I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Silver and Gold Dragon

Dubbing information and discussion

18 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Source- https://vantagepointinterviews.com/2017/05/17/man-of-a-thousand-voices-hong-kong-voice-actor-ted-thomas-on-his-prolific-dubbing-career/

Interesting in depth interview with Ted Thomas, there's so many lnks here @Silver and Gold Dragon Ive kinda lost track of some of them. Cant recall if the above article has already been posted?.

Thanks. Yeah, the link was posted before.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:54 AM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Thanks. Yeah, the link was posted before.

Aww man, thought I'd be lucky if it was new Ted Thomas interview. I always keep an eye for anything dubbing related material, in terms of Asian movies from the 70's and 80's.

@Silver and Gold Dragon I stumbled upon this exntensive article/write-up on old-school Hong Kong dubbing.

Dubbese fu: The kung fu wave and the aesthetics of imperfect lip synchronization

Link- https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/uxbKkrpkFayBAh2knMqG/full

The kung fu wave provided both dubbing and subtitles but the preference was for dubbing, especially for overseas markets in North American and Western Europe.4 First Shaw Brothers and then Golden Harvest understood that their globlalization strategy required dubbings into the target languages in order to maximize box office profits and minimize the alienation effect of a foreign film released in these overseas markets.5

Edited by DragonClaws

Here's a link to an old thread/topic: 'Subs or Dubs?' started by @lillippa328

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, DragonClaws said:

@Silver and Gold Dragon I stumbled upon this exntensive article/write-up on old-school Hong Kong dubbing.

Dubbese fu: The kung fu wave and the aesthetics of imperfect lip synchronization

Link- https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/uxbKkrpkFayBAh2knMqG/full

Thanks again @DragonClaws, as always I appreciate your contribution to this thread.

Here's a link:

(www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/10034-the-big-boss-original-english-dub/)

to topic discussing the original/rejected English dub for The Big Boss called; 'The Big Boss - Original English Dub....'  started by @fabhui.