I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

On 6/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, Asmo said:

Just got back from seeing NJPW live. Such an amazing night, with a few surprises. 

Did you get some good seat's, and who was on the card?.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 6/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, SunChien said:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/hardcore-legend-tommy-dreamer-contemplated-murder-suicide-at-wrestlemania/

Tommy Dreamer mentions that he was going to kill Paul Heyman at Wrestlemania X-7 in 2001 because Heyman up and left ECW without a word and got himself a nice gig at the WWF while the ECW guys were living on scraps.

Dreamer even turned down a big contract from WCW, which was stupid IMO, he should've left, even if he got a crappy gimmick like Mike Awesome, at least he could provide for his family.

He also credited Jim Ross with the voicemail that saved his life.

Cody received 12 stitches but no concussion when Shawn Spears gave him a chair shot to the head at AEW Fyter Fest.

Speaking of AEW Fyter Fest, Jim Cornette slammed the event:
Seriously? An amateur "hardcore" match in a kiddie pool and dueling librarians having a "ssshhh' fest in just the first hour, and people are complaining about a potato with a chair? A little memory loss would benefit EVERYBODY who watches @AEWrestling 's "Buy-In" shows.

Zenshi has signed with MLW. He makes his debut this Saturday at their Chicago event.

@Asmo, did you see Robbie Eagles defect from the Bullet Club to join CHAOS? Read that's what happened at the event.

Austin Gunn, the son of AEW's Billy Gunn, has signed with ROH.

Marty Scurll introduced the newest member of his Villain Enterprises stable and it is none other than Flip Gordon. The stable consists now of Scurll, Gordon, Brody King and PCO

Edited by AlbertV

NJPW Southern Showdown Results

Melbourne:

• Toa Henare, Shota Umino & Nick Bury defeated Michael Richards, Andrew Villalobos & Mark Tui.
  • Slex defeated Aaron Solow.
  • Toru Yano & Yoh defeated Taiji Ishimori & Gino Gambino.
  • Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-hashi defeated Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi.
  • El Phantasmo defeated Rocky Romero to retain the RevPro British Cruiserweight title.
  • G.O.D. defeated Juice Robinson & Mikey Nicholls to retain the IWGP Tag titles.
  • Will Ospreay retained the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title against Robbie Eagles. El Phantasmo harassed Eagles afterwards and was knocked out with a forearm.
  • Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Jay White & Bad Luck Fale.

Sydney:

• Andrew Villalobos & Michael Richards defeated Stevie & Tome Filip.
  • Rocky Romero defeated Tony Kozina.
  • Jack Bonza defeated Mick Moretti.
  • Chase Owens defeated Aaron Solow.
  • Juice Robinson, Mikey Nicholls, & Toru Yano defeated G.O.D. & Gino Gambino.
  • Tomohiro Ishii defeated Toa Henare.
  • Will Ospreay, Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Robbie Eagles, Jay White & Bad Luck Fale. Eagles then defected to Chaos.

ROH Best in the World Results

•  Rush defeated Flip Gordon.
  • Dalton Castle defeated Dragon Lee.
  • The Allure defeated Kelly Klein & Jenny Rose.
  • Kenny King defeated Jay Lethal to even up the best of three series at one a piece.
  • Jonathan Gresham defeated Silas Young in a Pure/Scientific Rules match. ROH said that it still has the defunct Pure title.
  • Nick Aldis & Eli Drake and the Briscoes went to a double count-out.
  • Shane Taylor defeated Bandido to retain the ROH TV title.
  • Villain Enterprises defeated Tracy Williams and Mark Haskins  of LifeBlood & P.J. Black. The Sons of Savagery attacked LifeBlood and Black after the match. Bandido ran in to help them but was cut off by Bully Ray. Flip Gordon came out with a kendo stick and chased Bully Ray and SOS away. Gordon faked joining LifeBlood before Villain Enterprises showed up and introduced him as the fourth member. Villain Enterprises then attacked LifeBlood.
  • Matt Taven defeated Jeff Cobb to retain the ROH World Championship.

Flip Gordon would dislocate his elbow on that 450 but doctors managed to pop it back into place. Alex Shelley came out of retirement and returned to ROH.

That chair shot to Cody Rhodes was definitely rough. I’ve read a lot of people who are upset that AEW are doing head shots with chairs.

I didn’t watch the pre-show but the whole PPV was great. It was also my first death match so that was an experience (the Mosley one, I mean).

The Club reunited on Raw when AJ Styles lost to Ricochet, who retained his WWE United States Champion.

The Undertaker will team with Roman Reigns to face Drew McIntyre and Shane McMahon at Extreme Rules

After defeating Elias in a 2 out of 3 falls, The Miz is set on getting revenge on Shane

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That chair shot to Cody Rhodes was definitely rough. I’ve read a lot of people who are upset that AEW are doing head shots with chairs.

They knew it was going to draw attention, thats why they did it. Wrestling is a rough profession, where exactly do they draw the line?. Later in the show they had someone going through a table with barbed wire on it. I know in a the post Chris Benoit wrestling world, chair shots to the head are not looked upon in a good light.

It looks like John Cena will be sporting a new style for Fast & Furious 9. He can't reveal anything but he sports a new look. He went on Weibo and told his Chinese fans about it. LOL

Edited by AlbertV

Some re-caps video's, from one of the great Wrestling promotions of all time.

The Knock-Out's take over IMPACT Wrestling, this Sunday at Slammiversary.

James E.Cornette gives his honest thuoughts on AEW Fyter Fest and a whole lot more.

Edited by DragonClaws

Is Kevin Owens becoming the new "Stone Cold"? Have a feeling he will impact Reigns/Undertaker vs. McMahon/McIntyre at Extreme Rules this weekend.

Mark Copani, the former Muhammad Hassan, is now a junior high school principal in Oswego County, New York. His job started July 1st. Before that, he was assistant principal at a nearby high school. He had this to say:
“From my vantage point, I’ve been able to see what many of our young men and women are lacking as they enter ninth grade. I’m eager to get started with my faculty and staff so we can work together to prepare junior high students for the transition to the high school, which ultimately will help prepare students for life after school.”

Joey Janela and Enzo Amore got into a fist fight at a Blink 182/Lil Wayne concert. Janela confirmed he was drunk and attempted to pick a fight with Enzo.

While still on hiatus Sasha Banks was seen in Japan, where she is training with the girls of the Sendai promotion, Meiko Satomura, and former Kaientai member Dick Togo. Rumor has it, Banks will return to WWE later this summer (SummerSlam maybe?)

Alberto Del Rio is returning to mixed martial arts and his opponent will be none other than MMA legend and occasional actor Tito Ortiz for Combate Americas. (ESPN)

Cesaro will face Aleister Black at Extreme Rules.

Rhino's appearance at Impact's Slammiversary will NOT land him in hot water with WWE as his contract expires next week.

Io Shirai turned heel on NXT

5 hours ago, Burnout29 said:

Bloody stumped, cannot get the video to show like you guys.  I can only assume I haven't earned privileges for it yet.

It happens to everyone, sometime for whatever reason a YT video can only be posted in link form.

The latest heavy rumor is that Impact Wrestling is moving to AXS TV. It probably won't have any effect on the channel's NJPW coverage since Don Callis is a mutual employee of both promotions.

NJPW announced a fall tour for the US. It is reusing the name Fighting Spirit Unleashed for the event.

• 9/27 - Lowell Memorial Auditorium, Boston, MA
  • 9/28 - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
  • 9/29 - 2300 "ECW" Arena, Philadelphia, PA

And I'll just leave this here...

On 7/13/2019 at 3:12 AM, HyperDrive said:

And I'll just leave this here...

When you have larg Saudi Arabian money invested in your company, or resting in your bank account. There's no need to worry about Live show attendance or Rating's anymore. It's not like the company was short of cash before the Saudi deal either.

Edited by DragonClaws