DragonClaws

Jackie Chan: 88 Films Blu-Ray Releases

On 10/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, Karlos said:

My copy of CRIME STORY has just arrived and it's a fantastic release.

@KUNG FU BOBthe artwork really is the cherry on the cake - just beautiful, brother!

Thanks brother @Karlos!

4 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

'Miracles' is now up for pre-order on 88 Films website. :smile Amazing artwork by @KUNG FU BOB once again, to put the icing on the cake. :cool
I've just ordered 2 (one as a Christmas pressie). 

https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/miracles-the-canton-godfather-1

@kingofkungfu2002 I'm glad to hear that you like it. And to both of you, and everyone else that's buying these releases- kudos! I know a lot of already own some or all of these films (I already own around 4-6 different releases of each of these Chan titles), so it's even cooler that you are supporting these. And the good news... it's not for nuthin'. I received my copies of CRIME STORY today and the film has never looked better! The PQ is absolutely stunning. I just watched the film in preparation to create the art, and no other version I've seen can hold a candle to the 88 Films Blu-ray. Simply stunning looking.

Doing the artwork for official releases of Jackie Chan films is definitely a new career high for me. So glad I can share my love for Hong Kong cinema with the world in a unique and lasting way. I'm honored to think people will have my work on their shelves representing movies I've geeked out about for decades. When I opened that box and my wife and I held the copies of it... well, it was a moment I'll never forget.

Here's what is included on the upcoming MIRACLES Blu-ray, which is up for pre-order right now at: https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/miracles-the-canton-godfather-1

Info from 88 Films' website...

This item is a PRE-ORDER with a street date of December 9th, 2019. Any additional items purchased alongside this one will NOT ship until all items are in hand at our warehouse.

An optimistic Gwok Zan-Waa (Jackie Chan) arrives in Hong Kong, quickly finding himself impoverished. That is, until a serendipitous encounter with a rose seller (Gua Ah-Leh) leads to his inadvertent appointment as boss of a local gang. Amidst the reluctant leader’s efforts to reform their fraternity and businesses, is an endeavour to share his new-found fortune with the bestower, all whilst trying to stave off rivals and the authorities. A remake of Frank Capra’s ‘Pocketful of Miracles’, Miracles - also known by its Hong Kong English title ‘Mr Canton and Lady Rose’ - is an action-comedy-romance set against a backdrop of lavish elegance and style.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Limited Edition Gloss O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only - 3000] New artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien [check out his webshop for awesome kung fu prints here]
  • Limited Edition 44 page Booklet: Miracles On Set: William Blaik takes a look back at the JC Stunt Team’s Future Stars and Hidden Gems [Booklet notes]. The Old Way of the Dragon: Inspiration, Techniques and making Miracles by Scott Harrison [Booklet notes] featuring rare stills, posters, lobby cards, behind the scenes photos, production stills and more [First Print Run Only - 3000]
  • Brand-new 4K restorations of the Original Hong Kong cut (Mr Canton & Lady Rose - 127 mins) and the International cut (Miracles aka Black Dragon - 107 mins) in original 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Remastered Original Cantonese Mono Soundtrack
  • Alternate Cantonese Mono Soundtrack featuring a unique mix and dfferent music cues
  • Newly-translated English Subtitles and SDH [optional]
  • Classic English Dub for the International cut with optional SDH
  • ‘Teaser’ with clips from the main features of ‘Project A II’, ‘Police Story 2’, followed by behind-the scenes of ‘Miracles’
  • Alternative The Canton Godfather title sequence
  • [New] Jackie Chan: Film Director Featurette with Steve Lawson
  • Hong Kong Trailer
  • Double-sided artwork with both original Hong Kong poster art and International poster art

TECHNICAL SPECS
        • Region Code: B
        • Audio: DTS-HD MA Dual Mono
        • Picture: 1080p HD 2.35:1
        • Runtime: 127 [HK cut] 107 [International cut] mins approx
        • Language: Cantonese / English
        • Subtitles: English

On 10/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

unnamed3.jpg

Once agin excellent work! Thank you for your work on these they’re awesome really nice to see such care being given to these movies we all love. I see 88 are releasing Heart of the Dragon in March!! Can’t wait, will you be providing us with more art? Be a shame not too really!

On 11/6/2019 at 1:52 PM, Drunksnake said:

Once agin excellent work! Thank you for your work on these they’re awesome really nice to see such care being given to these movies we all love. I see 88 are releasing Heart of the Dragon in March!! Can’t wait, will you be providing us with more art? Be a shame not too really!

Very happy to hear you like them. Thank you!

Yes, I am doing artwork for 88 Films' upcoming Blu-ray releases of DRAGONS FOREVER, HEART OF DRAGON, and HEROES SHED NO TEARS. :BL-Laughing:

On 11/6/2019 at 3:46 PM, Jay Stone said:

That is some cover. Unfortunately I don’t think any of my players can play region b

I highly recommend you ask Santa for an All-region Blu-ray player this year. Were you on the "naughty" or "nice" list for 2019 @Jay Stone? 😄 Having the freedom to purchase and play the best releases of the films you enjoy, regardless of their country of origin, is very freeing. A worthwhile investment for a lover of (especially) foreign films. Ever since HKFlix closed down I get my All-region players from 220 Electronics web-store. They've never let me down.

10 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yes, I am doing artwork for 88 Films' upcoming Blu-ray releases of DRAGONS FOREVER, HEART OF DRAGON, and HEROES SHED NO TEARS. :BL-Laughing:

I highly recommend you ask Santa for an All-region Blu-ray player this year. Were you on the "naughty" or "nice" list for 2019 @Jay Stone? 😄 Having the freedom to purchase and play the best releases of the films you enjoy, regardless of their country of origin, is very freeing. A worthwhile investment for a lover of (especially) foreign films. Ever since HKFlix closed down I get my All-region players from 220 Electronics web-store. They've never let me down.

I will check out 220 Electronics. Thanks Bob!

On 11/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Absolute amazing work KFB. Absolutely stoked that Heart of the Dragon is going to be released and that your supplying your exquisite artwork to it!

2 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Absolute amazing work KFB. Absolutely stoked that Heart of the Dragon is going to be released and that your supplying your exquisite artwork to it!

Thanks brother!

I'm super stoked about it too! 😄

On 11/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE DRAGONS FOREVER SUPERTASTICAL!! 

8 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE DRAGONS FOREVER SUPERTASTICAL!! 

@sifu iron perm although many other Jackie Chan films come close (and there's always an ever-changing battle for second place between many titles), DRAGONS FOREVER is probably my favorite. So you can bet I'm giving it my all. Hopefully, in your book, it will eligible for a "supertastical" rating.

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

@sifu iron perm although many other Jackie Chan films come close (and there's always an ever-changing battle for second place between many titles), DRAGONS FOREVER is probably my favorite. So you can bet I'm giving it my all. Hopefully, in your book, it will eligible for a "supertastical" rating.

Judging by your other cover's Bob, I think it's safe to say Benny Urquidez will not be absent from this cover art. I'm trying to think of a legit release of Dragon's Forever, that actually has his him featured in the cover art?.

47 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Judging by your other cover's Bob, I think it's safe to say Benny Urquidez will not be absent from this cover art. I'm trying to think of a legit release of Dragon's Forever, that actually has his him featured in the cover art?.

Benny who? 😄