I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

Missing In Action: Bruce Lee's Deleted Movie Scene's

On 10/02/2018 at 10:58 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Didn't stop Bruce Leung or Bruce Le filming there!

True, they might have changed their stance on filming, by the time those productions were made.

20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

One for @Fist of the Heavenly Sky.

I think we will get more deleted scenes images from The Big Boss, before the full length Big Boss ever gets released, if it ever does?. If the alternative cut of The Big Boss came out, it would de-value a lot of the rare images of the unseen sequences.

I don't feel the pics will get devalued even in the event that a full print comes out. As they say, a picture speaks a lot more than a thousand words.

Judging from the blurb in the pic, I take it that the book will be a throughtout document on pretty much everything there is to know about it. Considering that both Ricky Baker and Steve Kerridge have to work with the ever-draconian Bruce Lee estate to get anywhere, I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

8 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Judging from the blurb in the pic, I take it that the book will be a throughtout document on pretty much everything there is to know about it. Considering that both Ricky Baker and Steve Kerridge have to work with the ever-draconian Bruce Lee estate to get anywhere, I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

I think Robert Chua's son's name is on the cover too, guess he's now in charge of what Lee related stuff his father has?.

Did you eventually purchase Bruce Lee: A Visual History?, I've not seen it in any local shops.

1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

I think Robert Chua's son's name is on the cover too, guess he's now in charge of what Lee related stuff his father has?.

Did you eventually purchase Bruce Lee: A Visual History?, I've not seen it in any local shops.

I keep telling myself to track it down, but also continue to forget. It is unlikely there will be any new content, but it will be worth a peruse anyway.

My only hopes about the new BB book is that, besides the "missing" scenes, they will also go in-depth about the original director's work in the movie and all the scripts for it, original and/or revised.

16 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

My only hopes about the new BB book is that, besides the "missing" scenes, they will also go in-depth about the original director's work in the movie and all the scripts for it, original and/or revised.

Fingers crossed, it's a shame George Tan isnt involved, not that he really deserves to be after taking fans money, for a book that never came out.

On 14/02/2018 at 1:33 PM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

It is definitely suspicious that he seemingly dropped off the face of the earth all of a sudden.

Last I heard about him,he was going to do some projects with Steve Kerridge, then that fell through. His character aside, he does know a lot about the Little Dragon.

Edited by DragonClaws

Ok, getting back onto the subject of missing Little Dragon movie scene's. Is actor Lee Kwan(Ah Kun) holding back Bruce from one of his Thai challenges?, or is it another possible outtake/deleted scene from The Big Boss?.

27576385_149265809122975_772132417703824

3 hours ago, thehangman said:

Bruce li filmed there and Bruce Leung

3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I don't think Bruce Li actually got to the Colliseum in The Man, The Myth.

You guys have any opinions on missing BL movie scenes?.

24 minutes ago, thehangman said:

didnt they used to throw away alot of unused stuff?

Back in those days they did, at least that the impression I've got. Then again, if the rare Fist Of Fury trailer was offered to Hong Kong Legends, then Goden Harvest clearly didnt throw everything away.

Edited by DragonClaws

Some information, that may or may not interest fans who read this thread.

Finally got round to looking through the extras on the MediumRare Big Boss U.K Blu-Ray release. The feature on the missing scenes, is as you might have already guessed, has nothing new, to long terms fans at least. That said, they don't refer to the longer version of the Big Boss as missing, or lost, which has been the case in the past. Instead, they say its in the hands of a private collector, and its not currently available for sale. Going to take a wild guess and say that there will be more than one collector with a copy of this. The missing bordello sequence pictures, that often appear online in poor quality, are most likley screen captures, rather than actual stills.

On the same disc, Fred Weintraub is interviewed, talking about his experiences with BL. He mention's how they intended to film an opening sequence involving a motorbike. Now according to his memory, these scenes would feature Bruce Lee's character on a bike. Yet due to the lack of decent filming equipment, they were unable to make it work. What footage they did film, was just not usable. There was no mention of the woman on the bike, who worked for Mr Han. Maybe these scenes would have been inter-cut, had they been able to use the footage of Lee's character?.

Lee with Weintruab, on the set of Enter The Dragon, Bob Wall is sat down with a briefcase in the corner.

FXQEFVY5WRHDTGXARGTVY46N7U.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

Short article from the BLR magazine, that touches upon the well known missing footage. There's also mention of Way Of The Dragon outtakes/alterntive scenes existing.

BL827.jpg

In the longer Manderin print of The Big Boss, Lee raises his fist in the scene shown below, and shouts about wanting his revenge.

missingboss8.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

On 2/18/2018 at 1:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

On the same disc, Fred Weintraub is interviewed, talking about his experiences with BL. He mention's how they intended to film an opening sequence involving a motorbike. Now according to his memory, these scenes would feature Bruce Lee's character on a bike. Yet due to the lack of decent filming equipment, they were unable to make it work. What footage they did film, was just not usable. There was no mention of the woman on the bike, who worked for Mr Han. Maybe these scenes would have been inter-cut, had they been able to use the footage of Lee's character?.

What were the highlights of the BB Blu ray commentary track(s), as far as character outlooks and trivia were concerned?

Also, in regards to the quoted paragraph, are you referring to BB or ETD?

On 2/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, DragonClaws said:

Production still, or missing scene?, The Big Boss.

bb002.jpg

Could be a missing scene of Cheng seeking a piece of mind from all of his troubles. I do recall the mention of a very brief flashback scene many years ago in a few BB prints. Weirdly enough it was said to take place during the last bordello sequence (Probably with Cheng sleeping and dreaming about his beloveds one last time).

5 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Also, in regards to the quoted paragraph, are you referring to BB or ETD?

It's ETD, as Fred Weintraub had nothing to do with the making of The Big Boss.

6 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

What were the highlights of the BB Blu ray commentary track(s), as far as character outlooks and trivia were concerned?

No character outlooks or trivia that would be of interest to you. It's still a very good commentary, despite some of the sound isue it has.

3 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I think the girls on the motorbike was another way participants received their invitation to Han's Island.

Thats right, according to Weintraub, there was also footage of Lee's charracter on a motorbike. They just didnt have the equipment to caputre the footage effectively. Lee was being tossed around by the make-shift trailer, so they scrapped it in the editing room.

5 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Could be a missing scene of Cheng seeking a piece of mind from all of his troubles. I do recall the mention of a very brief flashback scene many years ago in a few BB prints. Weirdly enough it was said to take place during the last bordello sequence (Probably with Cheng sleeping and dreaming about his beloveds one last time).

Thanks for the feedback @Fist of the Heavenly Sky.

Never heard of the flashback rumour, but I've read so many outlandish theories on this movie, most of them I've forgotten.