Sign in to follow this  
DragonClaws

Furie a.k.a Hai Phuong: Starring Ngo Thanh Van (2019)

On 2/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Drunken Monk said:

If anyone's interested...

Capture.PNG

Hey people, just a reminder: Well Go USA has given this a limited theatrical engagement, and it's playing on screens right now. Sadly, due to a tight work schedule it looks like I won't get to see it that way. 😞

I'm not aware of a release date yet, but I'll definitely be purchasing this Blu-ray on day one of its release. 🤓

10 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Isn't this on Netflix?

Nope. Some websites announced that it was but I think they confused it with Maria. This doesn't get a release until June 25th.

14 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Isn't this on Netflix?

It's supposed to be on there, it's up on their official site right now @Karlos. This was a Netlfix movie right?, or do they buy the rights and then claim its one of theirs?.

Furie

2019 1h 37m Action Thrillers

When traffickers kidnap her daughter from their village, vengeful Hai Phuong returns to Saigon -- and her outlaw roots -- to take down the abductors.

Link- https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81075519

Edited by DragonClaws

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

I think it's on Netflix...but isn't available to watch yet? I could be wrong. The link @DragonClaws posted is only giving me the chance to rate it, not watch it.

This is taken from the same page, I made the link to.

Watch now on Netflix

Vietnamese superstar Veronica Ngo ("Bright") not only stars in but also produced this Vovinam-heavy action thriller.

As far as I remember, trailers for Maria and Furie came out around the same time. I wasn't impressed with Maria at all and was very interested in watching Furie.

Now, when I watched both movies, I gotta say, to my surprise, I liked Maria more

Furie has better acting(maybe because nobody was speaking broken English), has somewhat better defined characters,  but it also has too much drama for my taste and not enough action. Except for the first fight where the main heroine beats some thugs at the market, the rest fights are much better choreographed and executed. They all cramped in the last 30 min, while for the whole first hour we don't have any real action

While being a better movie overall and featuring better fights(comparing to Maria), I still didn't like Furie as much