I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
ShawAngela

California on fire

I heard the news this morning that there are big fires in California.

All my thoughts go to the victims and their families and I hope that if there are any Californian members here, they won't suffer from the fire.

I'm about 80 miles from the fires. Thankfully it doesn't seem too bad where I am (despite the dry weather and occasionally ash), but I hope everyone is okay and that the fires can be contained quickly.

2 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

I'm about 80 miles from the fires. 

Ditto, but about 80 miles from the Paradise fire.  The smoke here was so bad the last few days that fire departments were handing out masks.  The homeless especially needed masks, because they had little chance of taking refuge inside to escape the smoke.

I'm 200 miles from Paradise, CA and it's been "smoky" every day since the fire started. Definitely scary stuff. 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:22 AM, KenHashibe said:

I hope everyone is okay and that the fires can be contained quickly.

Everyone is not okay. The death toll is now 56 in the Northern California wildfire; 130 are still on the missing list.

3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Everyone is not okay. The death toll is now 56 in the Northern California wildfire; 130 are still on the missing list.

I think I misspoke. I meant to say I hope those on the forum are all okay and I wish the best to those who are currently being impacted by the fires. Sorry, I should've clarified what I meant.

My condolences to the victims of these fires and their families.

Edited by KenHashibe