Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) - Simu Liu, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Awkwafina

18 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Another name possibly on the list is Ross Butler, who is best known for playing Reggie Mantle on season 1 of Riverdale before being replaced by Charles Melton. Butler is 6'2" but has no real martial arts skills. 

Wrong answer. Can't have this. Nope.

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Wrong answer. Can't have this. Nope.

I totally agree! Ludi Lin would make a better choice. I would personally want to cast Andy Long Nguyen or Andy Le in the role though *sigh*

According to a report by Variety, Marvel is looking for an actor in his 20s and is strictly of Chinese descent, no other Asian ethnicity. Chances are that Marvel may be looking for a newcomer? I thought of one name in this case and it would be great to see him again on screen: Wang Zhenwei, who played bully Cheng in The Karate Kid remake. He fits the bill, He's 23, Chinese, and a wushu champion. I would love to see him get a shot at playing Shang-Chi. 

However, despite the age portion, more fan-excited names that came up include Daniel WuHuang ZitaoMax ZhangAshton Chen (the former Sik Siu-Lung), Jackson Wang and Eddie Peng

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/marvel-shang-chi-china-avengers-1203268595/

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/marvels-casting-criteria-for-shang-chi/

10 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've seen a  number of people mention Daniel Wu. The dude is 44! They should definitely aim for younger than that. I hope they go for a mid-twenties actor rather than someone super young.

They are. And they also need someone who actually has martial arts skills to boot. Not just train for the film and be constantly doubled. They want to make it authentic? Find someone who knows his stuff.

In comic Shang Chi is 19 so have no trouble if actor is "superyoung" as long as martial skills are up to standards. It would likely make better serie than movie but certainly looking forward to it...