I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2018

Now that Enzo Amore has been released from WWE, what will happen to the Cruiserweight Title? The answer will be revealed next week as 205 Live will have their own General Manager. And the reason for Enzo's firing is not because he is guilty, but because he failed to let WWE know of the investigation and after a year where Amore was "full of heat", WWE had enough and they agreed to release him.

At WWE's Mixed Match Challenge, Team Awe-suka (The Miz and Asuka) defeated Carmella and Big E when Asuka forced Carmella to tap out of the Asuka Lock.

They will face the Boss Club (Sasha Banks and Finn Balor) in Round 2 of the WWEMMC

Next week's WWEMMC will pit Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss against Sami Zayn and Becky Lynch.

14 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

And the reason for Enzo's firing is not because he is guilty, but because he failed to let WWE know of the investigation and after a year where Amore was "full of heat", WWE had enough and they agreed to release him.

There is also the fact that at the time of the assault, he was on a coke and meth binge with the accuser and two other people. Not a good thing for anyone.

NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania tour highlights

January 19 - Cuatrero defeated Angel de Oro for the CMLL World Middleweight Championship. Soberano Jr. retained the National Welterweight Championship against Sanson. Niebla Roja retained the CMLL World Light Heavyweight title by pinning Gran Guerrero.

January 21 - Volador Jr. retained the NWA World Historic Welterweight title by beating Barbaro Cavernario. (Who owns this belt? Corgan?)

January 22 - On the final night, Cuatrero and Sanson took third place in the CMLL Brothers tag tournament by beating Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro. For his "Adios to Japan" match, Hirai Kawato tagged with Atlantis but lost to Gedo and Barbaro Cavernario. Kawato will now be training in Mexico. Rush beat Satoshi Kojima in a special singles match. Los Guerreros (Gran Guerrero and Ultimo Guerrero) defeated Mistico and Dragon Lee to become the first Brothers Tag Tournament champions.

Satoshi Kojima suffered a ruptured left ACL and will be out for a max of nine months.

Three more wrestlers were announced for the NJPW Down Under Tour in Australia. They are Chase Owens, Yuji Nagata and Rocky Romero.

Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr. won the RevPro World Tag titles at the High Stakes show.

Ronda Rousey has squashed rumors that she will appear at this Sunday's Royal Rumble as she will be heading to Colombia to work on Mile 22 (which is in production with Mark Wahlberg and Iko Uwais with Peter Berg directing). She also added she has not officially signed with WWE as of yet. One can guess she will sign once she finishes shooting the action film.

Satoshi Kojima will no longer appear at NJPW's New Beginning due to a ruptured ACL.

Vince McMahon is set to make a major sports announcement this afternoon, which is rumored to be the return of the XFL in 2020. The announcement will be made at 3pm EST.

Things have gotten very interesting in the Enzo Amore case. He was released if you recall because he failed to tell WWE about the accusations from October and the ongoing investigation. There has now been what could be a potential major twist in the story. I'll let you see for yourself here.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/enzo-amores-rape-accuser-confirms-controversial-text-messages-real

Now, I know Enzo has made his own bed and has really messed up his relationship with WWE and their staff for hiding it all (had he been upfront, he may still just be suspended), but if what is being said is in fact true, then this could possibly lead to Enzo potentially suing the accuser. Again, if you're up for it, check out the link and you decide.

In the meantime, if you haven't heard the news, WWE may beup for sale. Vince McMahon has not put new expenses in the company and a recent interview with Triple H had him reiterate those claims that a sale is possible. He is also focusing on his new venture, Alpha Entertainment, which is spearheading the return of the XFL. Yes, I am watching the live stream and the XFL is returning in 2020.

McMahon did say there will be no crossover between WWE and the XFL.

Edited by AlbertV

Charges against Rich Swann for false imprisonment and kidnapping were dropped by prosecutors due to insufficient evidence. What will this mean in terms of his career in WWE? He may end up returning. They only suspended him until the legal standing was found.

Edited by AlbertV

WWE Royal Rumble results:

Kalisto, Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik def. TJP, Gentleman Jack Gallagher & Drew Gulak

The Revival def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

Bobby Roode def. Mojo Rawley to retain United States Title

AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a handicap match to retain his WWE Heavyweight Championship

The Usos def. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable to retain their SmackDown Tag Team titles in a Best of 3 Falls Match

Shinsuke Nakamura won the Men's Royal Rumble...can't wait to see Styles vs. Nakamura at WrestleMania

Sheamus and Cesaro, aka The Bar defeated Jason Jordan & Seth Rollins to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions.

Brock Lesnar defated Braun Strowman and Kane to retain his Universal Championship

Asuka won the Women's Royal Rumble...that's when this happened!!!!

Some cool returns last night though!

#AndresStyle made a fan video of his Top 10 Returns in the Women's Royal Rumble

Switchblade Jay White defeated Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Championship at New Beginning and it now is looking like The Bullet Club is in serious jeopardy after an enraged Omega pushed down Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks prompting them to leave and Cody Rhodes gave Omega the Cross Rhodes and was about to hit him with a chair....untl Kota Ibushi saves Omega...it looks like Omega may be now out of The Bullet Club (according to sources, Cody wants to be the new leader), but on the plus side, Omega and Ibushi are gearing to be reunited as the Golden Lovers...but what will be the fate of Bullet Club. After all, original members Tama Tonga and Fale are still in the group...could they be

EC3 is officially now with WWE...

Edited by AlbertV

The Dudley Boyz will join Goldberg in the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018. Rumors are about that Mark Henry and Ivory may be joining the WWEHOF as well.

Alicia Fox will no longer compete in the WWE Mixed Match Challenge due to injury. A replacement partner for Goldust will soon be announced. Fox suffered a broken tailbone and will be out of action for a few months.

Jonathan Coachman is back in WWE, and will return tonight as part of the RAW Commentary team alongside Corey Graves and Michael Cole. Booker T will return to doing PPV panelist work, appear occasionally on Raw and is still a WWE ambassador.

Ronda Rousey's appearance at last night's Royal Rumble was only known to Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon according to PWinsider.com. The appearance was never listed on the production sheets. It caught everyone by surprise apparently. It looks like Rousey will debut at WrestleMania. Rousey is heading back to Colombia first to finish work on Mile 22, co-starring Mark Wahlberg and Iko Uwais.

18 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Ronda Rousey's appearance at last night's Royal Rumble was only known to Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Triple H, and Stephanie McMahon according to PWinsider.com. The appearance was never listed on the production sheets. It caught everyone by surprise apparently. It looks like Rousey will debut at WrestleMania. Rousey is heading back to Colombia first to finish work on Mile 22, co-starring Mark Wahlberg and Iko Uwais.

Oh, that's why it was so awkward. She just wandered out and pointed. Everyone looked confused.

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Oh, that's why it was so awkward. She just wandered out and pointed. Everyone looked confused.

They hold the first ever female rumble, then Ronda Rousey comes down and steals all the thunder with a random gesture. Maybe they could have featured her in a different part of the show?.

22 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

They hold the first ever female rumble, then Ronda Rousey comes down and steals all the thunder with a random gesture. Maybe they could have featured her in a different part of the show?.

I actually thought she was going to be part of the Rumble as a surprise contestant. Triple H shed some light on what had transpired:

Keeping Rousey's appearance a secret:
“It’s harder than you think in this world of social media. As it was coming down to making the decision we wanted to do this, there were a lot of last-minute things. She was in Colombia doing the movie. Trying to get somebody on a flight that is as famous as Ronda is, and as visible as she is – and internationally she’s almost bigger than she is in he U.S. – on a flight, into the country, through customs, clear security, on another flight to Philly, shuttle to a hotel, into the service entry, brought to a bus, hidden in the arena the whole day, and not until right before she walks out there does anybody see her. It was a monumental task, it took a large team. But it’s all for trying to create a moment for our fans, and trying to create a moment for the world where you just have… while people expect it, they don’t know. And it’s so difficult now because the second somebody is seen somewhere, social media is all over it. The world cannot wait to be the person to say ‘I was the one who saw her,’ or ‘I broke this.’ So when you’re able to pull off something that’s a big surprise like that, it’s great. Trust me, we all kept it very, very quiet on all fronts. Very few people knew… there was only a handful at best that knew.”

The Locker Room Reaction to Rousey:
“I think they’re thrilled. It’s funny, when Ronda came back, all she wanted to do was see those other girls in the Rumble and tell them how great it was. Before we brought her out I was with her watching the tail end of the Women’s Rumble… and she is such a fan of the talent and everybody that’s working that it’s hard for them when they’re around her, like she’s almost in awe of them, in some ways, as much as they look at her because she’s from outside. She fits right in. It’s funny thing, very few people come into something like this – and I’ve seen a lot of them over 25 years – they come in and there’s a difference. There’s a difference in their mentality and they way they are, and it takes a little while to fit in….Any time she’s ever been around us, it’s like this is where she should have been her whole life. She’s just like everybody else who is in our locker room. There’s no pretenses, there’s no ego, there’s no anything. She just fits right into them. I think, from that standpoint, they can wait to rub up against her and kind of get that opportunity. It’s going to put a lot of eyes on them and it’s going to elevate their careers and it’s going to elevate what we do.”

Ronda will also be using the nickname "Rowdy" as homage to the late Roddy Piper. WWE has filed a trademark for the "Rowdy Ronda Rousey" name. As a matter of fact, Piper's daughter Ariel Toombs supports the decision for Rousey to pay tribute to her dad. Both Rousey and Piper trained with the legendary "Judo" Gene LeBell:

After the success of the first Women's Royal Rumble, Stephanie McMahon announced on Raw last night there will be the first Women's Elimination Chamber match, set for the PPV in February. While Alexa Bliss will have to defend her title against five other opponents, the Men's Elimination Chamber match will determine who will face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania because as reported, Shinsuke Nakamura has decided after winning the Royal Rumble to give the fans what they have wanted: he will face AJ Styles for the WWE Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania.

Speaking of that Asuka and Sasha Banks had quite an awesome match last night. I was surprised. Probably the best Women's match in WWE I've seen in a long time. They took hits and falls like crazy, but Asuka narrowly won when she reversed the Banks Statement into the Asuka-Lock.

Braun Strowman, Elias, and John Cena will all compete in the Elimination Chamber match for the #1 Contender for the Universal Championship.

The Miz retained his Intercontinental Championship against Roman Reigns

The Revival defeated Rhyno and Heath Slater

The Bar defeated Titus Worldwide to retain the Raw Tag Team Championship.

And ...."testify"!

Goldust will reveal tonight at the WWE Mixed Match Challenge who his new partner will be after Alicia Fox has to withdraw due to a broken tailbone.

Edited by AlbertV

10 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I actually thought she was going to be part of the Rumble as a surprise contestant. Triple H shed some light on what had transpired:

Still tihnk it was an odd decision, equally odd is when Sasha Banks used a kick to the back of Paige, when it was a known fact she had issues with that area. Also if it was so bad, why did they clear her to takepart in the match?.

2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Still think it was an odd decision, equally odd is when Sasha Banks used a kick to the back of Paige, when it was a known fact she had issues with that area. Also if it was so bad, why did they clear her to take part in the match?.

I don't know why they cleared her when it was obvious she wasn't able to. At least Paige is still staying with WWE but in a more non-active role. I wonder what they will have her do.

Have just heard Jeremy Borash has signed with WWE, so that should be interesting.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Have just heard Jeremy Borash has signed with WWE, so that should be interesting.

WWE continue the IMPACT wrestling talent raid, I think Laurel Van Ness might be next to sign up with them. Also looks like they've put a stop on Rey Misterio Jr going there too.

Edited by DragonClaws

The latst up-date from team NWA, with their continuing Ten Pounds Of Gold series.

NWA Champion Nick Aldis, continues to defend the title, here, there and everywhere.

Edited by DragonClaws

I don't think anyone remotely expected the ending to this episode.

New Beginning in Sapporo Results

Day One

Michael Elgin defeated Katsuya Kitamura in the second of Kitamura's seven tests.

Kushida, Tiger Mask, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan beat Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Takashi Iizuka, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru).

Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii defeated Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi,

Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa and Bad Luck Fale retained the Never Openweight Trios titles against Taguchi Japan (Toa Henare, Togi Makabe and Ryusuke Taguchi).

Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and Marty Scurll beat David Finlay, Juice Robinson and Kota Ibushi.

Hiromu Takahashi and Tetsuya Naito defeated Will Ospreay and Yoshi-hashi

Gedo, Hirooki Goto and Kazuchika Okada beat Bushi, Evil and Sanada.

The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega defeated Roppongi 3K and Jay White

Minoru Suzuki captured the IWGP Intercontinental title from Hiroshi Tanahashi. He then gave a really evil promo.

Day 2

In the third of his seven tests, Katsuya Kitamura lost to Juice Robinson.

Suzuki-gun (Taichi, El Desperado, Taka Michinoku and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) defeated Tiger Mask, Jushin Thunder Liger, Shota Umino, and Ryusuke Taguchi.

Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii won over Hikuleo and Yujiro Takahashi.

Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa, Chase Owens and Bad Luck Fale) beat Togi Makabe, Tomoyuki Oka, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Manabu Nakanishi.

Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka defeated Michael Elgin and Toa Henare.

Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and Marty Scurll bested Kushida, David Finlay and Kota Ibushi.

Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil, Sanada, Hiromu Takahashi and Tetsuya Naito) beat Chaos (Gedo, Will Ospreay, Yoshi-hashi, Hirooki Goto and Kazuchika Okada).

Roppongi3K took the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag titles back from the Young Bucks.

Jay White stunned everyone by pinning Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight title.

12 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

I don't think anyone remotely expected the ending to this episode.

Yeah I was shocked at that ending...I wonder what this will mean for Bullet Club and The Elite. It can go either way at this point...

Rusev defeated Kofi Kingston, Jinder Mahal, and Zack Ryder to become the #1 contender for Bobby Roode's United States Championship and will face Roode next week on SmackDown.

BFFs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will have to face each other next week to determine who will face AJ Styles for the WWE title at FastLane. Last night the "Yep movement" lost to the dream team of Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. I am personally stoked for Styles-Nakamura at WrestleMania (they better keep Styles as champ after FastLane)

Well, it is official...the former Rockstar Spud is now known as Drake Maverick and he is the new General Manager of 205 Live! There will be a tournament to determine who will be the new Cruiserweight Champ! The winner will be crowned at WrestleMania.

Edited by AlbertV

6 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Well, it is official...the former Rockstar Spud is now known as Drake Maverick and he is the new General Manager of 205 Live! There will be a tournament to determine who will be the new Cruiserweight Champ! The winner will be crowned at WrestleMania.

This guys come a long way since I first saw him on an old TNA reality program, where they were offering British talent a chance to win a place in their company. Must be a good four or five years ago now?, cant recall the shows name.

19 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

Minoru Suzuki captured the IWGP Intercontinental title from Hiroshi Tanahashi. He then gave a really evil promo.

I wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of that man, like his hairstyle though.

Two more Defiant shows added to their 2018 schedule.

Edited by DragonClaws