I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU's Kung-fu Customs - Rare Cathay, Bruceploitation, Girls With Guns

Just got done with an HD 1080 (at least that is what the codec in VLC says!) of MY HEART IS THAT ETERNAL ROSE. Talk about being stuck in the friend zone. More of a melodrama, very well acted, when Kenny Bee was a huge heart throb and Joey Wong, was well, Joey Wong. I mean what more can you say? Tony Leung was nominated for Best supporting actor and Gordon Lau plays a wig wearing dirt bag.

vlcsnap-2018-12-25-11h13m39s085.png

Hi, first post. I found this forum after finding out about Hong Kong Rescue, and then I found out about the Girls with Guns genre after stumbling upon this fight from Burning Ambition on YouTube.

I've been reading up on this genre all day and building up a watch list. The action in these movies looks insanely awesome, and Yukari Oshima and Moon Lee are amazing to watch. I only knew about the Heroic Bloodshed genre and Hard-Boiled, City on Fire, etc but this is a whole new world. My HK action movie knowledge is pretty shallow, but I want to get into it through GWG. I really want to own and watch these movies, but most of them seem out of print and not readily available.

@NoKUNGFUforYU Do you mind if I PM you about your GWG customs? The work you do looks amazing! Thanks in advance!

Why I am not just passing out free stuff all the time....

Just so you get an understanding, as I get requests for-

1.Send me your customs

2.Give me an invite to CG, ADC or whatever, even though we have never met.

3.I want artwork and shipping, and send it and $10 should cover it, right?

First, many of even the easiest customs can take hours. At one point I put them on ADC and they were taken, with not even credit to my ego, and resold. I tried Youtube, but after some warnings I found that some guy with a lawyer claims every goddamn martial arts film known to man is covered by the exploration group L.L.C., a parasitic LA law firm that copyrights stuff from 500 years ago, because, well, they can.

Second, I pay for Smash to store my stuff, so there is a cost, every month.

Third, if I send stuff out (and I give a lot of extra's to my legit subscribers) I can go over my limit on Electronic downloads, because that is the way the roll here in the USA. Comcast has a true monopoly. Last month I paid $80 extra on my internet. Kind of eats in to the huge profits of $10 a DVD (and $5 as well as free stuff)

All those download sites like ADC and CG take a ton of points to get invites. That means hours of uploading and creating content or buying stuff that guess what!? FLK and others copy and sell. Also, see the above about Comcast and internet charges. And if you have done nothing to support my efforts, like buying something or sending something I don't have that is interesting, why would your first contact be "can you get me an invite to ADC/CG?". Plus, as far as the points go, you can't just upload something already on there, it usually has to be a new version, etc.

Shipping is also very difficult, and the way that different DVD and Blu Ray players work can be an issue. Shipping to England is $24 for a small packet, and then there is custom charges, etc. That is why I usually want a large order to cover the costs. Also, things get damaged in transit. But I understand, people want physical media, so I do my best to provide it, but there is a cost to the DVD case, DVD, electricity and my time has a value.

I also have a family and a full time job, and some times, actually, most times, my subscribers get to watch more often than I do! 

Anyway, I really appreciate all the support from those that have so far, but I needed to get this off my chest. Probably lost a few customers, but so be it.

More freebies to come, by the way, so if you have supported my efforts, PM me. I have 3 new ones to share!

I fully understand that. I've had some of my customs/subtitle jobs appear on youtube without my knowledge (I didn't mind them being on youtube so much, as they were done for free, but crediting myself and the guy who did the bulk of the work would have been nice) so who knows where else they've turned up. So I get how frustrating it might be to have your work resold/miscredit at a larger volume.

Appreciate the honesty and integrity, and if it loses you a few customers, so be it. Those that remain will no doubt appreciate your stance on this.

Truly wrong what they do. I know what it's like to work really hard on a project only for someone to jack your work and say it's theirs. You do such a wonderful job with these works and you should be commended for it. 

I sincerely hope you don't let the freeloaders and vultures keep you down and discourage further customs because you are one of the best out there in terms of quality product, ease of delivery + customer service.

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

I sincerely hope you don't let the freeloaders and vultures keep you down and discourage further customs because you are one of the best out there in terms of quality product, ease of delivery + customer service.

Thanks! I spend a lot of time on some of these.

Just got a nice copy of the complete Royal Seal, and that should take a few months, but after I time it, get a little of the minor dialogue, I will have to beg a few people to sub it (ahem, Toby especially) . Other movies are not as bad, some are in German so my friend there helps me, or for French I have a friend France, another in Italy (though I was really bummed more people were not curious about Flying Over Grass, such a cool classic! Hardly any interest!). Sometime I can pull from another source, then time it line by line.

4 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I was really bummed more people were not curious about Flying Over Grass,

I got your subbed version and was very happy with it !

Watching movies with no subtitles and then watching them years after the first viewing with subtitles helps to better understand the plot. I was also really pleased with the subtitles for Redress, that helped me to understand some details of the plot that had escaped to me at the first watching.

And that's great news for Royal Seal ! I'm very impatient to finally watch the full movie !!

6 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Sometimes I just think about giving up on customs. There is no point in doing stuff for free. You never get any appreciation and FLK usually just sells your shit anyway.

Most people are just not willing to put in the hard work, I've never made a cutom myself, but you can see a lot of work goes into them.

Dog King and Snake King, a film I spent literally weeks subbing only to have it basically flop at the "box office" LOL! Sort of a Laurel and Hardy family movie, HK style, you know, with killing at the end....

vlcsnap-2019-01-14-17h41m39s262.png