Drunken Monk

I am the White Tiger (Documentary)

Film Combat Syndicate has the new (Exclusive? Couldn't find it on YouTube) trailer for Mark Houghton's new documentary...

Watch here.

Houghton's journey is a truly special one. As is his relationship with Hung Gar and his master, Lau Kar Leung. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Will look out for this,I remember going to a sort of q&a session in my hometown with Mark Houghton,Bey Logan,and some other guy who was working in the Hong Kong film industry in the late 80s I think(maybe a bit later).It was funny because Mark Houghton had just come back from filming with Lau Kar Fei and he couldn’t get his head round the fact that he was choreographing Gordon Liu and telling him what to do and how to do it.He was telling us that he almost walked off set in some cheap production because they could only afford kids toy guns to work with.His story maybe great viewing👍👍

Edited by sym8

Random Media picked it up and it will be coming to DVD, VOD, and Digital on June 18, 2019.

Looks interesting enough. I could've live without the pseudo-philosophical fortune cookie wisdom, though.

Okay guys, big news! Tonight at 9:30pm EST, I will be doing an exclusive phone interview with the man himself, Mark Houghton! If you have any questions, you want to ask, send me a private message by 5pm EST today :) The interview will be transcribed and then put up on my blog the week of June 13 with a review of the documentary.  

Edited by AlbertV

So for an update, had an excellent conversation with Mark Houghton. I promised him I'd keep a few things off record about some of the films he had done, but this Friday, the interview and a review of "I Am the White Tiger" will be posted. The film comes out on DVD and On Demand next Tuesday.

23 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

So for an update, had an excellent conversation with Mark Houghton. I promised him I'd keep a few things off record about some of the films he had done, but this Friday, the interview and a review of "I Am the White Tiger" will be posted. The film comes out on DVD and On Demand next Tuesday.

Excited for the film and your interview.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Great interview! I have my fingers crossed that, one day, we'll see Lau Kar Leung's last script come to life. He deserves one last farewell from the genre.

Mark seems like a super nice bloke. Someone who isn't afraid to revisit his roots.

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

Great interview! I have my fingers crossed that, one day, we'll see Lau Kar Leung's last script come to life. He deserves one last farewell from the genre.

Mark seems like a super nice bloke. Someone who isn't afraid to revisit his roots.

He was super nice. We were in the phone for over an hour and both in a promise and respect,  there were stories I couldn't bring up but just to hear them were so amazing to hear.  He revels in the old days but is also looking to move forward as well. He's kept his word to Lau Kar Leung and I too hope he gets the film made. I also hope we do get to see Dragon Gate,  the lead role debut of his daughter.