesting time for all of wrestling. I’m sure people would like to be flies on the wall of our room. There are some interesting conversations that have happened, that’s for sure. When you’re married to Jon Moxley, that man likes to talk about wrestling. Sometimes I need to cleanse my pallet like, ‘Can we just put on ‘This Is Us’ and not talk about wrestling for a minute? That would be great.’ He’s a big ‘This Is Us’ fan. He is a layered man. There’s much behind those crazy eyes.”

Bray Wyatt is the new WWE Universal Championship, winning the title at Crown Jewel

fiend-champ.jpg

On Thursday night, a drunk Jimmy Havoc got into a physical fight with Excalibur at a restaurant while the AEW team were celebrating Tony Schiavone's birthday. It started with the two exchanging verbal grabs but it got physical and even was taken outside. Since then, both of them talked out their issues and the heat was done. Havoc was remorseful about what happened. AEW's Tony Khan had this to say:

“I wouldn’t call it a fight, I’ve seen a lot worse in the world of football, both in England and the NFL — I’ve seen a lot worse, and I saw a lot worse tonight. They scrapped around and it was cool yesterday.”

It looks like WWE's trio of Japanese female stars have now gone from babyfaces to heels. Io Shirai is excited about her new heel turn as she feels she has been able to be more confident.

“To the fans, my character changed suddenly. But I took a long time to think about it and it was a gradual process for me. When I came to WWE, I wanted to try out something different. They already had Asuka and Kairi (Sane). So, I wanted to show something new. I wanted to show a new side of Japanese woman wrestlers. I have mainly been a babyface in my career but I wanted to make a big change. This has given me more confidence. The heel turn has added a lot of new things to my character and that has certainly boosted my confidence. I came with a different role but this change has been a boost for me.”

A few weeks ago, Kairi Sane and Asuka turned on their manager Paige when Asuka pulled a Tajiri and spit green mist in her face on SmackDown.

After his final session and eventual closing of his Storm Wrestling Academy in December, Lance Storm will begin his new career at WWE as a producer.

Anthony Carelli, who is better known as former WWE superstar Santino Marella, has been named Official Ambassador of Judo Canada.

Edited by AlbertV

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

After his final session and eventual closing of his Storm Wrestling Academy in December, Lance Storm will begin his new career at WWE as a producer.

Didn't Lance Storm announce he was planning an in ring come-back this year?.

ROH producer Joey Mercury quit and has spilled the beans on the company's troubles. 

• The company is so disorganized that someone forgot to setup all transportation for Marty Scurll once.
  • When Alex Shelley went into semi-retirement and obtained medical certifications, he began provide medical assistance at ROH events for free due to the lack of medical personnel. It was Joey Mercury, Bandido and Brody King who stabilized Flip Gordon's dislocated elbow. 
  • No concussion protocol. When WOH champion Kelly Klein missed two shows with one, the company wanted her to continue on a tour of S. Africa which Joey Mercury cancelled.
  • No security protocol. This is why Bully Ray had to intervene when a fan tried to assault the Allure in Portland.
  • The severe underpaying of workers. He leaked emails showing Kelly Klein being paid 24K and also talked about the total exploitation of someone named Edson, who is believed to be Bandido.

When asked, current AEW producer BJ Whitmer confirmed all of Mercury's accusations. It's no wonder NJPW dropped them.

AEW Full Gear results:

• Dr. Britt Baker, DMD defeated Bea Priestly.
  • Proud & Powerful defeated the Young Bucks.
  • Hangman Page defeated Pac.
  • Shawn Spears defeated Joey Janela.
  • SCU defeated the Lucha Brothers and Private Party to retain the AEW Tag titles.
  • Riho defeated Emi Sakura to retain the AEW Women's title.
  • Chris Jericho defeated Cody Rhodes to retain the AEW World title when MJF threw in the towel. Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson and the Great Muta appeared as judges if the match went the full 60 minutes. MJF apologized to Cody afterwards and then kicked him in the groin.
  • Jon Moxley defeated Kenny Omega in a FMW-style Unsanctioned Lights Out match.

The guy that was caught on camera dumping a full drink on MJF has been identified as Alan Angels, a Georgia-based pro wrestler. Cody Rhodes needed eight stitches for a cut and also sustained a separated rib.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Didn't Lance Storm announce he was planning an in ring come-back this year?.

I think it was his original plan but it now looks like he's going to be a producer. He announced the producing job last week

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/lance-storm-hired-wwe-producer/

The longest running Tag-Team in the History of Pro-Wrestling, and maybe the toughest of all time too?.

The N.W.A's final Pay Per View event of the year.

To reach any kind of success in Pro-Wrestling, you have to work hard. Bea Priestly must be one of the hardest working Wrestlers out there.

Major League Wrestling catch up.

Edited by DragonClaws

NJPW Showdown in San Jose Results:

• Ren Narita defeated Alex Coughlin.
  • Colt Cabana & Toru Yano defeated Jushin Thunder Liger & Aaron Solow.
  • Minoru Suzuki & El Desperado defeated Clark Connors & Karl Fredericks.
  • Tomohiro Ishii, Juice Robinson & TJP defeated Evil, Sanada & Bushi.
  • Hirooki Goto, Yoh & Rocky Romero defeated Kenta, Taiji Ishimori & Jado.
  • El Phantasmo retained the RevPro British Cruiserweight title by defeating Sho.
  • Lance Archer defeated David Finlay to retain the IWGP US title.
  • Tetsuya Naito & Shingo Takagi defeated Jay White & Chase Owens.
  • Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay defeated Kota Ibushi & Amazing Red.

NJPW Showdown in Los Angeles Results:

• TJP & Amazing Red defeated Alex Zayne & Aaron Solow.
  • Colt Cabana & Toru Yano defeated Alex Coughlin & Karl Fredericks.
  • Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & El Desperado defeated Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Clark Connors.
  • Evil & Sanada defeated Tomohiro Ishii & Rocky Romero.
  • Kota Ibushi defeated Ren Narita.
  • Hirooki Goto & Roppongi3K defeated Kenta, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo.
  • Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & Bushi defeated Jay White, Chase Owens & Gedo.

NJPW announced that four new wrestlers that passed a September Los Angeles dojo tryout will appear at Lion's Break Project 2, which will be held at CharaExpo 2019 in Anaheim, CA. They are:

• Barrett Brown, a wrestler from Texas with a decade of experience.
  • Misterioso Jr., a luchador from Los Angeles with eight years experience.
  • The Riegel Twins (Logan & Sterling), a tag team from Missouri with eleven years combined experience.

Also, NJPW young lion Ren Narita will appear at superindie Black Pro Label and Irish promotion Over the Top Wrestling in between NJPW US and after RevPro UK events. This confirms that that the three way partnership between NJPW, ROH and CMLL is pretty much dead as Ren Narita, a cruiserweight, was expected to have been sent to Mexico by now.