I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2018

Few more videos, from the Independent Wrestling scene.

Like to see Cody Rhdoes challenge Nick Aldis for ten pounds of NWA gold, here's the latest on the Bullit Club.

Edited by DragonClaws

There is a chance now that Neville may be returning to WWE in April. With Triple H in creative control of 205 Live and if you think about it, the new Raw GM being the former Rockstar Spud, Drake Maverick, do not be surprised if we see the Return of the "King".

Jeff Hardy may possibly be back in time for WrestleMania and team up with his brother "Woken" Matt Hardy to challenge The Bar for the Raw Tag Team Titles. He recently had another exam on his surgically repair rotator cuff and shoulder labrum  and is already back in training.

NORTH Wrestling NCL is a Newcastle-upon-Tyne based Wrestling Promotion, bringing you the best UK Wrestlers up against the best the North has to offer.

The latest bumps and brawls, from the world of Defiant Wrestling.

Some of the high lights from recent goings on in IMPACT Wrestling.

Edited by DragonClaws

Season 5 Episode 11 - Making waves across the UK scene, the brash Kip Sabian makes his much anticipated NGW British Wrestling Weekly TV debut against the young veteran El Ligero in GEN:X Action. But with only 10 minute on the clock, can either man pick up the win before the clock runs out? Ahead of the huge three corners NGW Undisputed Championship match next week, we hear exclusively from former champion Nathan Cruz as we take a special look the 3 year build up to this historic ultimate showdown!

Nick Aldis started The Aldis Crusade with Ten Pounds of Gold vs. James Ellsworth at Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. It continued in the United Kingdom with challenger #5 - David Starr for the NWA Worlds Championship happening on 2/11/2018 at IPW UK. NWA Ten Pounds Of Gold is documenting The Aldis Crusade and each match brings a unique challenge for the champion. Nick Aldis launched this crusade as a way to change the perception on not only himself but the NWA Worlds Title. David Starr talks about how important this journey is during his entrance for this NWA World Title Match. Fans packed IPW UK's Milton Keynes venue to see this clash for the Ten Pounds of Gold.

Keiji Mutoh announced that he is retiring at the end of March as he needs artificial joints in his knees. His last match as Keiji Mutoh will be on March 14th for Wrestle-1 and his last match as the Great Muta will be at DDT Judgement 2018 on March 25th.

New Japan Cup brackets have been unveiled. Competitors include Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi, and Hiroshi Tanahashi, who looks to be back from injury.

https://www.njpw1972.com/22380

Kenny Omega will not be in the tournament as he is too busy preparing to fight friends and end the division within Bullet Club.

NJPW rookie Hikuleo sustained a leg injury at the NJPW anniversary tour show in Nagano. Rey Mysterio, who is set to face Jushin Thunder Liger at Strong Style Evolved, tore a bicep during a tag match for Northeast Wrestling on March 3rd.

Katsuyori Shibata looks to have officially retired from in-ring action but he was just named the head coach of NJPW's Los Angeles dojo. His first task is to run the March training camps.

----

WWE is set to induct Hillbilly Jim into it's hall of fame. It also announced a 50-man royal rumble to be held at King Abdullah Sports City in Saudi Arabia. It will be the first pro wrestling match in the venue and the first international royal rumble since one in Tokyo in 1994.

Also, Ring of Honor became Rusev of Honor at its Manhattan Mayhem show.

Impact! Wrestling had a frightening incident as Eddie Edwards suffered a broken orbital bone after a match with Sami Callahan.

Laurel Van Ness is the Knockouts Champion and has made the life and career of Allie a living nightmare. Thursday at Crossroads, Allie has a chance to end the nightmare when she challenges Laurel Van Ness for the Knockouts Championship.

After locking up a big victory, Rosemary staked her claim to the Knockouts Championship, but Taya Valkyrie emerged from a months-long absence to go face-to-face! Is the real alpha of IMPACT's Knockouts Division a Demon Assassin or Lucha Royalty?

Adam Cole will likely replace Bobby Fish as Kyle O'Reilly's partner in the NXT Tag titles match at WWE NXT Takeover after Fish injured his knee. Rey Mysterio was officially diagnosed with a grade one partially torn left biceps. It is unknown how much time he will miss.

Katsuyori Shibata gave a statement about running the LA dojo.

“With rehab and training, I’ve been sensing it’s time to move past the struggle of finding what I am capable of doing. These days, I’ve had a burning desire to take on a new challenge… What can I do in my current state? I thought a change of pace was needed, and the next thing I knew, I found myself in Los Angeles.

By some twist of fate, my thoughts happened around the time the new NJPW dojo was being set up in LA. While getting the dojo ready, I had the chance to assemble the ring with some of the young wrestlers and train with them, and I found myself doing wrestling moves I haven’t been able to do before.

These days have been full of discovery, and as I teach them things, I am learning, too. Los Angeles’ weather is great, and it would be difficult to find an environment with better conditions. As I continue with my rehabilitation and training, I have a desire to pass down the fundamentals, the know-how and techniques and the philosophy that I have built up through my own experience in pro-wrestling to the younger generation here in Los Angeles.

This is the best thing “I can do” right now, and I believe it will benefit the young wrestlers of the next generation and the wrestling world as a whole.

The good, classic Japanese pro-wrestling is starting to disappear from the current wrestling world. But we must never lose that fighting attitude and spirit of traditional Japanese pro-wrestling. I have accepted the mission to open the gates and transcend the cultural differences to pass down our knowledge to the younger generation.

As the NJPW dojo opens in Los Angeles mid-March, I wanted to share my thoughts as I announce that I, Katsuyori Shibata, will lead the LA dojo as the head coach.

That’s all I got to say!

Scorpio Sky, currently in ROH, was also hired on as a dojo coach.

Rookie Katsuya Kitamura missed the 46th Anniversary show and will not be on the New Japan Cup tour as he sustained a concussion. Hikuleo, who is out with a knee injury, will be replaced by Tanga Roa on the tour.

NJPW 46th Anniversary Show Results

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Kushida & Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Yuji Nagata, Ren Narita, Tomoyuki Oka. Shota Umino & Tetsuhiro Yagi.

Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano bested Juice Robinson, David Finlay and Toa Henare.

El Desparado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru captured the IWGP Jr. Tag titles in a three-way match against Roppongi 3K and Bushi & Hiromu Takahashi.

Sanada pinned Yoshi-hashi.

Taichi lost in his heavyweight debut to Tetsuya Naito.

Minoru Suzuki retained the IWGP Intercontinental title against Togi Makabe.

IWGP Heavyweight champion Kazuchika Okada beat IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champion Will Ospreay.

9 minutes ago, HyperDrive said:

NJPW 46th Anniversary Show Results

Look forward to your posts dude, they keep me up-dated on the Japanese Pro-Wretling scene.

The latest installment in the epic Ten Pounds Of Gold series.

Interview with former NWA champion Tim Storm.

Primate & Jimmy Havoc defend the tag titles against #1 contenders Aussie Open. The final qualifiers for the Magnificent Seven will be decided when No Fun Dunne takes on Prince Ameen, and Gabriel Kidd faces Jurn Simmons. While Amir Jordan looks to get revenge on Drake, who beat him at Chain Reaction but had his feet elevated on the ropes for the pin. See Lights Out '18 in Leeds on March 19 (tickets via wearedefiant.com/leeds), or watch on access.wearedefiant.com 24-hours later.

U.K Pro Wrestling SuperStar, Defiant wrestler, and one of the countries best heel's Zach Gibson, may be heading to NXT?.

Link- http://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/03/08/uk-star-zack-gibson-heading-to-wwe/

23633444_10155058039081497_1584126019_o.

Edited by DragonClaws

House of Glory is Pro Wrestling on a Whole Other Level based out of the undergrounds of New York City, ran by Amazing Red and Brian XL, showcasing the absolute best high flyers and hard strikers around the world. Event Tickets, School Info, On Demand Service, and more available on our website HOGwrestling.net

Couple more House Of Glory videos.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:55 AM, DragonClaws said:

Look forward to your posts dude, they keep me up-dated on the Japanese Pro-Wretling scene.

No problem.

WWE released Abbey Laith, Sage Beckett and Gu Guangming (ring name Ming) from NXT. It appears Sage will be moving on to other things than wrestling. Guangming was signed two years ago when WWE held tryouts in China for the first time.

Japanese pro wrestler Kotoka, who was in Dragon Gate his whole career, retired at the March 6th show due to injuries. He is 28.

ROH 16th Anniversary Results

Sumie Sakai pinned Hana Kimura in the WOH champion tournament.

Tenille Dashwood (Emma) advanced over Brandi Rhodes as well.

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Flip Gordon.

Marty Scurll bested Punishment Martinez.

Kenny King retained the ROH TV title against Silas Young. He was then challenged by Austin Aries, which made people to believe ROH and Impact have a working relationship of some type.

SoCal Uncensored (Scorpio Sky, Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) dethroned the Hung Bucks (Hangman Page & the Young Bucks) for the ROH Trios titles. Daniels is now the first wrestler to complete the grand slam in ROH (TV, Tag, Trios and World Championship titles).

Cody Rhodes beat Matt Taven and got his Ring of Honor back. He was then attacked by the Bullet Club mascot Bury the Drug Free Bear who turned out to be Kenny Omega.

The Briscoes captured the ROH Tag titles for a record ninth time against the Motor City Machine Guns

Dalton Castle retained the ROH World Championship against Jay Lethal. He was then challenged by Marty Scurll.

Season 5 Episode 12 - In the most unpredictable episode of NGW British Wrestling Weekly history, utter chaos reigns over the NGW Undisputed Championship as we present... Ultimate Showdown 2! But with executive producer Mark "The Beast" Labbett on his way to the local hospital, in all the confusion, who will leave Hull City Hall with the NGW Undisputed Championship in hand at the end of NGW British Wrestling Season 5?

WWE FastLane Results:

• Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Rusev
  • Randy Orton becomes the new United States Champion after defeating Bobby Roode.
  • Natalya and Carmella defeated Naomi and Becky Lynch
  • The Usos won by DQ when The Bludgeon Brothers interfered in their Tag Team Title defense against The New Day
  • Charlotte Flair retained the Smackdown Women's Title against Ruby Riott and was met post-match by Asuka, who has decided that she will face Flair at WrestleMania for the Smackdown Women's Title
  • AJ Styles retains the WWE Heavyweight Championship after defeating Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, and John Cena in a Six-Pack Challenge match. The dream match between Styles and Nakamura at Wrestlemania is still on!!!

Jeff Hardy was arrested over the weekend for Driving While Impaired in Concord, NC. WWE issued a statement saying Hardy was responsible for his own actions and they are awaiting word from local law enforcement.

Kazuchika Okada is now the longest running champion in NJPW History. On Friday, he hit 629 days as IWGP heavyweight Champion, breaking the record held by Jushin Thunder Liger, who hold the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship for 628 days.

Matt Hardy is more excited now that Jeremy Borash has joined WWE. Borash helped produce Hardy's Broken Universe gimmick during their time on Impact:

“Personally I am very glad that Jeremy Borash is here in WWE…He’s got a great mind; a very creative person, a good friend of mine and he just deserves to work here. Coming to the WWE often validates your career in the business and he was kind of the glue that was keeping TNA together in many, many ways over the years. The fact that he’s here and actually hired by Triple H, and his role is to be an important part of NXT, I am very happy he’s got the opportunity”

Ahead of the Internet Championship's next defence at Lights Out 2018, we've hunted out the footage from the last time it was defended in Leeds.

NWA champion Nick Aldis continues the crusde he and Austin Idol started, by defending the prestiges Ten Pounds Of Gold against Harlem Bravado.