I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

From Stuntman to Superstar (The Jackie Chan Appreciation Thread)

Jackie-Chan.jpg

Brief Biogrpahy

Jackie Chan has crammed so much into his screen career and life, that any attempt at a career synopsis, is going to miss a hell of a lot out. He's a one of kind actor, who has taken the action genre to new and exiting heights. Performing as many of his own stutns, as his boy will pysically allow. Born Chan Kong Sang on April 7th 1954, he's been invovled in film since the 60''s, with over 150 films to his name. From stuntman, to actor, fight choreogrpaher, director, producer, writer, singer, business man, not to mention, a very charitable person. Jackie Chan, as the world has come to know him, learned his physical skills at the tougher than tough, Chinese Opera School, under the tutlegae of the strict Master Yu Jim-Yuen. It's here that he spent a decade learning Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Singing and Dance, all skills he would use, to later rise to fame in the movie world. The School's best students, were selected to be apart of The Seven Little Fortunes performance group. Chan along with future co-stars Sammo Hung, and Yuen Biao, were all selected, along wth other future stuntmen and actors, to be apart of the group.

After surving the grueling training and hard life style of the Opera School, he began to get work as stuntman, in Hong Kong movies. His first starring role, came in the 1972 production Little Tiger From Canton, released in 1973. The movie bombed at the box-office, and Jackie would return to bit parts and regular stunt work. In the mid-70's, veteran dirctor Lo Wei, signed Chan to his movie compnay, with the aim of making him a big star. He would taste cinematic success, until he made Drunken Master(1978), while he was literally loaned out to Ng See-Yuen's Seasonal Film Corporation. DM, would be the start of his rise to fame, and set him on a journey of filmaking, that is still very much alive today. Not many Martial Arts stars or actors, can cliam to have worked on regualr basis for over five decades. In his middle age, Chan would finay gain International success, with films such as Rumble In The Bronx(1994) and Rush Hour(1998). He continues to very busy on-screen, with eight films released in the last three years alone.

The Chanster in 2017, with Honrary Oscar, just one of hundred of awards he's received.

jackie-chan-3.jpg

Jackie's "feminine" side in both Fearless Hyena

screenshot2.png

and of course, City Hunter

e86.jpg

How could this have happened...(just kidding), but loved this face from Drunken Master

bcp-100715-screens-drunken-master-201510

Edited by AlbertV

Jackie Chan gets Disco Fever, with this stylih looking suit.

Disco-Stu.jpg

Battling it out, in The Forienger.

Jackie-Chan-The-Foreigner-Exclusive-Repo

Promoting the Forbidden Kingdom, with costar Jet Li.

jet-li-jackie-chan-forbidden-kingdom-05.

With his Mum and Dad, during the mking of First Strike.

Jackie-and-family.jpg

I'm guessing the below shots, were apart of some promotional tour?. 1981 would have been too early for the Fantasy Mission Force(1983) shoot?, I know FMF was shot in Taiwan.

03087bf40ad162d90f8d7fbd11dfa9ec8a13cd34

CuowSCDVUAE-pLc.jpg

Jackie and his wife Joan Lin

20150405_en_chan1.jpg?itok=GDVJgQ-d

taiwanese-actress-joan-lin-is-living-hap

This song was written for Joan by Jay Chou and Preston Lee. Jackie specifically asked Jay to write this song for him as a gift to Joan.

Jackie and Joan with son Jaycee, who after being jailed for drug possession for six months, returned to acting with a role in Railroad Tigers thanks to Jackie.

jc_onehouse.jpg?itok=pa4N6dfJ

Edited by AlbertV

Of all Jackie female co-stars in the 80's/90's, Michelle Yeoh held her own, she wasnt playing the usual damsel in distress. That you would often see in Jackie Chan movies, she didnt hang around waiting to be saved, sometimes she did the saving.

A very old still of me and Jackie, when I introduced him to italian audience with my books. Sadly none of his HK movies was a success here, back then. A Genius all the way.

16848_287493347517_652332517_4568268_5010298_n[1].jpg

On 8/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, yiyuen said:

A very old still of me and Jackie, when I introduced him to italian audience with my books. Sadly none of his HK movies was a success here, back then. A Genius all the way.

Great picture, thanks sharing this here, Chan with anohter eye catching shirt.

20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Great picture, thanks sharing this here, Chan with anohter eye catching shirt.

and you should see the shirt his friend Willie dressed that day! He had make me colorblind!

On 8/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

Behind the scenes of Drunken Master 2 (Presented in English)

Cool video!, I've seen ages ago a clip of the same interviewer talking to Jackie on set of "City Hunter" on youtube.

LOL just realized the three rare NGs were together...LOL oh well.

One of my favorite Jackie fights

Edited by AlbertV

In the hands of Jackie Chan, even sports equipment can become a deadly weapon. Note, Chan's sporting the classic mid 90's look, that launched a thousand shoddy DVD/VHS covers around the world.

miramax-790-Full-Image_GalleryBackground

On 8/28/2018 at 9:32 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Drunken Master II...

DM@1.png

I think the little child is Mark's daughter Charlene, who is a MMA fighter.