I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2018

Even though Rich Swann was cleared of those kidnapping charges, he is gone from WWE:
“Rich Swann and WWE have mutually agreed to part ways as of today, February 15, 2018. WWE wishes Swann the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Dolph Ziggler has re-signed a two-year deal with WWE.

Rey Mysterio may be signing a part-time contract with WWE either in 2018 and 2019.

Amanpreet Singh is the latest Indian wrestler to go to WWE's Performance Center in Orlando.

Big Cass has been seen working out in the WWEPC. He had surgery in August from an ACL tear and has been out of action 6 months...he's expected back in three months.

The latest ringside action, from the world of Next Generation Wrestling.

Season 5 Episode 9 - We bring extended highlights from the first round of the second Davey Boy Smith Memorial Cup Tournament, as Justin 'The Hammer' Sysum takes on Bubblegum. But who will walk away with the all important 3 points? In huge tag team action, the NGW Tag Team Championships are on the line as the ever confident Insane Fight Club (Joe Hendry, Lionheart & Kid Fite) take on local fan favourites The Proven (Caz Crash & Sam Wilder). Can The Proven finally send Insane Fight Club back to Scotland without the titles? Plus we hear exclusively from Nathan Cruz for the first time since the Destiny Rumble as he has some stern word for Zack Gibson.

Defiant Wrestling's Chain Reaction goes Live tonight.

Edited by DragonClaws

Emma is already the favorite to win the Women of Honor tournament.

WWE released a list of 37 people who attended the February tryouts. Notable names include Austin Theory, Dylan Bostic, Jarek 1:20, MJ Jenkins (D-Von Dudley's student), Kylie Rae (Booker T's student) and former UFC fighter and Ultimate Fighter 19 finalist Matt Van Buren.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-tryout-february-2018

Also NJPW is opening their Los Angeles dojo in March to run two five day full workout camps. The company announced on Friday that the number of applicants was beyond expectations.

https://www.njpw1972.com/njpwdojo/

In other NJPW news, Suzuki-gun member Taichi is moving up from the junior division to the heavyweight division. He had already singled out Tetsuya Naito at New Beginning in Osaka.

The Golden Lovers have reunited for the ROH/NJPW show Honor Rising. They will tag with Chase Owens against Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and Marty Scurll on night one. Night two will have them against Rhodes and Scurll.

Lucha Underground has unveiled a new locale for filming. It has moved from the Temple in Boyle Heights to a cold storage facility in downtown LA.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/lucha-underground-season-4-new-temple-pics-tickets/

Beginning in May, all WWE PPVs will become dual-branded events, with have both RAW and Smackdown matches, instead of one brand getting a PPV.

Rich Swann has already moved on after WWE released him on Thursday. He will appear in three upcoming events for Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion.

Mike Bennett (Kanellis) may be returning to WWE for the Smackdown! brand in April. The reason he has been missing for a long time is because he attended rehab for alcoholism. He has been working on his sobriety and getting back in shape. As for his wife Maria, she will be back later this year as if you don't know, she is pregnant.

Here he is with Baron Corbin at Texas Tech

New England Patriots' Rob Gronkowski, who if anyone will remember, helped Zack Ryder at WrestleMania a few years back, is considering retiring from the NFL and there are rumors that WWE may want to sign him like this did with Ronda Rousey should he decide to retire.

Seth Rollins should be applauded (which he was) for his Gauntlet match last night. He broke a record for the longest Raw match ever at an astounding one hour and five minutes. On top of that, it was damn good wrestling. And he pinned John Cena who hasn't been pinned clean on Raw since 2009.

When he curb stomped Cena to win the match, I literally stood up and let out a weird womanly scream.

Four huge contests on episode 10 of Defiant Wrestling. The Internet Title is on the line in a 4-way contest, with David Starr vs Travis Banks vs Mike Bailey vs Chris Brookes. New Women’s Champion Millie McKenzie is in singles action as she takes on the returning Lana Austin. Number one contenders to the Tag Team Titles will be decided as Aussie Open square off against SCC, who saw off The Hunter Brothers at Chain Reaction. Rampage vs Haskins rounds out episode 10, as the two men who battled to the end of the 5 v 5 on Sunday night face off.

Deonna Purrazzo and Holidead face off in the first round of the Women of Honor Championship Tournament!

During the Perth Show of NJPW's Fallout Down Under tour, Evil sustained a fractured left orbital bone and will miss the 46th Anniversary show. No word on if Sanada and him will have to vacate the IWGP Heavyweight Tag titles yet.

ROH/NJPW Honor Rising results

Night 1:

Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi defeated Toa Henare and Katsuya Kitamura

Jushin Thunder Liger, Delirious and Cheeseburger overcame the odds against G.O.D and Hikuleo.

The Young Bucks bested David Finlay and Juice Robinson.

Flip Gordon surprised everyone with a win over Kushida and Hiromu Takahashi.

Jay White and Best Friends defeated Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal and Ryusuke Taguchi.

Hirooki Goto retained the Never Openweight title against the Beer City Bruiser.

Hangman Page, Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll beat the Golden Lovers and Chase Owens

Night 2:

The Beer City Bruiser pinned Toa Henare.

David Finlay, Juice Robinson and Jay Lethal defeated Hikuleo, Chase Owens, and Yujiro Takahashi.

Bushi and Hiromu Takahashi beat Flip Gordon and Ryusuke Taguchi.

G.O.D and Bad Luck Fale retained the Never Openweight Trios titles against Cheeseburger, Delirious and Jushin Thunder Liger.

The Young Bucks and Hangman Page defeated Chuckie T., Jay White and Yoshi-hashi.

Dalton Castle retained the ROH World Championship belt in a three-way match against Trent Beretta and the Beer City Bruiser.

The Golden Lovers defeated Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll.

-----

Trent Beretta announced he will be out of action after tearing his triceps in a match against Chuckie T at a Pro Wrestling Guerilla show shortly before the Honor Rising shows.

James Ellsworth has taken a page out of Andy Kauffman's book to create his own belt.

Belated, but I saw NJPW in Sydney last week, as part of their Australian tour. It was amazing. Even better than I'd expected.

Season 5 Episode 10 - Still reeling from his surprise win at the Destiny Rumble, Liam Slater is set to get his hands on Joseph Conners once and for all. But as if often the case with "The Righteous" one, it's never as simple as that... Plus we hear exclusively from Zack Gibson for the first time since the Destiny Rumble as he comments on the illegal eliminations of. Nathan Cruz & Rampage Brown. He doesn't think he did anything wrong, but does NGW British Wrestling Weekly executive producer Mark "The Beast" Labbett agree?

WWE Elimination Chamber:

• Balor Club's Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated The Miztourage
  • Alexa Bliss retained her title in the 1st ever Women's Elimination Chamber match and is still WWE Raw Women's Champion
  • The Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro) retained their Raw Tag Team titles against Titus Worldwide (Titus O'Neal and Apollo Crews)
  • Asuka's undefeated streak continues as she defeated Nia Jax
  • "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey signed her WWE contract and get this...she put Triple H through a table and then got slapped by Stephanie McMahon. It looks like a Tag Team title is imminent with Rousey and a mystery partner against HHH and McMahon...rumors are if his schedule allows, Dwayne Johnson might be that partner. However, it may look like the partner might in fact be Raw GM Kurt Angle (which makes sense as they were both Olympians...Team Olympus? Catchy :P)
  • "Woken" Matt Hardy finally got his revenge and defeated Bray Wyatt
  • Roman Reigns won the Elimination Chamber match and will now face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania.
Edited by AlbertV

Even though I knew it was coming, I've never rolled my eyes harder at Roman winning. Not after Braun decimated everyone else. I get that they want to keep Braun strong but I thought the ending of the men's match was weak. They should have had Roman do a lot more than just a few superman punches and a couple of spears. He should have done something really big. I wonder who they're going to put Braun against next. There aren't exactly a lot of people that are his match right now.

Side note: Rollins should have won.

12 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Even though I knew it was coming, I've never rolled my eyes harder at Roman winning. Not after Braun decimated everyone else. I get that they want to keep Braun strong but I thought the ending of the men's match was weak. They should have had Roman do a lot more than just a few superman punches and a couple of spears. He should have done something really big. I wonder who they're going to put Braun against next. There aren't exactly a lot of people that are his match right now.

Side note: Rollins should have won.

I agree...they need to stop pushing Roman already. I would have loved to have seen Braun vs. Lesnar, but there have been hints that Braun may go after The Miz for his Intercontinental Title at WM.

Few videos from the world of Independent Wrestling.

Complete Pro Wrestling Eve show, a U.K based all-ladies Pro-Wrestling promotion.

More action from the Canadian based promotion Great North Wrestling.

At WWE FastLane, it will now be a Six-Pack Challenge for the WWE Heavyweight Title: Champion AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and now John Cena will face each other. The winner will face Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania for the title. I'm rooting for Styles on this one..Styles vs. Nakamura is a dream match.

The other day on Raw, Cena wishes he took on The Undertaker at Mania, but was told that it was impossible. I have a feeling that A, Styles will retain and face Nakamura and B, Cena will face Taker at WrestleMania in what truly would be Taker's final match.

CM Punk is taking on a new job: He will be the new host for Team USA of the next season of Ultimate Beastmaster.