Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

New Japan announced the lineup and blocks for G1 Climax 29.

Block A:

• Kazuchika Okada
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Evil
  • Sanada
  • Bad Luck Fale
  • Lance Archer
  • Will Ospreay
  • Kenta

Block B:

• Tetsuya Naito
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Juice Robinson
  • Toru Yano
  • Hirooki Goto
  • Jay White
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Shingo Takagi
  • Taichi
  • Jon Moxley

Davey Boy Smith Jr. has left NJPW. I'm guessing he will work MLW full time. 

On this episode of "Ow My Neck!".....

Scarlett Bordeaux was granted her release from Impact Wrestling. If you didn't hear, she was the victim of a fan incident this past weekend at a AAA event. When she performed a dive outside the ring, as she was getting up, a fan groped her and security did nothing. She issued a statement: 
”It is NEVER okay to touch a performer without their consent. I didn’t realize what happened until I watched the footage afterwards being so in the moment after a dive with my back turned otherwise I would have reacted much differently. Thnx to @LadyShaniAAA for having my back”

While Bordeaux is done with Impact, someone who was attempting to get their release granted but will not is Killer Kross. Kross aired his grievances on a Wrestling Perspective podcast and Impact officials are angry not only with him but Petey Williams, who is a current writer and producer at Impact. 

Davey Boy Smith Jr. has left New Japan Pro Wrestling. Rumors are circulating he may be heading to Impact Wrestling. NJPW is not happy with Impact, still holding a grudge for their misuse of Okada in 2010, which effectively ended their partnership. Despite an attempt in 2017 to renew the partnership as Impact was rebranded and started over, NJPW still holds the grudge and refuses to work with Impact. They are only working with Ring of Honor at the moment.