Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

piper-niven-in-wwe.jpg

Could Piper Niven be headed to WWE after her current contract expires? It looks like it may be happening, according to Dave Meltzer. All Elite Wrestling also wants her, but according to Meltzer, she is going to head to for WWE when her World of Sport Wrestling contract is done. It is now gearing up as a war between WWE and the newly christened AEW are planning to both get any free agents in their sights. (Full story HERE)

Hideo Itami will join Akira Tozawa, Kalisto, and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy for the Fatal 4-Way for that title at the WWE Royal Rumble.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

It is now gearing up as a war between WWE and the newly christened AEW are planning to both get any free agents in their sights. (Full story HERE)

Things are getting pretty petty too, some fans who attened WWE Smackdown in AEW T-Shirts, were kicked out of the veneu?. I have never heard of any promotion kicking fans out for wearing WWE T-Shirts.

According to reports, WWE had their security team not allow fans to attend after some people drove from the rally to the TV event. A fan noted on Twitter that he could not buy a ticket to SmackDown while wearing AEW merch while another person claims that he was kicked out for carrying an AEW towel.

Fans Claim Security Prevented Them From Attending SmackDown Live With AEW Merchandise

Link- https://www.sescoops.com/fans-claim-security-prevented-them-from-attending-smackdown-live-with-aew-merchandise/

Good luck to Piper Niven, shes a hell of a wrestler, I'm not sure when her WOS contract expires?, it cant be anytime soon?

Edited by DragonClaws

12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Things are getting pretty petty too, some fans who attened WWE Smackdown in AEW T-Shirts, were kicked out of the veneu?. I have never heard of any promotion kicking fans out for wearing WWE T-Shirts.

That's just flat out ridiculous! I mean granted, I like WWE but this is too much. And speaking of WWE, they filed a trademark for an upcoming PPV to be called Worlds Collide, which led to spec that it would have involved other promotions, but they are saying it is more like possibly an NXT vs. NXT UK or even an NXT vs. Main Roster event. Just this past June, Triple H said under the right conditions, he was open to working with other promotions. (From here: https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-triple-h-talks-about-wwe-possibly-working-with-other-independent-promotions-in-the-future )

7 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Triple H said under the right conditions, he was open to working with other promotions.

i.e if the WWE appear to be losing the grip on their monoply on big budget wrestling shows. What he says, doesnt exactly go well with kicking fans out of your shows, when they've paid to see it, beuase of their choice of t-shirt.

These shirts are highly offence materiel, to the WWE.

aew1001-1_1.png

aew1013-1.png

Edited by DragonClaws

Ryback was asked by a fan on Twitter about possibly joining All Elite Wrestling. He had this to say:

“I’m extremely happy for all involved and have known @CodyRhodes a long time. I have 2 more stem cell procedures and a shoulder scope to get me where I need to be in January and will then evaluate everything wrestling wise. I can’t be anything less than my best ever if I return.”

Nikki Cross said her NXT farewell this week as she is set to join the main roster.

Tony Khan was asked about Bill Goldberg joining AEW, but he said Bill has not signed or agreed to a deal.

“I haven't agreed to anything with Bill or anything but I like Bill a lot.”

So there were reports on WWE's offers to the Elite before the formation of All Elite Wrestling.

• Hangman Page would have had an angle on NXT and would have been paid main roster money.
  • The Young Bucks were offered a 3-year deal that would put them in the same pay scale as current heavyweight champion (and fellow ex-Bullet Club member) AJ Styles with a six month window to leave if they weren't happy. It would also have included Being the Elite airing on WWE Network.

Discussions lasted 12 hours and The Elite praised HHH on the offers and how they were handled. HHH was said to have liked how the Bucks turned down the offer by dressing Frankie Kazarian up as him when they superkicked him on their show.

Kenny Omega is expected to be joining AEW on February 1 after his contract with NJPW ends and it is believed he has already turned down WWE's offer.

Speaking of WWE, Jason Jordan has found a backup in case he will be unable to return to the ring. He is still employed by WWE but as a producer. Jordan has been having issues with an inability to make a full fist and grip as well not being able to control one of his hands.

Edited by AlbertV

Some choice mayhem, from the latest episode of IMPACT Wrestling.

For those interested, here's the entire Press Conference/Doulbe or Nothing Rally, for AEW, (The audio kicks after a few second).

Another new U.K Wrestling promotion, Wrestle Gat-Pro, just posted debuted their documentary style video series.

Edited by DragonClaws

Finn Balor will face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble after Braun Strowman faced the wrath of Vince McMahon. Balor won a Fatal 4 Way against John Cena, Drew McIntrye, and Baron Corbin

Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight) are going to RAW. Dozovic found himself on Alexa Bliss' "A Moment of Bliss" last night.

Bobby Lashley defeated Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins to become the new WWE Intercontinental Champion

The WWE is officially having a Women's Tag Team Championship. The first match will pit 3 teams from Raw and 3 teams from Smackdown! and it will happen at WWE's Elimination Chamber on February 17. The match will be an Elimination Chamber match.

Nikki Cross has joined Raw, teaming up with Sasha Banks and Natalya against The Riott Squad

ROH Honor Reigns Supreme Results

• 3S (Cheeseburger, Ryan Nova & Eli Isom) defeated Josey Quinn, John Skyler & Cory Hollis
  • Mark Haskins pinned Beer City Bruiser
  • Juice Robinson & David Finlay defeated Best Friends
  • Tracy Gordon won his match via ref stoppage after Flip Gordon injured his knee. Gordon is scheduled to have an MRI done this week.
  • The Kingdom defeated Delirious, Hurricane Helms & Luchasaurus
  • Bandido pinned PJ Black
  • Jeff Cobb retained the ROH TV title against Rhett Titus and Jonathan Gresham
  • Kelly Klein retained the WOH championship against Jenny Rose in a street fight
  • Villain Enterprises defeated the Briscoes & Silas Young
  • Jay Lethal retained the ROH Heavyweight title against Dalton Castle

Utami Hayashita, the latest phenom of Stardom:

Dw2Yqy7VAAAAZ6u?format=jpg&name=large

AJ Styles had enough of The New Daniel Bryan

Becky Lynch and Asuka stared each other down before they were rudely interrupted by The Iiconics (Peyton Royce and Billie Kay)

Jimmy Uso has helped his wife Naomi go after Mandy Rose

The Miz was helping Shane McMahon celebrate his birthday when The Bar decided to try to ruin things...

Jerry "The King" Lawler signed a new two-year deal with WWE and even got a raise in the process. His contract had expired on January 10 and a deal was done right away.

Roman Reigns was seen with a fan at a hotel in Hawaii.

The Bludgeon Brothers have been cleared to return to in-ring action. Both Luke Harper and Erick Rowan both were out with injuries, but they have been getting back and they may return as early as next Tuesday's SmackDown episode.

ultimoninja.jpglatest?cb=20181019130438

Humberto Carillo formerly known as Ultimo Ninja has joined 205 Live

Ivelisse is not happy with her time in Lucha Underground, and she has been trying to get a release, but the company is refusing to budge.

Kurt Angle is in a world of relief. His 16-year old niece was kidnapped and after an Amber Alert was posted, his niece was found safe in a home in Pennsylvania. Her 19-year former boyfriend was charged with the kidnapping.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-kurt-angle-niece-found-safe-20190117-story.html

Mike and Maria Bennett aka Mike and Maria Kanellis, have asked for their releases from WWE. They are unhappy with how they are being used. Of course, Maria's pregnancy and Mike's battle with painkiller addiction were factors in the couple being underutilized by the company.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-mike-maria-kanellis-ask-for-their-wwe-releases

Edited by AlbertV

Kevin Owens, still recovering from double knee surgery, has slimmed down quite well lately. According to reports, Owens is going to be cleared to return, but WWE is planning to save him until WrestleMania XXXV

Jake "Jack Swagger" Hager is gearing up for his debut match at Bellator by posting a photo.

Congratulations to Sanity member Killian Dain and Nikki Cross. The couple, who have been together for ten and a half years, have finally tied the knot!

WWE is apparently beginning to feel the pressure now that All-Elite Wrestling has entered their hats in the ring. According to Dave Meltzer, WWE is willing to double deals for stars who get offers from rival companies.

And wishing the former "Animal" of WWE, Dave Bautista, a Happy Birthday! It's a milestone as Bautista turns 50 today!

MV5BNDU4MjY2NDI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI5MV5BMTY3NjY1MjY4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjgx

MV5BMDI5MTc2ZjUtOGFlYi00ZWFhLWEwM2ItOTYx

022a393145fd4f94eea6e099e176609e.jpg

Edited by AlbertV

22 hours ago, AlbertV said:

WWE is apparently beginning to feel the pressure now that All-Elite Wrestling has entered their hats in the ring. According to Dave Meltzer, WWE is willing to double deals for stars who get offers from rival companies.

They had the money to make these kind of offers before, but they didnt?, now with the presence of AEW, they are changing things up fast. The All Elite Wrestling promotion, is benefitting any future Wrestler's who work for WWE. Allowing them to get a better deal, than Wrestlers who signed or worked for the company pre to 2019.

This year is going be a big game changer for Pro-Wrestling, behind the scenes, and in-front of the cameras. There's a lot of men and women who have all brought about this change, but how much of this would have happened?, had Cody Rhodes stuck with WWE?, rather than walking his own road?.

Love this old Instagram comment/post, by Jordynne Grace.

My coach said I lifted like a girl. I told him if he lifted a little heavier, he could too.

The latest, from the world of Defiant Wrestling.

More on the AEW T-Shirt mad-ness.

Edited by DragonClaws