I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Silver and Gold Dragon

Guess the movie?

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Is it 'The Road Home'?

Bingo!

Zhang Yimou was from the 5th generation of mainland directors

Edited by Gaijin84

28 minutes ago, Gaijin84 said:

Zhang Yimou was from the 5th generation of mainland directors

Indeed, and the debut of Zhang Ziyi, a year before she'd hit the big time with 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'.

Still struggling with @KUNG FU BOB's though.

Ok, here's mine - 

Sassy-Girl-1.jpg

I won't find it because I didn't watch many movies from Korea, but I'll ask questions, maybe it will help the other members to find the title...

Is it a woman or a young boy ?

And I guess that it isn't Blood rain ? It's the only movie I watched, together with the excellent series Damo. Oh, yes, and I watched Shiri and Typhoon, if I'm not mistaken...

7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Is it a woman or a young boy ?

It's a woman.

7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

And I guess that it isn't Blood rain ? It's the only movie I watched, together with the excellent series Damo. Oh, yes, and I watched Shiri and Typhoon, if I'm not mistaken...

It's none of those movies. 

As a hint - it has both a sequel & a tv spin-off.

So, it can't be Shadowless sword, nor Bichunmoo nor The sword with no name, right ? (I had forgotten that I also watched these ones...)

Seeing the people's clothes made me think it couldn't be a contemporary times movie...

And I don't remember to have seen such clothes in My wife is a gangster 1 to 3...

The huntresses ?

23 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

The huntresses ?

That one's set in the Joseon period.:laugh

I admire your tenacity @ShawAngela!

The Korean Wave refers to movies that were released in the late 90's/early 00's.

The movie in question here has been remade several times (including in Hollywood), & the actress pictured has also starred in a Hollywood movie.

Well, this is way outta my league. The majority of the Korean movies I've seen was in the early 2000's.

Those are decent hints, though.... I'm just too dumb and Alzheimerish to get it.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane

Legend of gingko ? I confess that I didn't watch it, so, maybe it's not the right period once again...Sorry...

Is it Yoon Jin Kim ?

And since I haven't watched the following movies, I 'm afraid to bother you tempting to say Jumong, or Dong Yi ?

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Still struggling with @KUNG FU BOB's though.

Hints:

It's from the '70s.

It's a sequel (second film of three).

It IS a martial arts film.

5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Bingo...My Sassy Girl! One of the fantasy sequences sprinkled throughout the movie.

You're up good sir.

Based on everything I've heard, MY SASSY GIRL is one of the most talked about, acclaimed, beloved, remade Korean films, and despite owning it since it was first released on DVD... I still haven't watched it yet! 😋 In my defense tough, it's only been out for 17 years... and the last time I was going to watch it, I suddenly felt strongly like I needed to see THE BLADE (again) instead. 🙄😄

5 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Honestly, if you hadn't dropped that actress name I never would have gotten it. Way outta my comfort zone.

How about this one?

vlcsnap-2017-09-22-09h32m34s200.png

Country?

15 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Honestly, if you hadn't dropped that actress name I never would have gotten it. Way outta my comfort zone.

How about this one?

vlcsnap-2017-09-22-09h32m34s200.png

We're doing all countries, all years, all genres, right?

Ski Patrol?

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Hints:

It's from the '70s.

It's a sequel (second film of three).

It IS a martial arts film.

I would say Return of the Street Fighter, but I don't remember any scarfaced gaijin villains in there.

It's a HK film.