Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

AJ-Styles.jpg

In an interview with Newsweek, AJ Styles has announced that his recently renewed contract with WWE will be his final contract. In other words, when his contract is up, Styles is retiring from professional wrestling.

“I can tell you that this contract that I’ve signed is my last. This is the perfect place for me to be. It’s family-oriented, I have no problem taking my family to the shows. It’s a PG product, which I enjoy. I’m in the best place I can be for my career.”

Just a tiny snap-shot, of some of the recent goings on. In the ever expanding world of Pro-Wrestling.

Edited by DragonClaws

I thought Double or Nothing was fantastic. I had never had the pleasure of watching 90% of the roster before so seeing all these new faces pull of amazing stuff was a joy.

Dustin and Cody's match was surprisingly emotional, not to mention bloody as hell. I loved The Young Bucks and Lucha Bros. Their move repertoires were outstanding. And while I didn't love Omedga vs Jericho, it was fine. I like that they thrust Jon Moxley into the limelight right away.

Natalya will make WWE history as the 1st female in-ring competitor for the Super ShowDown event in Saudi Arabia this Friday.

Jon Moxley is the new IWGP United States Champion, defeating Juice Robinson at the Best of the Super Juniors tournament with a new finisher called the Death Rider.

The Blue Flame - Kiera Hogan.

For anyone who missed this on ITV first time round.

Edited by DragonClaws

NJPW Dominion Results:

• Jon Moxley squashed rookie Shota Umino and announced his intention to enter the G1 Climax Tournament.
  • Shingo Takagi defeated Satoshi Kojima and also announced he was going into the G1,
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & Yoshi-hashi defeated Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Jay White, Taiji Ishimori & Chase Owens.
  • Tomohiro Ishii defeated Taichi to become the Never Openweight champion. It's the second time Taichi has lost that belt on his first defense.
  • G.O.D. defeated Evil & Sanada to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Tag titles.
  • Will Ospreay became the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion by defeating Dragon Lee.
  • Tetsuya Naito took the IWGP Intercontinental title back from Kota Ibushi.
  • Kazuchika Okada retained the IWGP Heavyweight title by defeating Chris Jericho.

Katsuyori Shibata introduced Kenta (aka Hideo Itami) who announced he was in the G1 as well.

Today at the postDominion press conference, Jushin Thunder Liger announced he was producing a new Super J-Cup tournament to be held in America.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:22 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Tye Dillinger aka Shawn Spears will be making his debut for AEW at Double or Nothing.

And he is now officially signed with All Elite Wrestling

Liv Morgan debuted a new finisher at a dark match on SmackDown Live!

Former Impact Wrestling star Samuel Shaw has joined NXT and will be known as Dexter Lumis

Andrade and Charlotte Flair were no-shows at this week's house shows for a sad reason: Andrade's mother passed away while he was in Jeddah for the Super ShowDown. Condolences to Andrade and his family.

ACH is getting a new name on NXT. He is now known as Jordan Myles

Check out the new AEW merch!

16 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Liv Morgan debuted a new finisher at a dark match on SmackDown Live!

That's a cool finisher but I feel it's like Seth Rollin's Curb Stomp in that the set up will never look natural. Assuming she does it off the ropes each time. And poor Ember Moon. Is she jobbing to Liv Morgan now?