I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Silver and Gold Dragon

East meets West: in the "Eastern Westerns" or "Western Easterns".

I thought I'd make a thread to discuss about movies that mix elements of the old American west with the old Asian east. While unfortunately most of them don't seem to be that good I still find the concept interesting, however my favourites are The Millionaires' Express, SHANGHAI NOON and RED SUN. Others I'm aware of include THE STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER aka BLOOD MONEY, THE FIGHTING FISTS OF SHANGHAI JOE, DRAGON BLOOD, SUN DRAGON, ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA & AMERICA, SHANGHAI KNIGHTS and SUKIYAKI WESTERN DJANGO.

MV5BZDY1NjRiZjEtNjhlZC00ZTdjLWIwNTItZjM5

Alain Delon and Toshiro Mifune on the set of RED SUN:

MV5BMTNkYjEyMzAtYjUyZC00YTY2LWE0OTEtYjgy

The Good The Bad The Weird, a 2008 South Korean western set in Manchuria in 1939, with a treasure map, a bounty hunter, Manchurian bandits, and the Japanese army.  It has a great soundtrack too. 

The Good the Bad the Weird Poster

Good The Bad The Weird O.S.T.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I thought I'd make a thread to discuss about movies that mix elements of the old American west with the old Asian east.

Good idea for a thread @Silver and Gold Dragon.

The following production I've never viewed, it might lean more towards the swordplay genre?.

Warrior'sWay.jpg

Actress Kate Bosworth.

the_warrior_s_way33.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

On 9/23/2018 at 12:02 AM, DragonClaws said:

Love this movie,it was the first Kung fu movie I ever saw.👍👍👍👍👍👍

On 10/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, ShawAngela said:

Savate looks interesting !

I enjoyed it, and my girlfriend even stuck it out until the end, though that might have had more to do with, ex French special forces member Olivier Gruner.

Edited by DragonClaws

Not the greatest movie ever made, but this is the best looking print I've seen for this pubic domian movie?. When I viewed this on T.V, it was the common cropped full screen print. Which was also heavily scratched up.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:44 PM, DragonClaws said:

I enjoyed it, and my girlfriend even stuck it out until the end, though that might have had more to do with, ex French special forces member Olivier Gruner.

I believe this was a made for cable movie, remember seeing it on HBO in the 90s and taped it. Oliver had some good, quick kicks in this and I enjoyed it too. Don't know if you've seen Angel Town but it's his best imo.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, DragonClaws said:

Not the greatest movie ever made, but this is the best looking print I've seen for this pubic domian movie?. When I viewed this on T.V, it was the common cropped full screen print. Which was also heavily scratched up.

Got the German DVD of this from the X Rated label and I believe that's the same print. It's not bad for the time it was made. The star Chen Lee is actually a Karate stylist.

15 hours ago, CT KID said:

Got the German DVD of this from the X Rated label and I believe that's the same print. It's not bad for the time it was made. The star Chen Lee is actually a Karate stylist.

Hoped it might have been done by some Western fan's, rather than lifted from an official release.