Jump to content
sym8

Non martial artist actors who look awful trying to bust a move

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Did they have a double for actor Nicholas Hammand?, in the following fight scene Spider-Man is outclassed by his foe. At least in terms of performing the choreography. The following clips are taken from Spider-Man The Dragon Challenge(1979). Maybe @AlbertV, can I-D that stunt guy in the first clip?

 

The guy in the first clip is Emil Farkas, a Hungarian-born martial arts expert and author. He currently holds a 7th-dan in karate and 4th-dan in both judo and jiujitsu. He co-wrote the original Martial Arts Encyclopedia with John Corcoran

Nicholas Hammond's stunt double as Spider-Man is Fred Waugh, known as the co-founder of Stunts Unlimited. His sons are all involved with the film industry and have worked with both stunts and are filmmakers. One of his sons is Scott Waugh, the director of the upcoming Project X-Traction with Jackie Chan and John Cena. His other son, Ric Roman Waugh, directed the recently released Angel Has Fallen.

Edited by AlbertV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, AlbertV said:

The guy in the first clip is Emil Farkas, a Hungarian-born martial arts expert and author. He currently holds a 7th-dan in karate and 4th-dan in both judo and jiujitsu. He co-wrote the original Martial Arts Encyclopedia with John Corcoran

Nicholas Hammond's stunt double as Spider-Man is Fred Waugh, known as the co-founder of Stunts Unlimited. His sons are all involved with the film industry and have worked with both stunts and are filmmakers. One of his sons is Scott Waugh, the director of the upcoming Project X-Traction with Jackie Chan and John Cena. His other son, Ric Roman Waugh, directed the recently released Angel Has Fallen.

 

Thanks for the very informative answer @AlbertV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comedian Sinbad, who studied under Billy Blanks, didn't look all that great performing moves in First Kid.

Cecelia Cheung and Yuko Moriyama looked dire under Ailen Sit's direction in Tokyo Raiders. The latter had been more convincing in the two Zeiram films.

Edited by DrNgor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

 

When illegal fight clubs where the in-thing in movies. 

 

 The

 

 

No,  I can't tho. 😂😂😂 

The Hoff and his stuntdouble are no match for Avadon.   Come on, I wasn't sold back when i was kid and even as an adult.  I'm still not sold on the Hoff being a match for Loren Jake Donahue Avedon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, SpartainX said:

 

 

No,  I can't tho. 😂😂😂 

The Hoff and his stuntdouble are no match for Avadon.   Come on, I wasn't sold back when i was kid and even as an adult.  I'm still not sold on the Hoff being a match for Loren Jake Donahue Avedon.

Hey don't hassle the hoff! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rodolphe Dux said:

A classic, karate girl.

 

 

That flick gives vibes of a 70s porno at first then they break out with some of the slowest karate moves ever lol. Then she does an Indiana Jones on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, CT KID said:

That flick gives vibes of a 70s porno at first then they break out with some of the slowest karate moves ever lol. Then she does an Indiana Jones on him.

One of the most hilarious death scenes ever...AHHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! That scene was actually spoofed in Fury of the Fist and the Golden Fleece

Edited by AlbertV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig T Nelson in ACTION JACKSON.As stiff and awkward as they come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 1:11 PM, sym8 said:

Craig T Nelson in ACTION JACKSON.As stiff and awkward as they come

Funny, Craig stands there holding his hands awkwardly while his double does all the kicking, who isn't bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×