I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

Jackie Chan: 88 Films Blu-Ray Releases

Regardless of slipcases, I'm getting all of them bar The Protector. Looking forward to October and November.

In my opinion, it does look like the artist has a tremendous amount of talent. Making these vibrant covers requires a lot of skill and effort. Especially seeing these covers up close, you can see there's a lot of meticulous detail. But, as some of you have said, the faces look kinda lifeless. I actually really like the covers for Crime Story and Miracles. But The Protector just has downright bad design. I fear that companies will never stop releasing "black-shirt Chan" covers.

16 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

...I really want them to release Spiritual Kung Fu!

I'd really hoped we would get more of those early film's first, including Spirtual Kng Fu. This is no complaint though, any Jackie Chan relealeses from the label on Blu-Ray are really welcome at the moment.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:32 PM, Drunken Monk said:

The slip covers for the upcoming Jackie releases are awful...

On 8/24/2019 at 12:22 AM, saltysam said:

They need to hire Kung Fu bob

The Protector one has to be the worst, it reminds me of the poor art many of the cheaper bootleg releases received on VHS or DVD.

Maybe some of the artists who they hire, are not strictly Kung Fu movie fan's. With a quick search on Google for some Jackie Chan film related material. Not knowing what looks out-dated etc. Or they could be just using the wrong material as inspiration for their cover art?. @KUNG FU BOB and other's have helped raise the bar with slipcase cover design. In terms of Bob's work, you can clearly see he's a big fan with knowledge of the genre and film's he's creating poster-art for.

23 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The Protector one has to be the worst, it reminds me of the poor art many of the cheaper bootleg releases received on VHS or DVD.

Maybe some of the artists who they hire, are not strictly Kung Fu movie fan's. With a quick search on Google for some Jackie Chan film related material. Not knowing what looks out-dated etc. Or they could be just using the wrong material as inspiration for their cover art?. @KUNG FU BOB and other's have helped raise the bar with slipcase cover design. In terms of Bob's work, you can clearly see he's a big fan with knowledge of the genre and film's he's creating poster-art for.

Thanks for the shout-out @DragonClaws.

Even if some of aren't ecstatic about the artwork, still some great titles coming to Blu-ray, eh? DRAGONS FOREVER is one of my personal favorites. I've actually had my own art of this film "in-the-works" for years. Started it, but then keep getting sidetracked with other projects/work. There are actually at least a dozen other pieces in the same limbo, awaiting their turn to be finished as well.

22 hours ago, Graysman said:

Bob please do the artwork for these current chan releases only the best will do and you are brother 

That is very nice of you to say, brother.

I guess we'll see what the universe has in store...

Hey guys just want to go on record that I had nothing to do with the artwork!! :)

I'm currently working on getting NEW artwork approved for all four titles.

Stay tuned!! :)

Edited by Irongod2112

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys just want to go on record that I had nothing to do with the artwork!! :)

I'm currently working on getting NEW artwork approved for all four titles.

Stay tuned!! :)

That's great news, I don't like to complain as I think 88 Films are putting a lot of effort into these releases and i'll buy them regardless of which cover they decide to use (but those shown previously were crap).

Edited by andy338

The Protector cover has the same Jackie image used on the HKL Police Story dvd, the issues I have with it are it's not from the movie and that JC is performing a claw style "shape" which again is not representative of the modern day action in the film. Sorry, I guess I just like the original covers that I grew up with and perhaps the more modern interpretations don't work for me.

33 minutes ago, andy338 said:

The Protector cover has the same Jackie image used on the HKL Police Story dvd, the issues I have with it are it's not from the movie and that JC is performing a claw style "shape" which again is not representative of the modern day action in the film. Sorry, I guess I just like the original covers that I grew up with and perhaps the more modern interpretations don't work for me.

To be honest I totally agree with you

Did jackie even use gun in crime story?Seen it only once, have forgotten most of it. But at least he was not that cool guy art suggests...But it`s lot better cover now, protector tho is not much improvement...

9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Am I mistaken, or the guy just on the right of Jackie looks like John Saxon ?!

He does but John Saxon and Superfoot Wallace look in real bit similar.

Edited by Tex Killer

The Dragons Forever & Crime Story covers are much better, i'd be happy with them. BTW Irongod I think that you posting on forums and asking for feedback on this is really cool, much appreciated by everyone i'm sure. 😁

Edited by andy338

7 hours ago, andy338 said:

I think the poster could work with this image removed, and the head shot of Chan enlarged a little?. I'm not sure if the picture was taken, from some Protector promotional images?.

7 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Am I mistaken, or the guy just on the right of Jackie looks like John Saxon ?!

The guy on the right is Bill "Superfoot" Wallace