I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Asmo

R.I.P. Raymond Chow Man Wai

Looks like English-language news hasn't broken yet, but he passed away. 

https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local/realtime/article/20181102/58868228

This man was responsible for greenlighting so many classics, helping launch so many careers, and arguably changing HK cinema all through Golden Harvest. Say what you will about his practices, but HK cinema would be very different without his company, and contributions. 

R.I.P.

R.I.P. 

postman.png

7 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Golden Harvest rules!!!

For my personal taste Golden Harvest, has my favourite original library of martial art movies of any motion picture company.

Golden Harvest also had my favourite logo of any movie company. I'm specifically referring to the "Big G" 1978-1997 version which starts at 01:37 in the video below:

1 hour ago, danthemandmv said:

He had as great an impact on martial arts/action cinema as his former boss, Sir Run Run Shaw. Rest In Peace, Raymond Chow.

Yes they were two of the great movie moguls. Who both dominated Chinese language cinema in away that is unlikely to ever be repeated.

R.I.P Raymond Chow.

c204b36c-ef5f-11e6-8960-2c6b8565de23_128

The first Hong Kong productions I've ever viewed were Golden Harvest movies, The BL flick's and Hand of Death/Prodigal Son/The Young Master. His productions heavily saturated the U.K video stores, during my teen's, much to my appreciaiton.

18 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The first Hong Kong productions I've ever viewed were Golden Harvest movies

Same goes for me. The first Hong Kong movies I saw were; The Accidental Spy, Rumble in the Bronx and Police Story. Then after those I got into Hong Kong Legends which a large amount, perhaps the majority were Golden Harvest movies.

Yueh Hua, Jin Yong and now Raymond.... the great men are departing this world in droves it seems. Thank You Mr. Chow for bringing out countless classics and leaving behind a fabulous legacy that will hopefully be enjoyed forever. Rest In Peace

Did they ever publish the complete interview online?.

From Shaw Brothers to Golden Harvest to Bruce Lee to Jackie Chan. Interview with the legendary producer Raymond Chow who received a Lifetime Achievement award at the 5th Asian Film Awards ceremony on March 21st, 2011. Full interview on Twitch coming soon.

Edited by DragonClaws