I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

At Crown Jewel this Halloween, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair will have 5-star teams who will face off each other in a Survivor Series-style match. Seth Rollins will captain Team Hogan and Randy Orton will captain Team Flair.

Last night was the season premiere of Monday Night Raw and here are the Top 10 moments from it

Edited by AlbertV

On 10/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, HyperDrive said:

NYC:

• TJP defeated Ren Narita.
  • Lance Archer defeated Karl Fredericks.
  • Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls defeated Alex Coughlin & Clark Connors.
  • G.O.D. & Jado defeated Roppongi3K & Rocky Romero.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & The Rock N' Roll Express defeated Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & Bushi,
  • Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Amazing Red defeated Jay White, Chase Owens, & Gedo.
  • Kenta retained the Never Openweight title against Yoshi-Hashi.
  •  Evil & Sanada defeated Kazuchika Okada & Kota Ibushi.

There was a retirement ceremony for Tiger Hattori during the show.

AmbulanceGate: NJPW Delayed Due to Potential Sabotage

Link- https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2019/09/28/ambulancegate-njpw-delayed-due-to-potential-sabotage/

Edited by DragonClaws

I thought AEW Dynamite was a solid show (I missed the main event). A little clunky here and there but the wrestling was good and plenty of characters were established. I'm not sure about Riho's win though.

I hear NXT gave them a run for their money but I haven't watched it yet.

20 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Who would do such a thing even by accident?

The numbers for the first round of the Wednesday night wars are out.

wnwweekone.png

AAA has postponed its Lucha Invading Los Angeles show until 2020. 

AEW announced that the matches not shown on Dynamite will be aired on a new show called AEW Dark this Tuesday. It is a Youtube series.

Cain Velasquez has signed with WWE and will face Brock Lesnar at the annual Saudi Arabia show Crown Jewel.

ROH looks to be worse off than previously thought. PPV numbers from Death Before Dishonor in September showed a 77.7% drop from Best in the World in June.

It is said that Minoru Suzuki might leave NJPW for NOAH after his feud with Jushin Thunder Liger is over.

With WWE, AEW and Impact each starting new TV deals, it was only fitting one of the oldest pro wrestling organizations joins in on the fun. Billy Corgan's National Wrestling Alliance announced a weekly television show that will be taking place on Tuesday nights. Dubbed NWA POWER, the program will be shown at 6:05 p.m. ET worldwide starting on October 8th on the NWA's Facebook and YouTube channels.

Source- https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/09/nwa-announces-new-weekly-tv-show-starting-108-660180/

Edited by DragonClaws

After firing 3/4 of the Muñoz wrestling family (Rush, Dragon Lee and their father La Bestia del Ring), CMLL actions towards them have been random. When Rush and Dragon Lee were signed to the Crash Anniversary show, CMLL pulled Niebla, Soberano, Angel de Oro and Barbaro Cavernario from it. However, CMLL TV has not pulled a Dragon Lee commercial and it allowed Caristico to team with him last week:

Also, Dragon Lee was scheduled to be Titan's partner in NJPW's Super Jr. Tag Tournament but has since been replaced by Volador Jr. It remains to be seen if Lee returns there at all. This will be a big test of the ROH/NJPW/CMLL partnership especially now that Rush is the current ROH World Champion. It's funny because he is ROH's biggest draw now outside of NJPW people and Villain Enterprises.

Kylie Rae will appear on Impact! Wrestling's All Glory Twitch special. The show will not feature any Impact people just Chicago-area independent stars.

EGTNjm4UUAA-_8c?format=jpg&name=large

The lineup for NJPW's Super Jr. tag Tournament was announced:

• Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura
  • Ryusuke Taguchi & Rocky Romero
  • Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles (They have labeled themselves The Birds of Prey.)
  • Roppongi3K
  • Titan & Volador Jr.
  • TJP & Clark Connors
  • current IWGP Jr. Tag champions Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
  • El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru:

Edited by HyperDrive

The NJPW dojo was damaged in Typhoon Hagibis as the first floor was completely flooded out. Looks like the King of Pro Wrestling show will go on as scheduled.

ROH Glory by Honor results:

• Silas Young won a 12-man battle royal to face ROH World Champion Rush later in the show.
  • PCO eliminated Dalton Castle in a #1 Contender's tournament semifinal.
  • Marty Scurll eliminated Jay Lethal in a #1 Contender's tournament semifinal.
  • Shane Taylor defeated J. Spade to retain the ROH TV title.
  • Kelly Klein defeated Angelina Love to win the WOH title.
  • The Briscoe Bros. defeated Luke Hawk and his son P.J. to retain the ROH Tag titles.
  • Alex Shelley defeated Jonathan Gresham.
  • Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams defeated Brody King & Flip Gordon.
  • Rush defeated SIlas Young to remain ROH World Champion.
  • PCO defeated Marty Scurll to win the #1 Contender's tournament and will face Rush at Final Battle.

20+ years after an unsuccessful stint in WCW, Master P and the No Limit Soldiers are back in pro wrestling after the rapper announced he bought the House of Glory promotion. HOG was launched in 2012 by The Amazing Red and BrianXL.

Jon Moxley and Zack Sabre Jr. were not able to make to NJPW's King of Pro Wrestling due to Typhoon Hagibis. Moxley's reign as IWGP US Champion came to an end as NJPW rules states that if a champion does not appear for an advertised title match, the title is vacated and up for grabs.

NJPW King of Pro Wrestling Results

• El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru defeated Roppongi3K.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma defeated MVP.
  • Tetsuya Naito & Shingo Takagi won via DQ against Taichi & Douki.
  • Minoru Suzuki defeated Jushin Thunder Liger.
  • Will Ospreay defeated El Phantasmo to retain the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title.
  • Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi defeated Jay White, Kenta & Yujiro Takahashi.
  • Lance Archer defeated Juice Robinson to become the new IWGP US Heavyweight champion. David Findlay returned to the ring since a shoulder injury in March and stopped Archer from beating up Juice after the bell.
  •  Kota Ibushi defeated Evil to keep the WrestleKingdom 14 main event briefcase.
  • Kazuchika Sanada retained the IWGP Heavyweight title by defeating Sanada.

WWE tried to buy Pro Wrestling NOAH and rebrand it as NXT Japan. It is rumored that it moved on and bought Big Japan Wrestling, which doesn't make sense as that is mostly a hardcore death match promotion.  

Another promotion in Japan was sold though. Rossy Ogawa, the founder of the top women's promotion Stardom, sold it to Bushiroad, the parent company of NJPW. He and all Stardom staff will remain with the company and will report to Kixroad, a subsidiary of Bushiroad that runs the kickboxing promotion Knocksouts. 

3 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

Another promotion in Japan was sold though. Rossy Ogawa, the founder of the top women's promotion Stardom, sold it to Bushiroad, the parent company of NJPW. He and all Stardom staff will remain with the company and will report to Kixroad, a subsidiary of Bushiroad that runs the kickboxing promotion Knocksouts. 

It's rumoured that NJPW might have it's own Women Division at somepoint in the future.

3 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

WWE tried to buy Pro Wrestling NOAH and rebrand it as NXT Japan.

I'm glad they didn't purchase this company, their like a giant wrestling promotion devouring Pac-Man.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 10/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, DragonClaws said:

It's rumoured that NJPW might have it's own Women Division at somepoint in the future.

It looks like they will have joint shows instead of merging into one company.  The only Japanese promotion to have both a men's and women's division was FMW. Great Muta's Wrestle-1 features women's matches at its major events but they are brought in from other promotions. 

BushiRoad announced plans for CharaExpo USA in Anaheim, CA, the site of last year's NJPW Lion's Break Project. NJPW and Stardom will both be there. The NJPW side of things will be called Lion's Break Project 2 while the following Stardom match was announced. 

stardomchara-e1571290898780.jpg?resize=7

It is unknown if the NJPW and Stardom matches take place on separate days or they alternate in a joint show. 

Things are getting even weirder in ROH. After doing promos and attacking random people after matches, Maria Manic's contract has expired and she is now attending a WWE tryout without ever wrestling a single match for ROH. Note even NWO chauffeur Vincent did two matches for WCW.

PCO recently gave an interview and said ROH should be on the rebound next year though.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/pco-on-reports-his-roh-contract-is-coming-up-soon-being-happy-in-roh-2020-plans/

On reports his ROH deal is coming up soon: “Yeah, my contract is coming up soon. But, I just think they’re going to do everything… You know, they’ve got great wrestlers here. Sinclair Broadcasting is huge. They’ve got all kinds of resources and talent in legal and marketing. I think there is a bright, bright future ahead for Ring of Honor. It is going to be very interesting going into 2020. There has been a lot of big moves that have been made lately. I can’t really say too much. I can’t predict the future that much. But, I can tell you that they (ROH) are going to be amazing in 2020! They’re going to surprise a lot of people who think they know what they’re talking about. They (ROH) are going to fight from under. I know what I’m talking about because there was a point that nobody believed in myself or what I could do. There was a point that I had to rebuild. I think I did pretty good. It would be super amazing. It would be a dream come true if ROH could pop off with PCO all together and the amazing talent and team that we’ve got. I know they’re working on some things. It is going to be very, very interesting. Keep Ring of Honor on your radar.”