Sign in to follow this  
sifu iron perm

Sounds Of Kung Fu: Old School Movie Scores

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Tried to find Chen Lee & The General, from the 1969 True Grit soundtrack. That features on the soundtrack to Ways Of Kung Fu, and multiple other Kung Fu flicks scores. It's been removed from YouTube since the original thread was started back in 2015.

This version?

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

How come the old thread that was lost during the forum blackout, didnt get merged with these even older threads?.

I'f I'd known, I wouldnt have tried to start another thread.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you on that one dude, although the most likely explanation is that it was either (a) before the KFC to SC36 migration, or (b) before my time as a moderator.:tongueout

22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

This version?

The video wont play due to uploader not making it availbale for people in Europe.

21 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

the most likely explanation is that it was either (a) before the KFC to SC36 migration, or (b) before my time as a moderator.:tongueout

The thread was started when the forums had merged, it was lost during the late 2016 blackout. It was a good three or four pages long and @ThunderScore, had sarted it. If I'd known about these older threads, I would have just bumped those instead.

This past weekend, I saw Logan's Run for the first time. There's a riff that plays during the opening crawl that shows up in Invincible Iron Armour whenever Hwang Jang Lee is onscreen. It also shows up in other films.

18 hours ago, DrNgor said:

This past weekend, I saw Logan's Run for the first time. There's a riff that plays during the opening crawl that shows up in Invincible Iron Armour whenever Hwang Jang Lee is onscreen. It also shows up in other films.

It always takes me out of a film, when I hear a track from a Kung Fu movie, in a mainstream 70's/80's film.

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It always takes me out of a film, when I hear a track from a Kung Fu movie, in a mainstream 70's/80's film.

I was just glad to be able to identify the source of the riff.

Also, the riff that plays whenever Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee goes into drunken mantis mode in Dance of the Drunk Mantis (1979) is taken from the main theme to Dario Argento's Suspiria, composed by Goblin.

Been a long time since I've been on this forum, so glad to be back.  I was looking for the opening theme for the 5 Shaolin Masters, I had it on my old computer and on the old forums, but can't seem to find it nowadays.  thanks in advance.

Here's the main theme from the Chan Sing/Yasuaki Kurata classic Black Panther(1973), lifted from a U.S Quincy Jones movie soundtrack, and featured in countless Old-School Fu films from the 1970's.

If The Shadow Whip doesn't fit, sorry. When not using songs with lyrics, music is taken from the James Bond movie You Only Live Twice.

Skip to the 3-minute Mark, and you can see where the inspiration for the A Girl Called Tigress opening score came from.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, DragonClaws said:

Donnie Yen performs his human puppet, break dancing act in Drunken Tai Chi(1984), to this tune.

It's specifically the Bo Boss version:

Recently, I've been looking for the theme song from Hand of Death (1976). So catchy and it's been stuck in my head this whole month.

Not sure if this fits here, but I remember watching The Shadow Whip and most of that movie uses music from the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.

13 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

Not sure if this fits here, but I remember watching The Shadow Whip and most of that movie uses music from the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.

Perfect place to post this @lilmanjs.