I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Koravec

Did you go to a comic convention this year? What did you get?

Did you go to a comic convention this year? What did you get?

How was it? What did you purchase there?  

(pertains to following years as well if this threads gains any traction at all)

I use to frequent the "Big Apple Comic Con" & the "New York Comic Con" but haven't been to one in ages.

I used attend the "Chiller Theatre Convent" every year but haven't been to one recently.

If I have the time I may attend this year as I see that they have a few "reunions" taking place.

Love Boat "Reunion", Good Times "Reunion", The Ladies of the "Evil Dead", LA Law "Reunion", Day of the Dead "Reunion", etc.

Also there will be guest like Robert Wagner, Jill St. John, Stephanie Powers, Loretta Swit, Barbara Eden, Kelly Hu, Carmen Electra and many more there.

Link below

http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm

I love going to cons.  When I lived in Oklahoma, I mostly did the one in Dallas, i.e. FanExpoDallas / Fan Days.  Now that I'm in Montana, I don't really have a great con spot, but recently went to Seattle's Ace comicon and that was a blast.  Wife and I do lots of Cosplay.  We mostly go for the Q&A panels and photo ops so I don't really buy anything at vendors.  Can probably post pics later today when I get home from work.

I just got back from Cincinnati comic expo. The second one Ive been to. Its super cool to see all the different people there (not even cosplyers necessarily). So many interesting people that it may even make the celebrities there seem boring.

Ive just bought a bunch of little things (junk to just toss in a drawer or something) and artists' stickers if they appeal to me (to put on skateboard decks). 

852F1685-DD90-4B87-9682-C942F36825AF.jpegBut yeah I agree, its really not about buying stuff there as just enjoying it if you can. Autographs are too expensive, I missed the chance to get a Stan lee signature from the year before I went and didnt want to shell out the cash for Jason isaacs the year after.

Went to an anime expo too (I know about as much about anime as comics, almost nothing) which was really lackluster.

Edited by Koravec

Yup! I went to a Comic-Con with my niece. She is really into CosPlaying right now. I picked up some cool stuff while I was there:

I got several figures of Harley Quinn

Got some more comics to add to my Marvel Civil War collection( Trying to get the whole event)

Also got the entire Spawn set in the Dark Ages collection( Which is awesome so far!)\

Also won a PS2 from a Blind box! Gave it to my Nephew since he is the one that picked the box out. 

Got me a metal Bookmark that has Harley Quinn on it, as well as a poster of her signed by the artist(Yeah, I love me some Harley Quinn).

Also got a drawing of Raven(DC) signed by the artist. 

I think I also picked up some First Edition D&D books from that one. Not sure though, it might have been from the one before that. 

The past couple of years my family & I have been going to Kami-Con in when it's hosted here in January. Not comic book related per se; more anime driven, but still really cool. My girls are into cosplay, and my wife digs making costumes. This past year we met the voice actors for the 4 main characters of RWBY (and if you've never heard of or seen this, check it out). Johnny Yung Bosch was there, too, and I was going to get him to sign my copy of Wicked Game (aka Extreme Heist) and Death Grip, but the line was insanely long and I was never going to get to him before the slated time was over.

Saw this picture from the convention I went to and thought it was really cool. I didnt see either of these people there, but theres certainly some great cosplay if you stick around long enough and keep your eyes out.

image.jpeg