I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
DragonClaws

New & Vintage Hong Kong/Asian T.V Report's on BL (Subtitled in English)

Another subtitled clip, taken from one of many TVB reports, this one features former Hong Kong actor & singer Do Ping. Pictured below, with BL, during a different HKTVB appearance.

Can anyone I-D the film/documentary this old HKTVB footage is taken from?. The strange narration claims BL didnt want to be filmed, which of course isnt true, he was appearing on a T.V show to start to with. Many fans know the footage was secretly filmed by a member of the audience or T.V crew.

8 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Curious, have you read Mathew Polly's new book? I'm totally engrossed in it at the moment.

It's on my to buy list, sounds like a very good book, but I'm not short of BL books, and there's other priorities at the moment.

The main reason I've held off, is due to the amount of un-read books I currnetly have, even managed to pick up more over Christmas as gifts. Once I've made a dent in that pile, I'll get round to Polly's book, I know he's made some changes/corrections for the softbook re-issue, when that hits shelves I dont know?.

1972-06-24 HK-TVB Operation Relief Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee HK-TVB Operation Relief variety show 1972-06-24. The disaster killed and wounded around 156 people and 117 accordingly caused by landslips and landslides happened on 1972-06-24.

Has this image been lifted from the privately owned HKTVB footage?.

Source- https://racingmemories.hk/photogallery/1972-06-24-hk-tvb-operation-relief-bruce-lee/

1972-06-24-HK-TVB-Operation-Relief-Bruce

More clips from the 1973 HKTVB T.V Special, on BL's passing, these have yet to be given English translations.

There's countless BL docuemtnaries outhere, but none of them feature this footage, due to HKTVB corporation, asking very high prices, for use of their Little Dragon related content.

Edited by DragonClaws

Was there more footage from this interview?

Anyone know of a subtitled(English) version of this 1983 HKTVB appearance?. For some reason Golden Harvest, just used stills from this interview, in the BL The Legend docuemtnary from the same year, maybe the footage cost too much to use back then?.

TVB presenter Ivan Ho Bee, appears in this short English susbtitled, interview clip.

July 5th, 1973 Interview with Bruce Lee on Hong Kong's TVB variety show, Enjoy Yourself Tonight. Interviewer 'Ivan' Ho Bee talks to Bruce about the alleged fight between Bruce and Lo Wei. And the staged strike that Ivan Ho Bee took from Bruce that sent him flying across the stage.

1980 HK-TVB Bruce Lee's TV Special, “Kung Fu Superstar" hosted by Ivan Ho and Lydia Shum. Interviewees include Brother Henry and Master Siu Hon San.

It would be cool to see this subtitled in English one day.