I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
DragonClaws

The Bolo Yeung Story: Documentary - News & Up-dates

On 5/30/2019 at 9:40 PM, jeanclaude90 said:

Hi there, I'm Dany from Italy, nice to meet you.

Today I found on an italian movie magazine an article about Bolo Yeung, then I looked for more info about the documentary and I came into your forum.

The article is this one: https://www.madmass.it/bolo-yeung-chinese-hercules-the-bolo-yeung-story-trailer/

Hi Danny, and welcome to the forums. Thanks for your support/interest in our Bolo Yeung project. Really cool to see news of it has reached Italian fans.

Keep checking this thread, for any major up-dates regarding the film.

You can now keep up to date with all the latest news re-garding The Bolo Yeung Story, with the new Official FaceBook page. We will be making further cast anouncements, in the coming week's.

Please like and share our page on social media.

The Bolo Yeung Story Facebook page.

Link- https://www.facebook.com/boloyeungdoc/?modal=admin_todo_tour

65110604_343739072979849_166934208444576

Edited by DragonClaws

On 12/15/2017 at 5:52 AM, DragonClaws said:

Yeah I cant see anyone wanting to hire him, then again stranger things have happened.

The irony of this statement certainly isn't lost considering the documentaries latest announcement! :worried

Bey Logan.jpg

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The irony of this statement certainly isn't lost considering the documentaries latest announcement! :worried

He's not invovled in this project, I've made it clear to Pavel we are not working with him. Logan turned down helping Pavel, when he was asked years ago about this docuemtnary.

Logans not listed on our IMDB page, nor has he been announced on our official FaceBook page.

Where did you get that statment from Logan, @One Armed Boxer?, I dont follow any of his social media post's or movie releases.

Edited by DragonClaws

I've just checked our IMDB page, and he is now listed on there. Thanks for pointing this out @One Armed Boxer.

I'm making this public, I did not have anything to do with this. Pavel has also kept this from me, I have many messages from him saying we will not work with Bey Logan. Now here he is saying he's helping us out?, just what is going off here?.

Can you please clear this up @Dragon Face?, why is he now attached to this project?. Why has this been kept from me?. I recently got someone on board with the project, and I'm not sure they will want to be connected to this now?. Keeping things back from people who are helping you, is no way to behave.

Edited by DragonClaws

Hmmm let me guess "From the disgraced former pimp of Harvey Winestain comes the Beast from the East (and no we're talking about the Producer" Bolo Yeung story....

Very happy that i didn't agree to be involved with this in any way, @DragonClaws i did tell you to be careful ref the way Pavel behaves, and this kind of says it all

3 hours ago, Mike Leeder said:

Very happy that i didn't agree to be involved with this in any way, @DragonClaws i did tell you to be careful ref the way Pavel behaves, and this kind of says it all

It doesnt come as a surprise, still got that conversation with you saved, regarding to be careful. That said, I thought it was some kind of bad, late April Fool's at first. I've been involved with parts of this production, but not in the hiring of Bey Logan.

21 hours ago, shaolin swords said:

@DragonClaws do you have a time frame where this doc is going to be done

I wish I could give you an exact release date @shaolin swords, but I cant. There's a few un-forseen problems we are dealing with at the moment.

Appreciate your interest in the film.

Edited by DragonClaws

Within the next two week's we will have more information, in regards to our Bolo Yeung feature and a recent social media post. The making of this film, might just be worthy of a documentary by itself.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us out, and shown their support for the project so far. Keep folllowing this thread or our FaceBook page, for further news.

Or click on the link below, for more Bolo related content.

Edited by DragonClaws

24 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

btw what has bey logan done in the past to get this vibe?

Most of the controversy around Bey stems from these incidents, brought to light in the midst of the #metoo movement -

https://www.variety.com/2017/film/asia/weinstein-asia-executive-bey-logan-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-1202638722/amp/

https://www.variety.com/2017/film/news/crouching-tiger-juju-chan-harvey-weinstein-asia-bey-logan-sexual-misconduct-1202642166/amp/

@Mike Leeder has a few war stories that were shared as well.

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

good luck with the project but i hope the drama doesn't ruin this!!

Thankyou @sifu iron perm, sadly negative press always attracts people faster than positive press. Hope you enjoy the finished film.

58 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

WOW!!

14 minutes ago, JackieChan said:

Can't wait to see this, a friend sent me a link to the trailer. Looks like it's going to be really cool.

Appreciate the positive feedback @JackieChan we will have a Extended trailer out before the films release. We aim to make that one even better, so keep a look out for that one. The first teaser was just a short glimpse, into what we have planned for the production.

A big thanks to Australian actor/filmaker Daniel Whyte, for his awsome contribution to our film. We would have loved to include the late Rambo Kong among our cast, now we can.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 6/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Pretty neat find. There must be some interesting behind-the-scene stuff mentionned in this interview. 

Yeah, he also appeared in the Fong Yau directed, Ten Magnificent Killers, which also starred Bolo Yeung.

Genre fans might recognize him as the angry head chef, in Dragon The Bruce Lee story.

Edited by DragonClaws