I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU's Kung-fu Customs - Rare Cathay, Bruceploitation, Girls With Guns

5 hours ago, gskmeva said:

This is great news and definitely a lost gem in the Cathay collection! Also, out of nowhere, we see a familiar face in the middle of the film as an evil monk so look out for that part.

Anyway, I'm originally from USA but now working and living in China, and I was asked to provide an English translation for the film and it was definitely a challenging but rewarding experience.

Everything was given to me raw and without a script or even theatrical subtitles for reference, it required me to translate everything by ear, line by line. Some lines can be super difficult to hear due to the low quality audio so you have to repeat the audio several times while concentrating 110%. 

Unfortunately, this film also has several short songs in the film which are nearly impossible to translate without looking at the original Chinese lyrics.

Luckily, out of pure luck, I was able to find a low quality screenshot of the film’s original soundtrack on vinyl being sold on a Chinese auction site which included lyrics to some of the songs on the back cover. Still not perfect but better than nothing. In total, I have lyrics to 6 of the 9 or so short songs in the film.

Anyway, I’m doing the final touch ups and edits on the translation and it should be completed soon.

Thanks to forum member NoKungFuForYu for supplying me the video.

He also translated the dialogue for the Bloody Claw as well!

On 1/25/2018 at 3:26 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Another of my custom DVD's to throw into the mix. A clean, subbed version of Invasion, probably ready this weekend.

I think I have this in Mandarin I will double check

On 2/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

How many people interested in the 1080p of Tiger Of The Northland? I need to add subs, but it has just come out remastered.

I would be interested in this. I will send you a PM.

6 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

I'm new to the forum and had no idea folk made their own custom or bootleg copies. NoKUNGFUforYU do you do them with cover art and on disc?

Yes. I find rares and sub or at times dub them.

On 2/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

A clip, pre subbed.

i think i have the origonal language if it was not added

On 7/2/2019 at 1:48 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Brando Dean got me a better copy of Yes Madam, A Serious Shock! to go with the subs. Have a look. Two different frame rates, so we could not go uncut without losing the quality.

vlcsnap-2019-07-01-22h40m20s263.png

the taiwan is cut? this the mainland print? would a HK version have the footage you need? is the dub included?

They basically shot different scenes for A Serious Shock! It has added scenes, scenes that are cut slightly and one or two fights missing with one or two added. The Taiwan version, or at least the version that is remastered has some gore missing, etc. The other prints look bad, sadly. Also, two different frame rates and adding some scenes would not make sense, and also, some scenes are filmed once with Ku Feng and once without. You really have to watch as two separate movies for it to make sense. I wish they had restored the HK version, but they didn't.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:35 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Here is another Joseph Kuo classic remastered, Return of the 18 Bronzemen, subbed in widescreen-

vlcsnap-2019-01-11-19h27m23s905.png

is this also cut?

14 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

They basically shot different scenes for A Serious Shock! It has added scenes, scenes that are cut slightly and one or two fights missing with one or two added. The Taiwan version, or at least the version that is remastered has some gore missing, etc. The other prints look bad, sadly. Also, two different frame rates and adding some scenes would not make sense, and also, some scenes are filmed once with Ku Feng and once without. You really have to watch as two separate movies for it to make sense. I wish they had restored the HK version, but they didn't.

if he decides to do the project. i think i have a decent hk print

if he doing iron bull i have the original language

Edited by monk