I don't remember these statues, but I try Musashi (I don't remember that exact title...).

I need to do my ohmework on Japanese cinema, since it seems that our friend Gaijin is a crazy fan of it !!:bs_smile:

Are series also allowed ?

28 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't remember these statues, but I try Musashi (I don't remember that exact title...).

Good guess, but no. This movie takes place ~12 years before Musashi died.

1 hour ago, Gaijin84 said:

New shot

guess_2.jpg

I don't know what this one is, but it looks epic. I'm intrigued.

25 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Hey my kung fu Sister, you are much more well-versed in TV series than most members here, and I doubt there'd be many that could ID them.

If it were up to me (which it's not :D), I'd say no to including TV series here. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I don't know what this one is, but it looks epic. I'm intrigued.

I’d be surprised if you’ve never seen this Bob.

Hint: It’s from the late 70s and has arguably almost every major actor from the time in it.

3 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Cool, I got a Japanese one, which is not my forte.... though I do own this one.

Try this one...

vlcsnap-2013-03-07-18h47m43s206.png

Hong Kong Godfather?

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Hey my kung fu Sister, you are much more well-versed in TV series than most members here, and I doubt there'd be many that could ID them.

If it were up to me (which it's not :D), I'd say no to including TV series here. Just my opinion.

I have to echo @KUNG FU BOB on this one...unless the thread title is changed.:tongueout

Joking aside though, I do think most members on here (including myself) are by enlarge strictly kung fu cinema fans, with little to no knowledge of the (seemingly endless amount of) kung fu tv series' there are out there.

You could possibly start a new thread for them, but again my fear would be that no one would know them, which would take the fun out of it.

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

are by enlarge strictly kung fu cinema fans

14 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

That's precisely why I asked. I wanted to have an idea if many people here were into series, but it seems that except @rdenn, @BaronK (is he still around ? ) and a very few others, there aren't many amateurs of this genre, so...bye bye series...

13 hours ago, Gaijin84 said:

Norman Chu

I wondered if it was really him. I didn't know that he also played in Japanese movies, but I shouldn't be surprised, since I saw him in a Thai movie with David Chiang...

13 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Cool, I got a Japanese one, which is not my forte.... though I do own this one.

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I wondered if it was really him. I didn't know that he also played in Japanese movies, but I shouldn't be surprised, since I saw him in a Thai movie with David Chiang...

You made the same mistake I did @ShawAngela.:smile  I also thought that @TibetanWhiteCrane's "I got a Japanese one" was referring to the screenshot he posted.  It was only after @Gaijin84 guess it correctly as 'Hong Kong Godfather', that I realised the comment was referring to the fact that he correctly identified the previous screenshot as 'Shogun's Samurai'.

So no, I don't think Norman Chu played in any Japanese movies, and 'Hong Kong Godfather' is a Shaw Brothers HK production.

1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yeah, that's what I meant... was that not clear?

I initially interpreted it as saying you're going to post a screenshot from a Japanese movie you own, but all good, just a misunderstanding.

29 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Police Story.

9 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Longstreet ?

Sorry it's not those. Though it might be a location also used in POLICE STORY as it's also a HK production.