I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

Temple Of The Unknown: The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

Taking a break from filming with Inosanto, in the grounds of Golden Harvest studios.

7f41188901cb0ab28b9c30273617ae71--bruce-

Turkish theatrical poster, for the 1978 Robert Clouse completed version.

DY95ljmX0AEMwc6.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

i would love to see a movie poster based on the original Game of death,original stars and people that we’re meant to be in the original.A kind of fan edit👍

Edited by sym8

13 hours ago, sym8 said:

i would love to see a movie poster based on the original Game of death,original stars and people that we’re meant to be in the original.A kind of fan edit👍

I've seen a couple of posters with this theme online over th years.

Here's some more GOD themed art-work, by DeviantArt.

another_game_of_death_by_philiph100-dboq

The make up lady applying something to Lee's face, during a pause in filming.

09a2298f97c0ecdc182b09dd8b1fb2c5.jpg

The same woman, can be seen again below, from a different angle, with James Tien still leaning against the pogoda column.

bruce-lee-game-of-death-outtakes-pregoda

Edited by DragonClaws

There have been rumours that Bruce Lee wanted to wear the yellow jumpsuit, to hide his weight loss. This picture proves othererwise, as he was still in great shape. Some of the shots of him in thew New Terittories filming, also disprove the rumour he looked to thin.

Some rich Japanese fans, get to visit the cast and crew during filming. I say rich, because not just anyone could walk onto the set. With Lee being very protective of the movie and its story.

afb201436b307b0e08ac6252badc2766.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

This Japanese poster for G.O.D 2 a.k.a Tower Of Death, also features a picture of Bruce Lee in the new terittories, taken during filming for the original Gmae Of Death in 1972.

9fd4b2ec5750b2a300e0073eab433488.jpg

Posing for a promotional picture on the Golden Harvest set.

5f3815284f97ff091e28bf6bc8f3557a.jpg

12070840_1671219099764629_1957362574_n.j

Also added another image to this post, earlier in the thread.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 24/03/2018 at 1:26 PM, DragonClaws said:

This Japanese poster for G.O.D 2 a.k.a Tower Of Death, also features a picture of Bruce Lee in the new terittories, taken during filming for the original Gmae Of Death in 1972.

9fd4b2ec5750b2a300e0073eab433488.jpg

Does the Japanese version of Tower of Death contain the Greenhouse fight from the HK version of the '78 Game of Death, as suggested on the poster here?

On 3/18/2018 at 8:15 AM, DragonClaws said:

There have been rumours that Bruce Lee wanted to wear the yellow jumpsuit, to hide his weight loss.

Rumor started by Tom Bleecker in Unsettled Matters. Bleecker may at one point may have had access to many of Bruce Lee's personal papers during his brief marriage to Linda, but statements like that really hurt his credibility. I still don't think he understands the difference between corticosteroids and anabolic steroids. I don't know. 

I watched Game of Death 2 recently and i've never really understood why Lewis (Roy Horan's character) was murdered by his butler "who had been loyal to him for years". During the film it is established that Lewis "is a bit crazy" and "likes kung fu" which is why he invites Hwang Jang Lee to his school to train with him but why would Hwang then have to kill him? I'm guessing it was on his orders as the butler then goes to Hwangs lair (Tower of Death) afterwards which is when Bobby Lo follows him for the final showdown. I know there are different versions and I have the HKL dvd but do any other prints explain the Roy Horan  & Hwang connection any better? On the back cover of the dvd it says the movie took 3 years to make so I wonder if over all that time and with script changes the story was simply left with plot points that were left overlooked, does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, andy338 said:

On the back cover of the dvd it says the movie took 3 years to make so I wonder if over all that time and with script changes the story was simply left with plot points that were left overlooked, does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

I thought they had put the movie together in under a year?, so they started filming in 1979?.

Lot of these movie have big plot-holes, I just dont think they were paying too muh attention to the script/story?.

On 01/04/2018 at 1:02 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Does the Japanese version of Tower of Death contain the Greenhouse fight from the HK version of the '78 Game of Death, as suggested on the poster here?

Never watched the Japanese print, maybe somebody else here can help you out with this one?.

One of the main reason Golden Havest made Tower Of Death, was due to the big succes of the 1978 G.O.D, had in Japan.