I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2019

WWE Worlds Collide (NXTUK vs NXT, vs 205 Live) results:

• Tyler Bate (UK) defeated Brian Kendrick (205).
  • Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews (UK) defeated Ariya Daivari & Mike Kanellis (205).
  • Ligero (UK) defeated Albert Hardie Jr. (aka ACH) (NXT) and Gran Metalik (205).
  • Jordan Devlin (UK) defeated Akira Tozawa (205).

The 205 Live dudes jobbed the whole show. Lol

NJPW Sengoku Lord results:

• Ren Narita & Shota Umino defeated Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura.
  • Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, El Deperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taka Michinoku defeated Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tomoaki Honma & Toa Henare. 
  • Most Violent Players & Dragon Lee defeated G.O.D. & Taiji Ishimori.
  • Mikey Nicholls pinned Chase Owens.
  • Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Jay White & Hikuleo.
  • Tetsuya Naito, Bushi, Evil, Sanada & Shingo Takagi defeated Kazuchika Okada, Roppongi3K, Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-hashi.
  • Juice Robinson retained the IWGP US Heavyweight title against Bad Luck Fale.
  • Kota Ibushi retained the IWGP Intercontinental title against Zack Sabre Jr. He was then challenged by Tetsuya Naito.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:13 AM, DragonClaws said:

Yes, it was official that Dustin Rhodes had asked for his release from WWE and it was granted. Because of the fact he asked for the request and his let his contract expire, there is no 90-day non-compete clause for him. So this will allow him to take on his brother Cody at Double or Nothing.

Matt Jackson revealed why since starting All Elite Wrestling, he hasn't been seen in a ring for a while.

“I’ve been performing in a wrestling ring since I was 16 years old. I’ve never taken a long break, even for injury. I just kept going. This current break has been the longest I’ve ever taken. I’ve needed it to recharge my body, my mind, and to start a brand new company. But most importantly, I needed this to make up for lost time with my family. I haven’t forgotten about all of our amazing fans. We’ll be back on the biggest adventure yet! Nothing but love.”

But The Young Bucks will return to the ring at Double or Nothing

Dean Ambrose wrestled his final WWE match last night when The Shield had their final reunion and took on Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley, and Drew McIntrye with a victory. Ambrose leaves WWE this week, rumors are he may either take a long break due to "burn out" or possibly go to AEW or another promotion. Like Dustin Rhodes, there is no 90-day compete clause because his contract had expired so Ambrose can go wherever he wants. Seth Rollins is the Universal Champion on RAW and Roman Reigns has been drafted to Smackdown Live from last week's Shakeup.

The WWE Performance Center has had guest coaches lately including the former Kizarny (Sinn Bondi), Mike Quackenbush, Ace Steel, and X-Pac. And who has reported to the WWEPC this week for training? KUSHIDA (who has signed with WWE and will join NXT), Shane Strickland, and Garza Jr.

Kairi Sane has joined the main roster, going to the Blue Brand

Edited by AlbertV

Granted, I don't know much about the AEW roster (I've rarely strayed from WWE) but isn't Cody going up against Dustin going to be a bit of a dud? I don't know about Cody these days but Dustin's glory days are long gone. He hasn't looked good in ages.

WWE Changes Viking Experience Name Again Amid Fan Backlash

Without an official announcement, WWE.com now refers to the NXT Tag-Team Champions as the Viking Raiders. It appears the subtle change was made on Monday afternoon.

Source- https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/04/22/wwe-changes-viking-experience-name-again-amidst-fan-backlash/#3f91c0523ff3

Paige has a new tag team she's managing: Asuka and Kairi Sane

Becky Lynch will defend both her Raw and SmackDown Women's Titles in two separate matches at Money in the Bank

After over 900 days, Jazz has stepped down as NWA's Women's Champion

Was that something off of Robot Chicken that I just watched?

Bobby Roode has changed his in-ring name to Robert Roode.

The Viking Raiders may have had their name changed yet again..... 

Famous youtube wrestling interviewer Chris Van Vliet talked with AEW's Tony Khan about the company.

NJPW revealed the lineup for the annual Best of the Super Juniors tournament:

• Ryusuke Taguchi
  • Tiger Mask
  • Rocky Romero
  • Sho
  • Yoh
  • Will Ospreay
  • Taiji Ishimori
  • El Desperado
  • Taka Michinoku
  • Yoshinobu Kanemaru
  • Bushi
  • Flip Gordon
  • Titan
  • Marty Scurll
  • Dragon Lee
  • Robbie Eagles
  • Jonathan Gresham
  • Bandido
  • Shingo Takagi
  • X (most likely the debut of El Phantasmo but could be Hiromu Takahashi's triumphant return)

Shadia Bseiso and Nasser Alruwayeh were released by WWE. They were part of a tryout session in Dubai in 2017 with Nasser being Kuwait's first signee with the company and Shadia being the first Middle Eastern woman to officially sign with the company. The couple, who announced their engagement in January didn't make much of an impact in NXT. 

So here's something interesting involving the Superstar ShakeUp. The reasons why AndradeAleister Black, and Zelina Vega were moved to SmackDown seems to be because WWE wants to keep real-life couples together. Black is married to Vega in real-life and Andrade has been in a relationship with Charlotte Flair. FOX, who will obtain SmackDown in the fall, mentioned they wanted more Latino WWE stars for the show as well in terms of Andrade and Vega. To balance things out, Cesaro moved to Raw.

KUSHIDA will make his NXT debut next week

Rhea Ripley is getting major heat. A video of her using a very homophobic rant has surfaced and she has since apologized.

There seems to be turmoil within The Undisputed Era

Homophobic slurs (and slurs in general) shouldn't be tolerated but, in the video, you can tell it's a case of Ripley's mouth speaking faster than her brain can think. Granted, in 2019 no one should be using that word but I think it was an honest mistake. 

Apparently, Lucha Underground and AAA's Dorian Roldan are planning to end cease and desist letters to both NWA and ROH over using Willie Mack. The company has been in serious trouble as of late. A class action lawsuit resulted in El Hido del Fantasma, Ivelisse, Joey Ryan and Kobra Moon being let out of their contracts. Now, it looks like Jeff Cobb, Famous B, and current AEW signee Sonny Kiss are also planning a class action lawsuit against Lucha Underground to get their releases and speaking of Mack, he may be planning to join the suit as it is said that his loss for the NWA National Title was due to his contract with LU. (eWrestlingNews)

After winning the Impact Championship from Johnny Impact at Rebellion, Brian Cage was hospitalized with a legitimate injury, which is believed to have been the Spanish Fly spot off the rampway to the floor in their match. Michael Elgin challenged Cage before attacking him and hitting him with a spinning powerbomb post-match. LAX are the new Impact Tag Team Champs, defeating the Lucha Bros

Dean Ambrose (now known as Jon Moxley) has posted some sort of promo on his Twitter. It seems like he might be going to another promotion after WWE. Some have speculated that the numbers on the dice (two and five) indicate he's going to AEW as their Double or Nothing PPV is on the 25th of this month.

Due to an injured knee, Jeff Hardy had to relinquish the SmackDown Tag Team Titles along with brother Matt Hardy.

Roman Reigns explains why he punched Mr. McMahon on SmackDown Live!